15858Re: Quiet in Here

  • George
    Aug 7, 2005
      Well, I think the Hobbit will come out looking better to the book fans
      than LoTR. It's more of a self contained story, it's much simpler and
      easy to follow. It could be very, very long though.

      Either way, I can't wait...

      ~George

      --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Bellinger"
      <yesgaz@i...> wrote:
      > I'm here too but have been reading some other authors such as Anne
      > McCaffrey, Andre Norton, Robin Hobb, Guy Gavriel Kay and Mercedes
      Lackey.
      > Trying to experience some outside of JRRT.
      >
      > Still, I can't wait to start moaning over the mistreatment of The
      Hobbit by
      > PJ. I sure hope he doesn't shred too much of the opening scene when the
      > dwarves all fall into Bilbo's house. And I especially hope that he
      doesn't
      > cut out Beorn like he did Tom Bombadil claiming Beorn would just confuse
      > moviegoers who are new to The Hobbit!

      Service.

      > > Come and visit our Tolkien Discussions group online and take advantage
      > > of our Messages, Chat, Files, Photos, Links, Database, Polls, Members,
      > > and Calendar sections.
      > >
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic