15233Re: [TolkienDiscussions] Re: A thought concerning the 1st battle of the ring.....

  • Grey Malkin
    Mar 2, 2005
      > So without Isildur willing to destroy the ring the only way it could
      > be destroyed would be the kill or break isildur's mind. Elrond being
      > foresighted would not want the last of the line to be lost. ( I think
      > he was the last of his line at this time)

      Actually, he had two or three sons at this time, I believe. He had at
      least one, anyway.

      And wasn't he ambushed and killed on his way home from this war? Or
      am I confusing my movies and books yet again?

      Grim
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic