15225Re: [TolkienDiscussions] Re: A thought concerning the 1st battle of the ring.....

  • Ink
    Mar 1, 2005
      Think about it, if he killed Isildur he would the take the ring and
      because he killed him "for the ring" he would keep it. On the other
      hand if he manged to throw the ring in with out outright killing him
      then he would have been destroyed by losing the ring without it being
      he own will.

      So without Isildur willing to destroy the ring the only way it could
      be destroyed would be the kill or break isildur's mind. Elrond being
      foresighted would not want the last of the line to be lost. ( I think
      he was the last of his line at this time)

      "Elen sila lumenn omentilmo"
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic