13559RE: [TolkienDiscussions] Eärnur
- Jun 1, 2004Perhaps. But the fact was that Gondor was at war and needed a proven military leader whose first loyalty was to Gondor---not a woman (who in that society would not have had any military training or experience) whose husband's first loyalty was to another kingdom.
From: Rob [mailto:robaverbeck@...]
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 10:14 AM
Subject: RE: [TolkienDiscussions] Eärnur
>Hence, the Steward and Council awarded the crown to aSounds to me like a lot of militaristic, anti-feminist bullshit! ;)
>royal cousin, who was a) known to the Gondorians; b) already a
>proven military leader.
Come and visit our Tolkien Discussions group online and take advantage
of our Messages, Chat, Files, Photos, Links, Database, Polls, Members,
and Calendar sections.
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12919q12s/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=1705019844:HM/EXP=1086185641/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://companion.yahoo.com> click here
Yahoo! Groups Links
* To visit your group on the web, go to:
* To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic