10925Re: Wizards

  • geltharin2003
    Jan 1, 2004
      Or were all three 'ensnared' by Sauron so to speak, and Saruman was
      the only one that he 'sent' back to the west. Maybe the other two
      stayed in various areas of the east to help Sauron maintain his hold
      over the people there.

      Robert

      --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "bungo_burrows"
      <yesgaz@i...> wrote:
      > --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, Info Servo
      > <informitor@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- geltharin2003 <geltharin2003@y...> wrote:
      > > > No, only five. My fancy has wondered a bit from
      > > > time to time what ever became of the two Blue wizards.
      > >

      > > It is possible that they wound up becoming servants of
      > > Sauron, like Saruman did. In fact, Saruman had
      > > accompanied them on their journey and wound up being
      > > the only of the three to make it back.
      > >

      > That thought makes me wonder if Saruman had even then begun to
      have
      > his dark thoughts and led these two wizards into a trap and gift-
      > wrapped them in a sense for Sauron or at least made a pact with
      > Sauron to help Sauron win Middle Earth.
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic