Request your intervention in the illegal imprisonment of Mr. Nguyen Truc Cuong and Mr. Nguyen Vu Viet (Father Thaddeus Nguyen Van Ly's nephews) by Vietnamese authorities

  • Viet Si
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2002

      Thua ban Phuong Hang,

      Ba.n muo^'n to^i im lang dde hai em Cuong va` Viet (cha'u Cha Ly') che^'t ru.c trong tu` VC hay sao? Kho^ng ai co`n nho*' dden hai em na`y dda~ bi bo.n thu' va^.t co^ng an VC dda'nh dda^.p, tra ta^'n da~ man, va` ba('t tu` to^.i ho*n mot na(m nay.

      Chu'ng ta, mo^~i nguo*``i VN yeu nuoc, pha?i co' nghi~a vu. dda^'u tranh ba?o ve^. nhung nguoi ba.n chie^'n dda^'u cu?a chu'ng ta, du` ho. chi? la` nhu*~ng ba.n tre? ddo*n so*, ye^'u dduo^'i, kho^ng ai co`n bie^'t va` nho*' dde^'n te^n tuo^?i nhu* hai em Cuong va` Vie^.t. Chi? vi` thuong nguoi chu' can truo*`ng, LM Nguyen Van Ly', ma` hai em bi ho.a la^y.

      Ba.n im lang bo.n bo` va`ng VC co' tha cho hai em Cuong va Viet so*'m ho*n nga`y na`o cha(ng hay chu'ng co' the^? thu? tie^u hai em ma` khong mot ai ngo' nga`ng dde^'n.

      From:  phuonghang duongthi <s992003@...>
      Date:  Tue Aug 20, 2002  12:19 pm
      Subject:  Re: [HoiNghi] Request your intervention in the illegal imprisonment of Mr. Nguyen Truc Cuong and Mr. Nguyen Vu Viet (Father Thaddeus Nguyen Van Ly's nephews) by Vietnamese authorities.

      Voi cai co may nghien CA lam theo cach nay khong phai la dieu ke. Chung no se vin vao nhung yeu to nay de tra thu tan bao hon nhung nguoi dang nam trong tay cua chung no. Phai co ban linh cao hon cai co may nghien CA moi thang noi chung no. Chua co du the luc de bao vay chung no thi tot hon nen giu im lang.

      Duong Thi Phuong Hang

       Viet Si wrote:

      August 20th, 2002.

      Human Rights Watch

      312 Sutter Street, Suite # 407

      San Francisco, CA. 94108

      Phone: (415) 362-3250

      Fax:     (415) 362-3255

      Re: Request your intervention in the illegal imprisonment of Mr. Nguyen Truc Cuong and Mr. Nguyen Vu Viet (Father Thaddeus Nguyen Van Ly's nephews) by Vietnamese authorities.

      Dear Sirs/Madams:

      We would like to request your urgent intervention to demand immediate releases of Mr. Nguyen Truc Cuong and Mr. Nguyen Vu Viet, who are nephews of Father Thaddeus Nguyen Van Ly. They have been arrested, accused of helping Father Ly and imprisoned for over a year now. The causes for imprisonment are astoundingly illegal.

      We, the Free Vietnamese inside and outside Vietnam, who have been fiercely fighting for liberty, constitutional and lawful democracy in Vietnam, have fully supported the bravest freedom fighters in Vietnam like the Nguyen's. Those political dissidents who have been currently in prisons, under house arrests or in detention, include: Mr. Nguyen Truc Cuong, Nguyen Vu Viet, Mr. Nguyen Khac Toan, Mr. Pham Que Duong, Dr. Nguyen Dan Que, Father Thaddeus Nguyen Van Ly, Most Venerable Thich Huyen Quang, Most Venerable Thich Quang Do, Mr. Le Quang Liem, Mr. Tran Khue, Dr. Pham Hong Son, Attorney Le Chi Quang, Attorney Nguyen Van Minh, Journalist Nguyen Vu Binh, Mr. Hoang Minh Chinh, Dr. Nguyen Thanh Giang, Mr. Hoang Tien, Dr. Ha Si Phu etc. There are also hundreds of other Vietnamese citizens, intellectuals, students, seniors and also former members of the Vietnamese Communist Party who dearly love our country, wholeheartedly care for the gloomy future of our poor country. They all have been strongly and continuously demanding for a real democratic and free Vietnam.

      We would appreciate your kind and effective assistance to demand the current non-elected totalitarian government in Vietnam to:

      1. Immediately release Mr. Nguyen Truc Cuong and Mr. Nguyen Vu Viet and all above-mentioned dissidents and all other political dissidents without any conditions.
      2. Immediately return all properties (e.g. land, schools, buildings, cash, belongings, etc...) to our religious Churches and other citizens that have been illegally and violently robbed by the so-called local and central governments in Vietnam.
      3. Immediately stop to intervene in the internal affairs of all religious churches via arbitrarily governmental requirements on the training programs, appointments of religious staff and all other illegal governmental dirty tricks to manipulate and completely control all holy activities of our religious Churches and their faithful followers.
      4. Immediately release to the Vietnamese communities in and outside Vietnam detailed contents of the two Treaties, which were signed on December 30, 1999 and December 25, 2000 between the Vietnamese Communist Party and the Chinese Communist Party concerning our land and sea concessions to China without official approvals of the Vietnamese citizens which is absolutely required by the Vietnamese Communist Constitution itself. Our ultimate and urgent demand is to immediately and indefinitely stop executing and to abolish those treasonous shameful Treaties.
      1. Immediately abolish the uncivilized and barbaric administrative procedure "Mouths Control Policy" (Che^' Do^. Ho^. Kha^?u) which has imperatively impose required residence for each single citizen in Vietnam. Citizens� overnight or long-distance travels are required to obtain local government�s approvals. Absolutely no other country on earth has ever imagined of and employed that inhuman administrative procedure.
      1. Immediately abolish the cruel administrative decree 31-ND/CP which authorizes local and central Vietnamese governments to arrest and imprison any citizen without sending them to courts for fair trials for an indefinite period of time.

      "Everybody is born free and equal". No government can claim to be representative of any ideology (especially the completely failed Communism ideology) to arrest, confine or imprison its citizens only because they peacefully voice out their wills and demands for a free and democratic country. It is worthwhile to note that Vietnamese Communist Party was a solemn and official signatory in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

      We highly appreciate your kind attention and valuable assistance to help immediately release the Nguyen brothers and other fighters for democracy, to regain our basic freedom, democracy and human rights for our beloved country and our poor fellows in Vietnam.

      Sincerely,

      Viet Si

      Former Political Prisoner under Vietnamese Communist Regime

      Father Thaddeus Nguyen Van Ly's suppoter

      San Jose, California

      Contact:

      1- Viet Si (Email: Duy_Tam @...)

      2- Mrs. Nguyen Thi Mui (Cuong and Viet's Mother)

      68 years old

      41/111 Quang Bien Hemlet

      Quang Tien Village, Thong Nhat District

      Dong Nai Province, Vietnam

      - U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell

      - U.S. Representative Loretta Sanchez

      - U.S. Representative Zoe Lofgren

      - U.S. Representative Mike Honda

      - U.S. Senator Trent Lott

      - European Representative Oliver Dupuis

      - European Representative Lars Rise

      - ICC

      - Vatican Radio

      - Vietnamese communities around the world

      - Orange County Register

      Do You Yahoo!?