Re: Re: Re: 2nd Extension

  • Sohel Modi
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 28, 2012
      It might be best to consider it from Jan 2011 in your case.

      Because although you entered UK in march but you have been out of country in 2010 for long period of time. 90 days at a stretch and 180 days total absence in 5 years is only permissible.

      There are exceptions but only under compelling circumstances and work related.

      Sent from my iPad

      On 28 Apr 2012, at 22:07, Farhath <farhath99@...> wrote:

      Hi Guys,

      Sorry, for replying late.

      Visa Issued: Feb 2010

      First visit to UK: March 2010 (13 days)

      Second visit: June 2010 (1 week)

      Third visit: Oct 2010 (5 days)

      Finally, moved completely in Jan 2011.

      Please advise from which date do I start counting the days (years) for ILR.

      Thanks in advance for your responses.

      Sent from some Phone

      On 28 Apr 2012, at 08:39, Venkatesh <venki_9@...> wrote:

      Farhath,

      Can you be little clear? You visited UK within 90 days and then went back to your home country and you had issues with your employer in your home country and due to this you couldn't visit UK again within 90 days? Is my understanding clear?

      If so, ILR clock ticks from your first visit, however you are breaching here consecutive 90 days absent that may be little problem.

      Cheers

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 28 Apr 2012, at 07:04, Farhath <farhath99@...> wrote:

      Hi Sohel,

      Thanks for sharing that info. I have a different scenario, I've landed and stamped my Visa on entry within 90 days from the date of issue. And tried to visit the UK within 90 days. But due to some issues with my employer couldn't visit again within the 90 days period. My question is from which date do I start counting my 5 yrs for ILR? Is it the date of visit after breaching the 90 days requirement? Please advise.

      Cheers,

      F. Khan

      On 26 Apr 2012, at 16:50, Sohel <sohel.modi@...> wrote:

      Hi Karthik,

      Falling short will mean that a person came to UK after more than 90 days after getting his visa stamped. Because as per the latest ruling a case worker will consider initial gap if it is less than 3 months.

      Hope that helps.

      Thanks!

      Sohel

      On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Sohel <sohel.modi@...> wrote:

      thanks for sharing this information!

      On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Venkatesh <venki_9@...> wrote:

      Hi Guys,

      i have extended my Tier 1 General visa for 2nd time successfully through PEO.
      I came to UK in 2008 and was given 3 years initially until 2011. I extended my tier 1 visa 1st time in 2011 and got it until 2013. However i have few days shortage for ILR in 2013, so i extended my tier 1 visa 2nd time again today until 2014.

      It was straight forward and asked why i'm extending my visa a year before, i said im falling short of few days for ILR, so back to back visa application fee will put me under financial burden, they accepted it and given visa until 2014. So ideally i covered my shortage period for ILR.

      Cheers,

      --
      Thanks!

      Sohel

      --
      Thanks!

      Sohel

      =

    • AKK
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 1, 2012
        Hi Venki,

        Sorry I couldn't find your reply in the posts to the following query, could you please reply once again? And also..

        I wonder why the case worker didn't give the visa for 2yrs as it should be for your 2nd extension? As per your information it has been granted for only one year! Is there any reason for this?

        I understand you were only few days short for your ILR but it should have been granted for 2yrs.

        Regards
        Kishore

        --- In TierOne@yahoogroups.com, Karthik Subramanian <karthikmsuk@...> wrote:

        > Hi Venki,
        >
        > Congratulations...
        >
        > Could you please give more details(whether you arrived quite late to UK
        > after u got ur first ViSA in 2008) as of how many days you were falling
        > short for ILR.
        >
        > It would be really helpful if you give this information because majority of
        > tier1's will be in the same situation as yours
        >
        > Thanks
        > Karthik.
        >
        > On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Venkatesh <venki_9@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Hi Guys,
        > >
        > > i have extended my Tier 1 General visa for 2nd time successfully through
        > > PEO.
        > > I came to UK in 2008 and was given 3 years initially until 2011. I
        > > extended my tier 1 visa 1st time in 2011 and got it until 2013. However i
        > > have few days shortage for ILR in 2013, so i extended my tier 1 visa 2nd
        > > time again today until 2014.
        > >
        > > It was straight forward and asked why i'm extending my visa a year before,
        > > i said im falling short of few days for ILR, so back to back visa
        > > application fee will put me under financial burden, they accepted it and
        > > given visa until 2014. So ideally i covered my shortage period for ILR.
        > >
        > > Cheers,

      • Farhath
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 2, 2012
          Hi Kishore,

          The visa was granted for 2 years from 2012 to 2014. The validity date starts from the date of application.

          Cheers,

          FK

          Sent from my iPhone

          On 2 Sep 2012, at 04:47, "AKK" <kishoreambekar@...> wrote:

          Hi Venki,

          Sorry I couldn't find your reply in the posts to the following query, could you please reply once again? And also..

          I wonder why the case worker didn't give the visa for 2yrs as it should be for your 2nd extension? As per your information it has been granted for only one year! Is there any reason for this?

          I understand you were only few days short for your ILR but it should have been granted for 2yrs.

          Regards
          Kishore

          --- In TierOne@yahoogroups.com, Karthik Subramanian <karthikmsuk@...> wrote:

          > Hi Venki,
          >
          > Congratulations...
          >
          > Could you please give more details(whether you arrived quite late to UK
          > after u got ur first ViSA in 2008) as of how many days you were falling
          > short for ILR.
          >
          > It would be really helpful if you give this information because majority of
          > tier1's will be in the same situation as yours
          >
          > Thanks
          > Karthik.
          >
          > On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Venkatesh <venki_9@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Hi Guys,
          > >
          > > i have extended my Tier 1 General visa for 2nd time successfully through
          > > PEO.
          > > I came to UK in 2008 and was given 3 years initially until 2011. I
          > > extended my tier 1 visa 1st time in 2011 and got it until 2013. However i
          > > have few days shortage for ILR in 2013, so i extended my tier 1 visa 2nd
          > > time again today until 2014.
          > >
          > > It was straight forward and asked why i'm extending my visa a year before,
          > > i said im falling short of few days for ILR, so back to back visa
          > > application fee will put me under financial burden, they accepted it and
          > > given visa until 2014. So ideally i covered my shortage period for ILR.
          > >
          > > Cheers,

        • Venkatesh
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 2, 2012
            Farhat is right, visa was given from 2012 to 2014.

            Sent from my iPhone

            =