Luna is awesome!

  • evylynch16
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 22, 2010
      Is'nt Luna great! She's soooo amazing!!! I enjoyed acting as one of my fav characters- I actually have a cat named Luna :)
    • Brian64
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 22, 2010
        Hi Evanna,

        Wow, I never thought I'd see Luna's real life counterpart here on this group. Still, I'm glad to see you here - whether you're the real Evanna or an Evanna/Luna fan.

        I've read a couple of times that JKR considered the casting of Luna to be 'Perfect!', and I'd have to agree. It's a shame more of the Luna scenes written in the books weren't included in the movies (OoTP and HBP anyway), as it left out aspects of her personality.

        Are you allowed to say anything about the Luna scenes included in DH pts 1&2? I'd be interested to hear any hints about additional scenes to look forward to. :)

        In answer to your question, yes, I think Luna is an amazing and complex character, and I found her a lot of fun to write.

        So... while I have the opportunity to ask, what do you think of my characterisation of Luna in my story? I've tried to do write her the way I think JKR meant her to be, but if anyone besides JKR is an expert on Luna, it would be Evanna Lynch. :)

        Regards,

        Brian

        --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "evylynch16" <evylynch16@...> wrote:

        > Is'nt Luna great! She's soooo amazing!!! I enjoyed acting as one of my fav characters- I actually have a cat named Luna :)

      • chichi
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 27, 2010
          can i get a summary of some of those scenes that were in the book but not the movie for luna? i like luna a lot but i don't tend to read actual books much

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 27, 2010
            Hi Chichi,

            I don't know about summarising all of them, but here are some starters for you. You should check out Luna's wikia page for more.

            In OoTP, we first encounter Luna on the train to Hogwarts, and it is Ginny that introduces Luna as they enter her cabin. She's still reading the Quibbler upside down, but the scene is a lot longer, and we also get to see her become angry as she defends her father from Hermione's comments about his newspaper.

            There is also a funny scene where she is commentating a quidditch match that I was looking forward to watching.

            There was also quite a bit more involved in Harry inviting her to accompany Slughorn's party as friends, and his enjoyment of the conversations she had with some of the guests.

            On the other hand, the movie did bring in a couple of extra things that weren't in the books. For example, it was Tonks that found Harry petrified under his invisibility cloak and brought him up to the castle in the book. In the movie it is Luna, and not only that, but we get *proof* that at least wrackspurts exist as we can see them through her spectrespecs.

            I'm kind of torn about that proof to be honest. On the one hand I like that it shows that at least one of 'her' creatures are real, but on the other hand, I think that the 'do they or don't they' exist question is one that is meant to remain unanswered. Some things are meant to be taken on faith.

            Regards,

            Brian

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 27, 2010
              was there a scene where harry walked with luna through the forbidden forest while luna was naked? i ask cause in a fic i was reading awhile back it made it sound like there was such a scene in the cannon part of the scene being that she squatted an took a leak in the forest while harry watched (though how closely he watched wasn't specifically stated luna made it sound like harry's face was inches from her pussy harry made it sound like he was a few feet away and only watched out of shock that she did it in front of him)

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 27, 2010
                Hi Chichi

                No, there was never anything like that in the books. I don't even think Harry met up with Luna in the forest in the books. I think they used that scene in the movie as a way of amalgamating a few other conversations.

                For example, as I remember it, Luna tells Harry she believes him after coming out of a class with Ginny. Also, in the book she doesn't tell Harry about her mum dying until the scene in the hallway where she's putting up notes the night of the leaving feast.

                Cheers,

                Brian

                --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "chichi" <chi90504@...> wrote:

                > was there a scene where harry walked with luna through the forbidden forest while luna was naked? i ask cause in a fic i was reading awhile back it made it sound like there was such a scene in the cannon part of the scene.. <snip>
              • chichi
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 28, 2010
                  wait there was a scene like that in the movies? which one?

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 28, 2010
                    Hi Chichi,

                    The scenes I just described below were in the book (OoTP), not the movie.

                    Brian

                    --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "chichi" <chi90504@...> wrote:

                    > wait there was a scene like that in the movies? which one?
                    >
                    > --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "Brian64" <bjdibbins@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi Chichi
                    > >
                    > > No, there was never anything like that in the books. I don't even think Harry met up with Luna in the forest in the books. I think they used that scene in the movie as a way of amalgamating a few other conversations.
                    > >
                    > > For example, as I remember it, Luna tells Harry she believes him after coming out of a class with Ginny. Also, in the book she doesn't tell Harry about her mum dying until the scene in the hallway where she's putting up notes the night of the leaving feast.
                  • Tim W
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 2, 2010
                      --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "evylynch16" <evylynch16@...> wrote:

                      > Is'nt Luna great! She's soooo amazing!!! I enjoyed acting as one of my fav characters- I actually have a cat named Luna :)

                      I think it's great that one who has such a connection to the canon HP stories is possibly a fanfic fan such as us.
                      I personally have a hard time writing Luna, since it's so hard to give her words and attitudes that sound and feel right.
                      Luna is an integral person in my current story, and at some point she may or may not end up in a relationship with HP/HG, depending on the decisions they make, which is the main plotline of that story.

                      Now, then. Miss L let's get Brian to finish or rewrite Thoughts of Pudding.(G)

                      now if we can get Miss Lynch to participate in these groups as well as
                      http://www.facebook.com/bonniewrightsbestfriend, and get their input into the characters..

                      Iff Miss Lynch is interested, to see one of my portrayals of Luna, read Ginny's Tale
                      http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4779784/1/Ginnys_Tale

                      TimW

                      Read my stories at:
                      http://www.fanfiction.net/u/851590/