Re: Ask, Gren, and you shall receive.

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2009
      --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, grenouille <grenouille7777@...> wrote:

      > Thanks, just as I was finishing reading a fic, too.

      Half your luck! My alerts have been going crazy lately...

      I'm currently finishing off Mage Harry (now completed) before I start the next 'What If' from Chem Prof (OoTP)

      Then there are also the latest chapters for:

      * Harry Potter's Sixth Year
      * Harry McGonagall
      * HP and the Mudblood Liaison (Can't even remember that one)
      * Chattel
      * Not the only redhead
      * HP & Ice Cream Delights
      * La Blue Wizard
      * Death's Pride
      * Veela Various
      * HP and the Quantum Leap (I want to read it all again, not just the last chapter)
      * Embarrassment & Contraceptives

      I also haven't caught up on a whole bunch of chapters for..

      * 30 Minutes that changed everything
      * Runic Animagi
      * Partners
      * The new secret journal for Auror Captain Harry Potter (still haven't read #5 yet)
      * Rebuilding Life (I'm way behind on that one)
      * Searching for the Power (about 15 chapters unread)
      * More Important Things (now completed)
      * Wizard's Fall (haven't read the latest in the series by Bobmin)
      * HP and the Story by Dad (haven't read any of those for a long time, so will need to read it all again)
      * The Harmony Bond (about 5 chapters unread I think)

      Then there are a couple of recs I want to get to, including

      * HP & the Missing Contract
      * Harry's New Home (around 56 chapters I think)
      * The Man With No Name (Doctor Who/Firefly crossover getting great reviews on Nonjon's group)

      I also wouldn't mind getting back to the Veil of Mystery series, since I thought the first one was quite good.

      I had also start reading The Refiner's Fire again, because I haven't read the last sequel Now and Foever yet. I'm still only near the end of the first story.

      I also started a lengthy Star Wars fanfic called One Path (Obi Wan/Padme) which starts from the Phantom Menace and runs through basically the entire SW-verse from what I can tell. I wouldn't mind getting back to that as Anakin hasn't even turned yet.

      ...and there are a whole bunch more that I've started and put down while others came up.. (eg, Breakfast in New York was ok)

      Oh, and I had a wizard's duel on PFW today as well.. Sadly, I lost as the random factors didn't align in my favour. Still, was all good fun.

      So.. yeah, so many fics, so little time, but I'll add it to the list

      I have no idea how everyone else keeps up.

      Brian64
    • grenouille
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2009
        I hear ya, man. I've got about 2/3 of your list to look forward to, too and a couple of different ones. I just meant that I'd just finished one on my list at that moment. It's crazy how it goes sometimes: noting for a couple of weeks, then a bunch all at once. Plus, I had a short burst of inspiration for Familiar this morning that I had to get down before I forgot it...

        On the subject of TG's new fic: I'd say it's a promising start. A slightly different slant on things, for sure. Good work and I'm looking forward to the rest.

        Now, which one do I read next...?

        Mike

        At 00:12 01-08-09, you wrote:
        Half your luck! My alerts have been going crazy lately...

        I'm currently finishing off Mage Harry (now completed) before I start the next 'What If' from Chem Prof (OoTP)

        Then there are also the latest chapters for:

        If the Notebook Pauses or Runs Sluggishly:
        This may be normal Windows behavior. ~ Compaq Presaio Notebook Computer Reference Manual, Nov 2003

      • Brian
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 2009
          --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, grenouille <grenouille7777@...> wrote:

          > I hear ya, man. I've got about 2/3 of your list to look forward to,
          > too and a couple of different ones. I just meant that I'd just

          <perks up> Oh, which different ones?

          <facepalm> ..Like I need more on the list! :D

          > On the subject of TG's new fic: I'd say it's a promising start. A
          > slightly different slant on things, for sure. Good work and I'm
          > looking forward to the rest.

          I grabbed it since it's only one chapter, so I'll read that now (Jst finished Mage Harry), then I'll get on to the other new short ones like Chem Prof's and the 2 chapters of the Marriage contract thing. Have't cut 'n' pasted contraceptives pt 3 yet, so maybe that'll just have to wait a bit.. still, it is one of Hellishlord's.. <sigh>

          This is probably how Vern's CRS started.. I have the same problem now as I'm spending all my brain cells on keeping track of fics and deciding what to read. :)

          Brian64
        • Dana Harripersad
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 1, 2009
            > > On the subject of TG's new fic: I'd say it's a promising start. A
            > > slightly different slant on things, for sure. Good work and I'm
            > > looking forward to the rest.

            (smirks) Thanks, Mike - I figured if Cargyle could write in teh whole "American Assistance" gig with Denson Magical Academy, I could do the same thing - only my way, by subtly using the best season of another fandom that I could pick. (If ya can't tell teh fandom by now, then that disclaimer's clearly going unread.) :)

            > I grabbed it since it's only one chapter, so I'll read that now (Jst finished Mage Harry), then I'll get on to the other new short ones like Chem Prof's and the 2 chapters of the Marriage contract thing. Have't cut 'n' pasted contraceptives pt 3 yet, so maybe that'll just have to wait a bit.. still, it is one of Hellishlord's.. <sigh>

            Got your Story Alert, Brian - between your presence on that (currently short) list and Seelvor's, to say nothing of Kevin's C2-ing the fic... well, that just puts the "do well" priority on this fic a LITTLE higher.

            > This is probably how Vern's CRS started.. I have the same problem now as I'm spending all my brain cells on keeping track of fics and deciding what to read. :)

            Oi vei... if I'm accelerating that, I apologize, but this 'un should've been up twelve days ago.

            Titanium Gold
          • Vern Trumbly
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 1, 2009
              On 8/1/09, Dana Harripersad <ultramagnus356@...> wrote:

              > > On the subject of TG's new fic: I'd say it's a promising start. A
              > > slightly different slant on things, for sure. Good work and I'm
              > > looking forward to the rest.

              (smirks) Thanks, Mike - I figured if Cargyle could write in teh whole "American Assistance" gig with Denson Magical Academy, I could do the same thing - only my way, by subtly using the best season of another fandom that I could pick. (If ya can't tell teh fandom by now, then that disclaimer's clearly going unread.) :)

              > I grabbed it since it's only one chapter, so I'll read that now (Jst finished Mage Harry), then I'll get on to the other new short ones like Chem Prof's and the 2 chapters of the Marriage contract thing. Have't cut 'n' pasted contraceptives pt 3 yet, so maybe that'll just have to wait a bit.. still, it is one of Hellishlord's.. <sigh>

              Got your Story Alert, Brian - between your presence on that (currently short) list and Seelvor's, to say nothing of Kevin's C2-ing the fic... well, that just puts the "do well" priority on this fic a LITTLE higher.

              > This is probably how Vern's CRS started.. I have the same problem now as I'm spending all my brain cells on keeping track of fics and deciding what to read. :)

              Oi vei... if I'm accelerating that, I apologize, but this 'un should've been up twelve days ago.

              Titanium Gold

              CRS? Moi? Erm, just because I have to go back and read stories when it takes more than a week between updates? Meh, forget I said anything. Good start on that one, btw, TG. I like where it seems to be going.

              Vern, aka Herman Tumbleweed
              Everything is a matter of opinion.
            • Dana Harripersad
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 1, 2009
                > CRS? Moi? Erm, just because I have to go back and read stories when it takes more than a week between updates? Meh, forget I said anything. Good start on that one, btw, TG. I like where it seems to be going.

                Nice, V, real nice. :P
                Thanks for the props, too - hopefully this one doesn't run away on me like my first project did. Didn't get any bookmark alerts of any sort with your name attached, so I've got to presume that you're either tracking it through Yahoo groups or just read it on a whim. (shrugs) Eh - isn't too big a deal.

                Titanium Gold
              • Vern Trumbly
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 1, 2009
                  I have you on author alert.

                  Vern

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 1, 2009
                    --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, Vern Trumbly <vertru@...> wrote:

                    > I have you on author alert.

                    Eh? Where... oh, THAT list... heh... well, now I feel like an idiot. (insert sheepish grin here)