Re: [Thoughts_of_Pudding] Teaser for a new story - Stranger Than Fanfiction

  • Red Jacobson
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 12, 2009
      Okay this looks like it has the potential for all kinds of fun!  I hope you decide to continue it; if, for no other reason than to tell Harry to avoid the Department of Mysteries and to use the mirror to contact Sirius.

      red

    • Skip
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 12, 2009
        Interesting...I think you should continue this.  If for nothing else than to prevent any abomination that might be possibly called Albus Severus.  He names his son after the 2 biggest tormentors in his life?  That should have told everyone he needed to be in the Long term care ward in St. Mungos.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 12, 2009
          I was thinking, if this guy is around Harry's age, then maybe you could have him blown away by Hermione a bit. Say something like the descriptions in the books don't do her justice. Maybe open Harry's eyes to the fact that she is girlfriend material and not just a brain to pick every now and then.

          --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <bjdibbins@...> wrote:

          > Hey everyone,
          >
          > While I'm stuck on how to get through ToP without it turning into cliche hell, I had a plot bunny attack me. This is still mostly a draft so you're welcome to pick up any typos and the like, but let me know what you think. Is it worth continuing?
          >
          > Oh, and Adelaide, Australia's time zone is GMT +9.5 (+10.5 during daylight savings)
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Brian

        • grenouille
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 12, 2009
            Keep it going. This is a seldom used approach (I can only think of one or two, offhand) and you have a very unique perspective on it. I think this could be lots of fun.

            Mike

            At 03:49 PM 6/12/2009, you wrote:

            Hey everyone,

            While I'm stuck on how to get through ToP without it turning into cliche hell, I had a plot bunny attack me. This is still mostly a draft so you're welcome to pick up any typos and the like, but let me know what you think. Is it worth continuing?

            Oh, and Adelaide, Australia's time zone is GMT +9.5 (+10.5 during daylight savings)

            Cheers,

            Brian

            Stranger Than Fanfiction
            By: Brian64

            Warnings: swearing, canon plot spoilers for OoTP

            The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.  ~Terry Pratchett

          • dougde
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 13, 2009
              I know how writer's block can affect you me to an extreme, but your solution is a godsend for us who hate #6&7!

              Please finish this chapter and publish and give the Reading masses a better chance for as greater Books 5,6,& 7!

              dennisud