Re: Erotic Comedy Questions

  • J B
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2 2:40 AM
      Personally, I think it'll be hilarious. Basically having Loki pop up and grant powers on everyone and just sitting back to watch the Chaos. Hell I'd be up for that.

      The Ginny bit, eehhh. I'm just not a fan of Gin Gin. If you can make her funny and a good character. I think she'd be ok for flirting with the alter egos' and I think it would be funny that she continually gets shot down. And/Or look down on the Trio with disdain, saying that the vigilantes are much more interesting and sexy than they are. Even though they are the same people
    • third_realm_guardian
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2 12:17 PM
        --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "J B" <gphoenix51@...> wrote:

        > Basically having Loki pop up and grant powers on everyone and just sitting back to watch the Chaos. Hell I'd be up for that.

        Hidy hidy,

        *Eyes grow large, round and glassy* Oh sweet Merlin's balls! I hadn't even considered Loki! But yea, that's about right. Only, he isn't so much for tricks, as he wants to be amused. Slyvarant will have drifted, alone and with nothing to play with, for roughly seven thousand years.

        Ginny will be good in this, maybe because I'm going to be so mean to her in two other fics. One, she redeems herself and it's not SO bad, the other, it's pretty bad. So, I want something where she's good, nice, respectable (mostly.) however you wanna say it. Maybe she could be a villain only in the sense of trying to figure out who the vigilantes are. I know she won't be mean or cruel or even potion-happy with the trio. She'll be very good friends with them (I hope to have lots of times where she suspects them and something funny happens to save the day from being found out or something.)

        I honestly don't have anything against Ginny, but dislike her when it comes to besting Hermione with Harry. Since that is never a problem in what I write, I just use her for a plot device, good or bad, slutty or honest, it doesn't matter. In this, she's honest, good, not a slut and honestly cares for Harry. Not the Boy-Who-Lived. At least not by the time the story starts.

        But, since I'm gonna write it, I figured I may as well write something certain people will enjoy and, since this is the only community I'm a part of (actively,) then it may as well be you guys. I'll be writing it because it seems like fun, but no point in doing a little more, yes?

        Adieu,

        Kevin,
        Paladeus
      • Tom
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2 8:42 PM
          --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "third_realm_guardian" <third_realm_guardian@...> wrote:

          > Hidy hidy,

          Yo dude!

          > Slyvarant will also give them the ability to morph into neko's, or half cat and
          > half human. They'll be exactly the same, but have cat ears and tails, gain
          > speed, strength, better senses, whiskers and the like.

          Well, I don't have a problem with the cat bit, but calling them "nekos" kind of irks me. Why? Well, to me the Potterverse is English, and "nekos" scream "otaku". I've spent enough time in the anime world to come to an opinion that the Potter universe generally doesn't mix well with Japanese influences (pet peeve: giving Harry a katana. Why? What's wrong with a Claymore, a Falchion or a Long Sword?). I would call them 'lycanthropes', 'werecats', 'cat people' or even 'Harry and the Pussycats'.

          One thing you'll have to do is deal with the anti-werewolf laws. I can see Umbridge and whoever trying to pass anti-cat laws because of this.

          > My plan is to let it be a lot like Harry Potter meets the Justice League and the
          > League of Villains. Toss in a little cat-girl action, some evil dialogue,

          Don't forget the evil laugh and outlandish plans. (Er, catnip maybe?)

          > pinch of kink and let it develop as it does. I've a few plans, and may have an
          > OC who chases Ginny like that cartoon skunk who always chases the cat... P�p� l�
          > P�u or something like that. Either that, or she may strike out on her own, go
          > for something sexy and continuously have to fend off the baddies trying to grope
          > her. Nothing bad will happen, of course. Only minions will have the fear of
          > rape. Like Pettigrew... In his rat animagus form... And Lucius' gerbil form...
          > Maybe with Draco's ferret one... I haven't decided how bad they're gonna get it,
          > yet...

          Since you're heading down the sex comedy route... What if Narcissa doesn't know about Lucius' form and thinks there's a mouse in the house? Or maybe she starts stocking up on duct tape.

          > So, all in all, I'm curious; do you guys wanna see what I get when I write them
          > and upload them here (I won't be posting them on FF.net or elsewhere for some
          > time.)

          Utter silliness. Complete mayhem.

          Cats shed, right? Hairballs? (Ohh, I see a potential pernicious pun there!)

          I remember watching some TV show where male lions would spray trees and whatnot marking territory.

          Would you rather let Ginny be a part of it on a relationship/sexual
          > basis with H/Hr/L? Or will she be in a relationship (be it flirty, sexual or
          > other) with their vigilante alter ego's? I'm still coming up with codenames and
          > a group name and debating on if I should add Ginny. I think she can be a lot of
          > fun, but dunno about adding her to it on a relationship basis. I'm fond of
          > H/Hr/L and dislike lots of girls in most cases, but can think of a lot of fun
          > things to do and bring up.

          Skanky Ginny? Or better yet, go the other way and make her Prude Ginny, who is constantly being recruited by Luna to make it a foursome?

          Somewhere along the line you need to bring in Tonks. A metamorph with a dirty sense of humor would fit nicely in this. Maybe she a "priestess" of Slyvarant or something. Maybe she's the "Alfred" to Harry's "Batman" while Ginny is the "Aunt Harriet".

          > They WOULD be naughty and explicit. Think "Harry Potter and the Sword of
          > Gryffindor" meets "Who's a Hero?". I think by CloneSerpents and Rorschach's
          > Blot, respectively. Emphasis on think. o.O'
          >
          > Pairings: Harry/Hermione/Luna, James/Lily, Neville/Susan Bones,
          > Twins/Katie/Alicia (foursome,) Pairings for the baddies are up in the air,
          > meaning they could be made to do anything based on the circumstances

          Personally I think the bad guys should constantly FAIL. I mean, if they got any, then (gasp) one of their plans might actually work!

          > Harry, Hermione and Luna are mostly the only ones who would have things
          > described explicitly, but the others may be mentioned.
          >
          > Paladeus,
          > Kevin

          I can see how this idea can derail other thought processes.

          Good luck!
        • third_realm_guardian
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3 7:05 PM
            Hidy hidy,

            I plan on Harry and whatever girls end up with him taking on the Ministry and changing laws. And, they're vigilantes, so it doesn't matter what laws are there. They will circumvent them anyway. Guerrilla tactics against death eaters, kicking the standard baddies' butts, they'll be going after Umbridge pretty early on, so she won't be a threat.

            I used 'neko' because it's what I'm used to and I'm not sure how else I can call them things, yet. I could run with "Thundercats" again ... maybe Ginny could be their Snork, or whatever that weird little thing was that seemed like their pet, I dunno.

            Ginny, I'm thinking, is going to actively pursue Harry and try to get into the harem, but hate the masked, Vigilante!Harry, but while Normal Harry is normally hesitant to do anything and gets spooked when she tries, Vigilante!Harry will actively hug, kiss, pinch her butt and try to talk her into doing some naughty stuff while Ginny tries to stay away from him. I'm thinking of giving all three (H/Hr/L) metamorph abilities but, when they are in their half-cat forms, their libido is sky high (a running bit of amusement by Slyvarant.) Harry will have a constant need to touch his girls and ends up doing this to Ginny after accidentally 'marking' her with scent glands (nothing like peeing on her) like he had with the other girls.

            Regardless of everything, Ginny won't be skanky or slutty. She's going to be a good person and friends with Harry, Hermione and Luna. Well, Harry at least. The other two are going to take every chance they can to show every girl in school that he's taken. I haven't decided if they let Ginny touch, but not more, or if they do something else or what. I'm debating them putting her through some hoops before they allow her into the group. There's just so much I can do with her.

            Tonks wouldn't be a part of it, though she could certainly be contracted by the Ministry to try. There could be some fun in that one.

            I am SO using catnip! I'm also using it in "Death's Pride". I'm thinking of giving a living plant of it to McGonagall for Christmas from Harry. ^_^

            Adieu,

            Kevin,
            Paladeus
          • Brian
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 4 2:08 PM
              --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "third_realm_guardian" <third_realm_guardian@...> wrote:

              > I used 'neko' because it's what I'm used to and I'm not sure how else I can call them things, yet. I could run with "Thundercats" again ... maybe Ginny could be their Snork, or whatever that weird little thing was that seemed like their pet, I dunno.

              Hey Kevin,

              I'd recommend Googling "Ailuranthrope" for some useful ideas, as well as "therianthrope" for other human beast transformations. I would also recommend looking up "Cynanthropy" as I think this as some fantastic possibilities for one of your villians. The links to the wiki entries are below. Enjoy! :)

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ailuranthrope
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynanthropy
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therianthrope

              I'm with Tom on this one. Neko means absolutely nothing to a Harry Potter reader (like me), so unless you are deliberately writing a crossover with wherever Neko comes from, it isn't a good idea to use that word.

              Cheers,

              Brian
            • third_realm_guardian
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 4 3:15 PM
                Hidy hidy,

                Thankies for the links and ideas. I'll be looking at them as soon as I've finished this.

                Neko is a term I'm familiar with, but I won't use it in the story. It's a Japanese term for human/cat hybrids. Basically, they'll be identical to their human selves, but get an additional set of ears on top of their head for the cat ears, a tail, slitted pupils and whiskers. I'm toying with the notion of accidental metamorphic abilities so they can take it further or not.

                I've got several ideas for the first couple of chapters, but have to make a decision on some stuff before I can commit to writing it.

                I just wish I had CloneSerpents' ability for humor

                Kevin