Re: You know you've been reading too much Harry Potter when...

  • tterevelytnom
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4, 2009
      One of your friends points out how Sirius hates his mother, his
      initials are S.O.B. and his animagus form is a dog, and you just stare
      blankly at them.

      Come one, that's funny!
    • Tim Williams
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 8, 2009
        --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <bjdibbins@...> wrote:

        > You know you've been reading too much Harry Potter when...

        you imaging flying in your car OVER the traffic jam

        you wish for a time turner to fix.. or
        you wish for a time turner to buy the lotto numbers..
      • Vern Trumbly
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 8, 2009
          On 2/8/09, Tim Williams <twilliams1797@...> wrote:

          --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <bjdibbins@...> wrote:

          > You know you've been reading too much Harry Potter when...

          you imaging flying in your car OVER the traffic jam

          you wish for a time turner to fix.. or
          you wish for a time turner to buy the lotto numbers..

          You know you've read too much fanfiction when...
          ...Hedwig starts becoming closer to you than your own pets... and has a better personality than most of the people you know.

          ...You start writing stories where Harry changes into an owl, or vice versa... or you find those to be some of your favorites.

          <sticks toungue out at Mike T., ducks and runs>

          --
          Vern, aka Herman Tumbleweed

          Once you can honestly say, "I don't know", then it becomes possible to get at the truth. - Robert Heinlein
        • Alan
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 9, 2009
            --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Williams"
            <twilliams1797@...> wrote:

            > --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <bjdibbins@> wrote:
            > >
            > > You know you've been reading too much Harry Potter when...
            >
            > you imaging flying in your car OVER the traffic jam

            --snip--

            Nah. I first indulged myself in that fantasy *decades* before Harry
            Potter was even thought of.
            "Indulged myself"? Nay! At times it has been a most sheerly desperate
            mental plaint! --sigh--

            Alan
          • Tommy King
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 9, 2009
              You know you've been reading too much Harry Potter when.........

              You know how bad 1960's British Fords were but you think it'd be cool to own a powder blue Anglia

              Tommy

              British by birth, Scottish by the Grace of God

              > > You know you've been reading too much Harry Potter when...
              >
              > you imaging flying in your car OVER the traffic jam

              --snip--

              Nah. I first indulged myself in that fantasy *decades* before Harry
              Potter was even thought of.
              "Indulged myself"? Nay! At times it has been a most sheerly desperate
              mental plaint! --sigh--

              Alan

            • Brian
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 9, 2009
                You know you've been reading too much Harry Potter when...

                ...you reach for chocolate instead of a jacket when you realise that
                you're really cold.
              • popper03244
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 9, 2009
                  wrote:

                  > You know you've been reading too much Harry Potter when...
                  >
                  > ...you reach for chocolate instead of a jacket when you realise that
                  > you're really cold.

                  When you mistakingly refer to a Goverment Offical as a Ministry Offical