RE: New groups layout

  • dennisud2015
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15, 2013

      Is there some sort of add on for other browsers like Google Chrome or Safari?

      --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, <thoughts_of_pudding@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I was rather disappointed to find that the new Yahoo Groups layout had rolled on to this site. Apart from it hiding the groups cover pic with some chinese dragon, I couldn't find a way to have the links and files options show at the same time. Yahoo seems to think having 'events' is much more important - even if there aren't any...

      Frankly I found the old layout much easier to use. I guess that's the problem with renting isn't it? The landlord decides it's time to repaint, and too bad if you don't like the new colours.

      Fortunately there is an addon for Firefox that lets you view groups in the old layout. Just search for: anti neo firefox plugin for Yahoo Groups, or go straight here if you're more trusting... http://es-forum.com/Anti-quot-Neo-quot-Firefox-plugin-for-YahooGroups-td4026578.html

      I'm using it now, and it's working just fine so far.

      Cheers,

      Brian

      PS, if anyone manages to capture a yahoo programmer in the wild, please set up a webcam so we can all enjoy the torture along with you. :)
    • Brian64
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 15, 2013
        Hi Dennis,

        I'm not aware of any other plugins, but then I haven't really spent any time looking for alternatives.

        Even this plugin can only do so much. For example, when I clicked reply to your message, I only got a blank screen without and of the previous 'conversation' quoted.

        If you find anything in your searching, remember to paste the bounty here. :)

        Cheers,