Weird characters in filenames

  • Brian64
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2012
      Hi all,

      It occurs to me that some of you may have some problems with a couple of files that use the extended character set for the Swedish words.

      I know I did.

      The problem may be resolved by adjusting the Encoding options in your browser. You can find them in the View menu if using Internet Explorer 8 (which I am).

      Try selecting Unicode (UTF-8) if they aren't being displayed properly, or if you get a 'file not found' error. Of course, Yahoo can display that problem if you try and download *any* file after a filelist has been displayed for more than about 15 minutes without refreshing the page.

      If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Worst case scenario I can always email you the files with different filenames to avoid the issue entirely.