Re: First 14 revised and beta edited chapters of Thoughts of Pudding uploaded

  • NuitTombee
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 7, 2012
      Would you want them in the Same folder as the .doc and .zip of the new files?

      -James

      --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "Brian64" <bjdibbins@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > If anyone feels like uploading html versions, then feel free to do so in the appropriate folder. I will get around to it myself at some stage, but I still have some revising to do.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Brian

    • Brian64
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 7, 2012
        Good question!

        Short answer.. kinda, yes.

        Just give me a second and I'll create a sub-folder in there called HTML versions or something similar. They can go in there

        Cheers,

        Brian

        --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "NuitTombee" <nuittombee@...> wrote:

        > Would you want them in the Same folder as the .doc and .zip of the new files?
        >
        > -James
        >

        > --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "Brian64" <bjdibbins@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi all,
        > >
        > > If anyone feels like uploading html versions, then feel free to do so in the appropriate folder. I will get around to it myself at some stage, but I still have some revising to do.
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > >
        > > Brian

      • NuitTombee
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 8, 2012
          Uploaded.

          -James

          --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "Brian64" <bjdibbins@...> wrote:

          > Good question!
          >
          > Short answer.. kinda, yes.
          >
          > Just give me a second and I'll create a sub-folder in there called HTML versions or something similar. They can go in there
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Brian
        • Brian64
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 8, 2012
            Awesome. Thank you.

            Brian

            --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "NuitTombee" <nuittombee@...> wrote:

            > Uploaded.
            >
            > -James
          • Tommy King
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 8, 2012
              There is a free add on for older versions of Word that lets you read the newer versions

              Tommy

              British by birth, Scottish by the grace of God
              www.stopthetraffik.org

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 8, 2012
                Good point, Tommy. I've actually got Microsoft's file format converters installed on some of the computers at work for those times when we needed them before upgrading.

                This looks like the link needed if anyone has any problems, but you may be better off just searching for 'microsoft word file format converters' yourself. The MS site has a habit of detecting your operating system, etc, and offering an appropriate file. As they say, YMMV...

                http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=3

                Hopefully of course all of the files will be okay and this won't be needed.. Still, better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

                Cheers,

                Brian

                --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, Tommy King <tumshie1960@...> wrote:

                > There is a free add on for older versions of Word that lets you read the newer versions
              • Ralph S.
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 8, 2012
                  On 1/8/2012 11:21 AM, Brian64 wrote:
                  > Good point, Tommy. I've actually got Microsoft's file format converters installed on some of the computers at work for those times when we needed them before upgrading.

                  Failing that, it looks like the HTML files work fine, too. Sure
                  Word-generated HTML is crap but better that than nothing, right? ;o)
                • Alan
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 8, 2012
                    --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "Brian64" <bjdibbins@...> wrote:

                    > Hi all,
                    >
                    > For those of you that only receive special notices, you may not have seen the announcement that I've uploaded the first 14 revised chapters of Thoughts of Pudding.

                    > Don't forget to thank Alix33 for her part in motivating me to get back into writing this fic.. (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/699487/alix33)

                    Thanks Alix33
                  • James Lyon
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 8, 2012