Thoughts of Pudding being reworked... finally!

  • Brian64
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2012
      Hi all,

      It occurred to me that I've mentioned this in passing on a couple of other groups, but hadn't made any announcement here yet.

      For the last few days I've been reworking the current chapters of Thoughts of Pudding, and have also found a new beta who has agreed to help with the editing.

      I'm currently halfway through chapter 14, and I've been sending them off to Alix33 as I go.

      What you can expect: I'm cleaning up a lot of the typos and admittedly poor dialogue punctuation, and doing various other tidying-up that the story needed. I've also put some work into clearing up some of the minor plot issues that cropped up, and doing a better job of clarifying some other points.

      What you won't see: So far there aren't any real additions to the story, so chances are you won't really notice the changes. Still, I haven't finished reworking the story yet so.. who knows?

      As I've promised before, posting will be in this group first, followed not long after by updates on FF.net and Ficwad. I think there's a copy of the story on Red's group, so I'll update that one as well. There is no need to raid the files here yet though. I'll let you know when the updates are posted.

      For those of you that want a copy of the original story before any editing occurred, I suggest you get it from ff.net soon. My intention is to replace the existing chapters rather than post the updated version as a new story.

      If anyone else would like to do some beta editing, then you're welcome to email me about it.

      For those of you that are still interested in Thoughts of Pudding, thanks for hanging in there, and I hope to have some new chapters as well as these reworked ones ready for you before too long.

      Cheers,

      Brian
    • Alan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2012
        --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "Brian64" <bjdibbins@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >

        > For those of you that are still interested in Thoughts of Pudding, thanks for hanging in there, and I hope to have some new chapters as well as these reworked ones ready for you before too long.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Brian

        YAY!!!!
      • ralph_sch
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 7, 2012
          --- In Thoughts_of_Pudding@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <anwilliams@...> wrote:

          > YAY!!!!

          *points at Alan* What he said. :o)

          Thing is, I don't like pointing out the obvious. But I'm going to make an exception just for you, Brian:

          Yes, of course we're still interested! If nothing else, I want to know how you're going to resolve it all... and just for the fun of it:

          "Yay! Pudding! For me?"
          Harry and Hermione smiled at each other. "Of course."
          Luna sat down happily and picked up a spoon, then hesitated. "So... am I forgiven?" she asked quietly.

          Feeling a gentle touch on both her shoulders, she raised her eyes to meet Harry's warm green eyes and Hermione's soft hazel ones.

          Harry tilted his head. "Under one condition, Miss Lovegood."
          Luna gulped.
          Hermione squeezed her shoulder. "You promise to never leave us again."

          ~~~ THE END ~~~