1262Spam & account hacking

  • Brian64
    Oct 17, 2012
      Hi guys,

      Just to head off any possible posts about spam, I'll just mention that all new accounts in this group start off moderated, and revert to unmoderated after the person's first normal post.

      While that prevents nearly all spam posts on this group, we are all still at risk of having our accounts hacked. I had my own hit a few months back (which I'm blaming on an android app).

      Anyway, I've placed the recent victim back on moderated status for now to give him a chance to sort his account out. It isn't as though there are any active conversations occurring at present anyway, so it won't matter if it takes a few hours for me to get home from work and approve any pending messages.

      Cheers,

      Brian