Re: Welcome to the Third Reich On Film group

  • Fitzcallan
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2008
      Hi Jackie, Welcome to the film era of the Third Reich.. Guess everything
      from here on is in black and white ; ) (as life should be LOL)
      (oooppppppsssssss don't let the 'NWO PC-Stasi' read that one as they
      would twist it to make it sound the complete opposite..)

      Well its good to have it up and running (forum) as there are many more
      collectors and enthusiasts out there regarding German made movies during
      the Third Reich. These of course for the most part never screened on
      English speaking language television. From time to time I will certainly
      invite people whom I feel might be interested.

      This evening I just transferred the Leni Riefenstahl documentary film
      coverage of the 1936 Olympic games from VHS to DVD. Brilliant!!! Do you
      have this ? The one I managed to get is part 2..

      If your busy I understand as I myself and very much distracted even when
      I get on the net..

      Dont forget to upload any worthwhile photos if you have them sitting in
      your computer.. whats your thoughts about front appearance? new photo
      added.. should I change the colours?

      Fritz..

      jackiduke@... wrote:
      > Hallo Fritz!
      >
      > Nice start to what will be an educational and informative group! :)
      > Joint owner is fine, or moderator if you prefer, either is gut mit mir.
      >
      > I'm working a lot this month, but will work on this when I can.
      > (I promise!)
      >
      > The only vendor I know is Empire Video.
      > Once we see how membership grows, maybe I/you/we should send him an invite?
      >
      > Thoughts?
      >
      > Viele Liebe Grüße,
      > Jackie

    • Fitzcallan
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2008
        Whats the correct address for their webseite ??

        Fritz
      • jackiduke@w-link.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2008
          Hallo Fritz,

          I don't think he has a website. If he does, I don't know about it.
          He used to sell on eBay, that's how I found him.
          I can write to him and ask.

          Let me know,
          Jackie

          P.S. I'll go through my photos, and see if I have anything worthwhile to
          add. Great colour scheme BTW!! :)
          My font choice would be the old gothic German style used during the Reich,
          but that's just me. ;)
          Bis bald mein Freund!

          > Whats the correct address for their webseite ??
          >
          > Fritz

        • Fitzcallan
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2008
            Do you know the HTML code for that? I would love the old style writing
            also..

            Muss mal sehen!!

          • jackiduke@w-link.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2008
              Fritz,
              I know nothing about HTML code, but asked our keyboardist...she did our
              band website, and there's a page there with that font. If anyone would
              know, it'd be her. I'll let you know once I find out.

              ~J~

              > Do you know the HTML code for that? I would love the old style writing
              > also..
              >
              > Muss mal sehen!!
              >
              > jackiduke@... wrote:
              >>
              >> Hallo Fritz,
              >>
              >> I don't think he has a website. If he does, I don't know about it.
              >> He used to sell on eBay, that's how I found him.
              >> I can write to him and ask.
              >>
              >> Let me know,
              >> Jackie
              >>
              >> P.S. I'll go through my photos, and see if I have anything worthwhile to
              >> add. Great colour scheme BTW!! :)
              >> My font choice would be the old gothic German style used during the
              >> Reich,
              >> but that's just me. ;)
              >> Bis bald mein Freund!
              >>
              >> > Whats the correct address for their webseite ??
              >> >
              >> > Fritz

            • Fitzcallan
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 2, 2008

                (This is a recently made movie and not from the Third Reich era itself but very much worth a look).

                A kind of rare WW2 movie that is available now on DVD and shows the war from the viewpoint of the German side as opposed to the always typically so usual Allied 'propaganda styled' films that are still being churned out of Hollywood.

                Life seen through the eyes of a doomed German and Italian unit late in WWII.

                Northern Italy late 1944. A German Army lieutenant waits for Italian reinforcements. The reinforcements finally arrive, but they are in worse shape than the Germans they are supposed to support. Cooperation between the German and Italian Officer breaks down and the men start to fight amongst themselves. Weary from Allied bombardment and Italian partisans attacking from the woods, the German and Italian Lieutenants have to find a way to work things out, before the enemy does it for them. Filmed on a very low budget this movie proceeds Clint Eastwood's "Letters from Iwo Jima", by looking at the enemy's point of view and showing a war from two sides.

                See the Allied POV in Taub's other film "The Fallen."

                Link to order this movie and see a trailer preview is here:

                http://www.indieflix.com/FilmDetail.aspx?tid=7741&name=Letters%20from%20the%20Dead