Re: Movie question (THE FALLEN)

  • Fitzcallan
    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 5, 2008
      Hi Jackie,

      Why on earth did YouTube pull that video clip for ?? 3 soldiers of the Wehrmacht fighting a whole platoon of US Army soldiers in a pointless last stand is hardly claiming any nazi victory.. YouTube are so damn ProJudisches wie immer..

      The movie is called THE FALLEN or (letters from the dead in another release)..

      It is available from
      http://www.amazon.com/Fallen-Thomas-Pohn/dp/B000EBGFQS/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_i

      Reviewed on
      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382721/usercomments

      Well worth getting for the collection as its very different and refreshing in being realistic

      As this is a movie question I thought the best place to have it obviously is on the ThirdReichOnFilm forum of course ; )

      The movie was made using low key actors and military reenactors in the States a few years back and was also released on small time distribution. I bought the movie on dvd as i just collect all kinds of WW2 war films including the too much to often garbage propaganda from Hollywood..

      Anyway hope this helps

      Fritz

      Jacqueline Wilson wrote:
      Hallo Fritz!

      A while back you posted a youtube link to a German (I think) movie, and I saved the E-mail to go back at a later date (now) and investigate further,
      only to find that the video had been pulled due to 'use violations'.

      It was a clip that showed three Kameraden at a machine gun, awaiting the final assault by the Ami's.
      One man shared his last cigarettes with the other two.  The man in the middle, manning the machine gun was
      an officer, in between two enlisted (?) men.

      Anyway, the Americans eventully come into the picture, a gun battle ensues, and of course the Germans all get killed, but not before
      taking a substantial number of the invaders with them.

      Do you know what movie that was?
      And if so, is it worth watching?

      Liebe Grüße,

      Jackie

    • Fitzcallan
      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 5, 2008
        Actually.. while on the subject of people interested in WW2 and the actual truth and interested in realistic films of the time period, Its good news to have Glocke join us from the Ewige-Kameraden forum.. I asked him to join us and he is now onboard..

        This is only a new kind of forum and kind of quiet but myself and Jackie do like to post here if any good films come up to do with the Third Reich either authentic time period or Realistic movies portraying the actual truth regarding events..

        Anyway mate good to have you here and I look forward as always to your contributions

        Kopf Hoch

        Fritz

      • Jacqueline Wilson
        Message 3 of 24 , Oct 13, 2008
          Hallo again Fritz!
          (I told you I'd get caught up on E-mail eventually!)
          :)

          Anyway, I think youtube pulled that because it was copyrighted material.
          At least, that's what my friend told me.  I dunno.

          Thanks for the information and links on 'The Fallen'.
          I just ordered my copy from Amazon!

          I'd looked at it before, but disregarded it due to poor reviews.
          I trust your recommendations though!  :)

          Viele Grüße,

          Jacqueline Wilson wrote:

          Hallo Fritz!

          A while back you posted a youtube link to a German (I think) movie, and I saved the E-mail to go back at a later date (now) and investigate further,
          only to find that the video had been pulled due to 'use violations'.

          It was a clip that showed three Kameraden at a machine gun, awaiting the final assault by the Ami's.
          One man shared his last cigarettes with the other two.  The man in the middle, manning the machine gun was
          an officer, in between two enlisted (?) men.

          Anyway, the Americans eventully come into the picture, a gun battle ensues, and of course the Germans all get killed, but not before
          taking a substantial number of the invaders with them.

          Do you know what movie that was?
          And if so, is it worth watching?

          Liebe Grüße,

          Jackie

          Checked by AVG.
        • Fitzcallan
          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 13, 2008
            Dear Jackie, Glocke..

            I am under serious fire from my wife just now...

            She is verbally attacking me big time accusing me of being a Neo and she has been quite cruel in her brainwashed wording of it.. The Camps etc etc.. She tells me I am obsessed and live in another world..

              I have had a long hard look at my feelings and I am definately a "Third Reicher".. I fall short of =Nazi as many of the Purist beliefs are just not logical to me and I am a Realist like I know both of you are also.. I have borrowed from you both without you realising it and you are Both Americans in this lifetime.. And it throws me knowing it was a US Paratrooper who killed me in my last life.. I guess pointers are everywhere considering forgiveness and T-R Kameraden who came back into the very nation of our former enemy whom chose war upon us back then.. We were all Germans back then but you chose to come back as Americans.. You then become my closest friends online and the only people whom I can at this time relate to and be honest with..

            I know this should be on the E-K forum but this is for you both only.. There are to many loose cannons on E-K for me to express myself this way..

            Message 5 of 24 , Oct 13, 2008
              So sorry to hear that Fritz!
              My partner puts up with my TR leanings as well,
              (Swastika brickwork in the floor of my shed, etc.)
              and looks the other way.  But if my true love for
              the Fatherland and Germania as it was meant to be
              were known, I'd be single again in a heartbeat.
              Ah.....the things we hide from others so's not to offend!

              Kopf hoch Fritz!  I know you're going through a difficult
              time, but know that I'm always here if you need to talk.
              I'm finally caught up on E-mail, so should be able to answer
              rather quickly.

              It's a pity that your wife is unable to differentiate between
              Neos, and what we stood for during the Reich.
              (My partner doesn't see the difference either. So goes
              the results of brainwashing from birth with the 'Germans
              were evil' propaganda!)

              Dein treue Kameradin,
              Jackie

              Message 6 of 24 , Oct 14, 2008
                im sorry to hear about the problems with the missus fritz, i have to agree with jackie that if my wife knew how i really felt, there would definately be problems in our relationship...she is the 'typical' american, a good person, but shallow, and superficial, and is only slightly curious as to why, when gaming, i ALWAYS play the germans... always against the soviets...ALWAYS ( after watching zeitgeist with me, she said hmmm, that was odd... anyway, there is a BIG sale tomorrow at ... blah blah blah ) some people get it, some do not.
                 maybe jackie and i came back as americans, because we were not 'killed' by them?? maybe you chose Ireland because it was neutral, but still western. i dont think any of us would have chosen to come back as russian.. at least not ME! aaaack! good god NO! i think i wanted to get as far away from the verdammt east as possible, preferrably across an ocean.. and here we are.
                 if you really are not a neo, tell her so. if she doesnt believe you, ask her to prove you wrong. i dont think you are, i dont think any of us are! ive known some 'skinheads' and most are reptillian minded THUGS, i think you would have to loose alot of depth, compassion, and quite a few IQ points to be wearing doc martens, and breaking heads. maybe compare yourself to them.. and see if she can spot the difference. id think if she loves you, she should try to understand.. crap i cant play counselor!! ive had more screwed up relationships than most!!=2 0
                 kopf HOCH kamerad! -glocke

                Jacqueline Wilson wrote:
                Hallo Fritz!

                A while back you posted a youtube link to a German (I think) movie, and I saved the E-mail to go back at a later date (now) and investigate further,
                only to find that the video had been pulled due to 'use violations'.

                It was a20clip that showed three Kameraden at a machine gun, awaiting the final assault by the Ami's.

                Message 7 of 24 , Oct 14, 2008
                  Just in case you have not seen this.

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrDYpX0osuQ&feature=related

                  Imagine if this were shown in a cinema ; )

                  Jackie you will love the 109's in action.. Glocke there is a bit of the end of Kameraden walking in full combat uniform probably on the eastern front.. Although we never knew of each other back then I can see it as us walking side by side as if in some kind of dreamstate..

                  Also Thank You both for your kind replies and I appreciate every word from you both.. We all have relationship battles of course and this evening my wife actually apologised.. she said she knows I am fighting my inner demons ???????????  (Demons) but that she still loves me no matter what.. She just wanted to have a Spat and get things off her chest..

                  Interesting about the Swastika imprints Jackie.. im not really a Happy Cross man meself and much prefer the Iron Cross and am still considering having one tattooed on my upper arm as my sworn oath to defend the real Germany where it can be done. I am an absolute Lover of the Kaiserreich as well as the Thord Reich.. The Iron Cross was instated in 1813 and is a True Symbol of Deutschland and still used by the Bundeswehr despite the BRD Puppet Government today..

                  DANKE EUCH BEIDEN

                  TREU UND KAMERADEN

                  Fritz..
                  ps- Glocke which gaming are you on about regarding fighting against the Bolsheviks.. ? I cannot play these games unless I play as Axis only and even then German Only.. It is actually a sickening feeling to even consider the Allies and its only Gaming!!
                  pps- Jackie.. will share an HE111 bomber with you anytime if you fly online WarBirds..
                • Jacqueline Wilson
                  Message 8 of 24 , Oct 14, 2008
                    Hallo Fritz!

                    Thanks for the post.  It was good to watch that again.

                    Glad to hear that you and you wife are getting along better today! :)
                    My partner and I have not had a spat yet, (knocking on wood) but
                    when we do, it's good to know that I've got a couple Kameraden
                    out there to commiserate with.

                    Good point about the Hakenkreuz.  I'm only attracted to it, as it was
                    the programs and economic revival that it brought, that made it possible
                    for my family to have dignity through gainful employmet again, and it
                    also opened the door for me to have the opportunity to learn to fly.

                    Speaking of which, now that I have a high-speed cable connection,
                    I'll have to look into the 'Warbirds' game.  More on that later.

                    Kopf Hoch Fritz!
                    Jackie

                    Message 9 of 24 , Oct 14, 2008
                      Hallo Jackie,

                      Spats are part of loving.. Its coming whenever ; )

                      As for WarBirds Online.. I remember it is possible for different
                      people around the world to Crew a Bomber together on a mission. One as
                      Pilot(s) Gunners, Bomb Marksman etc etc.. Can even talk to each other
                      enroute to target. its been years since I last played with it though
                      but worth a look.. In WW2Online its the same but as a tank crew or 3
                      infantry etc etc..

                      Time difference would be our biggest problem though me being in
                      Australia..

                      Worth looking into if you have any ideas for a bit of fun to help us
                      jog some Memories.. Flight together in a he111 a later a tiger Tank
                      and as 3 grunts in the front.. Would be a laugh I guess in computer
                      games world..

                      Myself and Glocke have discussed a possible meeting in PA, USA at a
                      reenactors event in circa 2010 or so for a Winter Event in the
                      realtime stuff for a week or so.. A mate of mine here is also
                      interested. Jackie you could join us as DRK nurse??

                      Take Care..

                      Fritz

                      --- In ThirdReichOnFilm@yahoogroups.com, "Jacqueline Wilson"
                      <jackie@...> wrote:

                      > Hallo Fritz!
                      >
                      > Thanks for the post. It was good to watch that again.
                      >
                      > Glad to hear that you and you wife are getting along better today! :)
                      > My partner and I have not had a spat yet, (knocking on wood) but
                      > when we do, it's good to know that I've got a couple Kameraden
                      > out there to commiserate with.
                      >
                      > Good point about the Hakenkreuz. I'm only attracted to it, as it was
                      > the programs and economic revival that it brought, that made it possible
                      > for my family to have dignity through gainful employmet again, and it
                      > also opened the door for me to have the opportunity to learn to fly.
                      >
                      > Speaking of which, now that I have a high-speed cable connection,
                      > I'll have to look into the 'Warbirds' game. More on that later.
                      >
                      > Kopf Hoch Fritz!
                      > Jackie

                      14.10.2008 02:02

                    • w724bell@aim.com
                      Message 10 of 24 , Oct 14, 2008
                        WOW... where to start.. Axis and Allies, panzer general, steel panthers, and my all time favorite, an old DOS game from the mid/late 1990's, 'steel panzers'. i must admit, that i sometimes DO play the allies, even the bolsheviks..but only to set them up for total destruction by 'our' boys, or to test/range my guns/equippment ( i get one JS-2, or t-34, and drive it right through a minefield, or directly into a battery of 88's, just to see how long it can survive) hehehehe kind of twisted isnt it? i run into a paradox of sorts, on the west front, i cant play the americans, but its hard to play against them also. i think it has something to do with knowing that i had 2 grandfathers in this life, in that theatre of the war. like some strange sci-fi flick, if i hit the sherman, or kill the infantry platoon that one of my grandfathers are in , POOF!  ill just cease to be.
                         i know about the dreamstate fitz.. after about the 2nd e-mail, ( dont freak out) im fairly certain that i knew you then kamerad. in what capacity i dont know, but i think we have "chewed some of the same dirt".
                         for me, its all adler und runic symbols, the happy cross is familiar, but not "special" you know? same for the iron cross. i have a feeling of being handed pennies when i thought i deserved gold. even though it has a storied and valorous past,  i ... kind of almost disregarded the award..??.. maybe, by late 43 early 44, they were handing them out like candy, trying to boost moral? mayhap i was awarded one after my death? ( great! some soviet bastard just had bayonette or ppsh41 practice on my mid-section.. and you gave me.. this?!?!?!) im not sure. i dont want or mean to offend anyone, im sorry in advance if i do, im just being honest. id feel more comfortable though, fighting for or with that symbol, than any other.
                         im gald to hear you and the wife have worked things out, if you feel about your girls, the way i feel about mine... ill take anything she can give me.. so i can stay with the 2 most precious, wonderful people in my life. solid relationships are a MUST for people like... 'US'
                         thanks for the link, i didnt get to watch the end, i stopped it when the wife walked in.. ill finish it later
                         veilen danke und kopf hoch kamerad, gott MIT uns! -glocke

                      • jackie@autoamerican.net
                        Message 11 of 24 , Oct 14, 2008
                          Dear Glocke,

                          Interesting point you brought up about the possible reason you and I are in the US this time 'round, and Fritz chose Ireland.
                          I'm pretty sure I lived through the war only to be completely broken by the utter devastation I found upon returnng home.  My death remains a mystery, whether I died of a broken heart/spirit or took my own life has not yet been revealed to me.
                          I'm sure your story is posted somewhere, but I'm so slow to find things through old postings, can you give me the run-down on your demise if you know it?  (I'm just curious if those of us who survived the war chose to come back as Ami's)

                          Dein Kameradin,
                          Jackie

                          Message 12 of 24 , Oct 15, 2008
                            hello jackie,

                             ill give you the short version ( i can get long winded, haha ) i was born in berlin, in the 1920's, my father was absent ( i think maybe a casualty of ww 1 ) my mother was a seamstress, we were very poor. i was a loner, and remember being excited that i had been 'accepted' (to what?? the SS? im not sure). all of my memories are from the ostfront, cold, lonely, and bleak memories of freezing cold, constant hunger and thirst, unsurmountable odds and desparation.

                             when i was 6 or 7, i woke up screaming one night, the dream i had was so real, and shocking, that it is burned into my memory, i recounted to my mother, ( who is very spirtual, into astrology and such) and she kind of guided me through my early years, understanding what was going on with her son. she came to my defence when i got MAD as hell watching old ww2 flicks ( the series Combat, hogans heros, the big red 1, etc.) because they were WRONG! 'we' didnt retreat like scared children! 'we' didnt act like confused fools!! and so on. she was quiet about it, never 'outing' me to others, but kept her eye on me, and now, she is as convinced as i am.

                             in this dream, i was cold, ( of course! ) wet, and so tired my arms and legs were numb. we ( a platoon sized unit, 40 or 50 of us ) were beig hurried to a bunker, or some sort of shelter. ( i know NOW that it was to escape the pre- attack bombardment ) after all the thuds and explosions had stopped, we were sent out, in groups of about 5. i was in the last group, with the commander ( i know NOW that it was an officer, we were wearing the late 1943 camo field uniform, and his was NEW, and very clean, the rest of us were tattered, and dirty ). my mauser at the ready.
                            i saw SWARMS of men in dirty, light tan uniforms, running straight at us ( again, i know NOW that they were soviet uniforms) it was like a tsunami, they were in front, behind, and all around us. i shot a short, small built russian, he went down in a sort of half back flip, i was working the bolt on my rifle when something hit me in the chest. it felt like a gas pain, a burning choking feeling. a tall thin man, with blue eyes, bushy black eyebrows, and white, even teeth... perfect teeth. was inches from my own face, his face was twisted in rage, and he STUNK! im almost sure i died at the end of his bayonette. i had a feeling of falling backward, everything going dark. a sinking feeling in my gut, like when an elevator first starts or stops, and numbness, prickly tingling like when your hand, or foot falls asleep, only it was my whole body tingling, i wasnt cold, or hungry, or scared anymore, i felt my tingling self start to "lift' ... and i woke up screaming and crying. thats just the beginning...( or is it the end?) haha there is ALOT more, i didnt want to bore anyone, or take up 3 pages... so... whats YOUR story?? thanks for your20intrest jackie-  Glocke

                            Message 13 of 24 , Oct 15, 2008
                              Herr Glocke,

                              I am COMPLTELY thrown here as I just by CO-INCIDENCE have seen the very
                              same documentary film about the young boy by the family name of Austrian
                              In WW1..

                              I will come back to you.. I have to sign off hanging so tired for now
                              but please give me your mobile (handy) or of course in USA the cell
                              numbers..(If I may ask this? ) Just in case you want to sms text my
                              Australian number upfront is +61404887028

                              I am back on duty for the next 7 Days ahead so my internet time will be
                              Minimal and only via iphone (my just birthday present) HAVE SO MUCH TO
                              SAY TO YOU BOTH MY SOUL IS BURSTING OUT..

                              Just want you both to know I am so grateful for you both now close in my
                              crazy TR-PL world.. You Both as Americans and to me the very Real
                              Americans the world via the media just does not even know exist.. Real
                              People.. You know my story so this is very healing..

                              The Truth is Everything.

                              ALLES

                              Fritz
                            • jackie@autoamerican.net
                              Message 14 of 24 , Oct 15, 2008
                                Hallo Fritz!

                                You really do sound tired!
                                Get some rest my friend, and we'll pick up the dialoge
                                next week when your work stint is passed.

                                Liebe Grüße,
                                Jackie

                                Message 15 of 24 , Oct 15, 2008
                                  Hallo Herr Glocke!

                                  So you did die in combat.
                                  Oft times I wish I had.....
                                  It maybe would have made things in this life easier.
                                  But I don't know, we all seem to be searching, and thankfully
                                  the Internet allows us to find each other again.

                                  Ugh! I can't imagine your situation though.....
                                  At the mercy of that smelly Bolshevik!
                                  Don't know 'bout you, but I've never liked them in this life.
                                  And I still find it unfathomable that the US was ever allies with them.
                                  But I'm rambling.......   :)

                                  Your pre-War memories are much clearer than mine.
                                  I've only got shadowy glimpses of my once-proud, middle class parents,
                                  having to live beneath their dignity due to the ramifications
                                  of the Reparations of WW1.

                                  (My 'short version')
                                  I was born (I'm pretty sure) in 1914.  Pulled a brief stint in the SA, before
                                  enrolling in flight training school around the time the Führer came to power.
                                  (I've seen this all in dreams, and as time goes on, they've begun to
                                  come together......sort of like the scenes in Pulp Fiction)
                                  Music was important, and I was heavily involved in a Luftwaffe band/choral group.

                                  Anyway, I've vividly dreamt, on 2 separate occasions, about my capture
                                  by the Americans in the basement of a bombed-out farm house in the late
                                  Fall of '44, and my internment thereafter until the end of the War.
                                  But it wasn't until I had a regression done that I understood why I'd
                                  blocked my homecoming out.  I saw my town, basically where the only
                                  structure still standing more than a few feet high was part of the shell
                                  of the church steeple.  (Dresden??) This freaked me out so bad, that the regressor
                                  had to pull me back to the present very quickly.  I'm reasonably sure
                                  that I found the remains of my wife in the shattered, scorched remains
                                  of our house, and in this life I'm terrified of burned-out buildings.
                                  I thought for a long time that I'd committed suicide then and there,
                                  but in a later dream, I was working in an American Army Officer's club
                                  (as a bus boy) and Frank Sinatra was entertaining.

                                  It's all so weird.......

                                  Thanks for listening!  :)

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Oct 16, 2008
                                    hi jackie

                                     let me start by adding that i didnt know that much about my pre-war life until my early 20's. in this life, i am a US army vet. and was stationed in berlin, before, during, and after the fall of the wall. i arrived in march of 1989, at age 20.
                                     for the first months there ( i was in berlin for 3 and 1/2 years), about every third place i went i had gut wrenching deja vu, and upon seeing my first russian soldier, i almost threw up. the poor soviet conscript standing at the checkpoint had no idea who i was...or that i wanted to literally RIP HIM TO SHREDS. i have never, to this day, felt the anger, hatred, and fear i felt upon seeing that first soviet soldat, the ones that i saw afterwards gave me the same feeling, but the intensity eventually died down.... a little.

                                     well, long story short, a german girl i was seeing, took me to see a psychic. i did the regression thing, and the 'mystic' filled in the blanks.. you can imagine my surreal state of mind then... i have ALWAYS known that i was a german soldier of ww2, but it took most of my life up to that point to make SOME sense of it all. after the blanks were filled in... the dreams, and flashbacks started with ferocious intensity, and i dove headfirst into a bottle of whatever i could get my hands on to try and make it go away... it didnt. i was angry, that HERE I WAS... BACK in berlin... facing down these red bastards...AGAIN!?!?!? was god laughing? o r is he just cruel? haha

                                     after the years in berlin, ( subtract 5 months for the first gulf war 1990-91) i was sent to aberdeen maryland, for retraining, and then to south korea, the DMZ... no bull!! ive stated in an earlier post that ive spent a good bit of THIS life facing down a 'red' army... (whether the soldiers were white, yellow, or brown.... the army was still RED) cruel he must be..

                                     i could not imagine returning to find everything destroyed, everyone dead and gone. i agree with you that ... maybe those of us that died in combat... were 'lucky' ? maybe we were reborn in america because there was nothing left for us in germany. i couldnt have known, as i was 'gone' before the end.... as a young child, i can remember being shocked and saddend when i learned enough history to realize that 'we' had lost. it must have been a terribly sad and empty feeling you had seeing everything ruined, and changed forever... the REAL germany ...had died with us.. in 1945.

                                     thanks for sharing your story with me, and for listening to mine... -Glocke

                                    im sorry to hear about the problems with the missus fritz, i have to agree with jackie that if my wife knew how i really felt, there would definately be problems in our relationship. ..she is the 'typical' american, a good person, but shallow, and superficial, and is only slightly curious as to why, when gaming, i ALWAYS play the germans... always against the soviets...ALWAYS ( after watching zeitgeist with me, she said hmmm, that was odd... anyway, there is a BIG sale tomorrow at ... blah blah blah ) some people get it, some do not.
                                     maybe jackie and i came back as americans, because we were not 'killed' by them?? maybe you chose Ireland because it was neutral, but still western. i dont think any of us would have chosen to come20back as russian.. at least not ME! aaaack! good god NO! i think i wanted to get as far away from the verdammt east as possible, preferrably across an ocean.. and here we are.
[...]

                                    Jacqueline Wilson wrote:
                                    Hallo again Fritz!
                                    (I told you I'd=2 0get caught up on E-mail eventually!)
                                    :)

[...]

                                    The movie was made using low key actors and military reenactors in the States=2 0a few years back and was also released on small time distribution. I bought the movie on dvd as i just collect all kinds of WW2 war films including the too much to often garbage propaganda from Hollywood..

                                    Anyway hope this helps

                                    Fritz

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Oct 16, 2008
                                      advance apology jackie, ive a bad habit of starting to write before im finished reading, when the msg i sent popped up in my mail, i re read it, and realized i made my reply mostly about me. forgive me please.

                                       maybe, after the end of hostilities, (and our deaths) we could see two clear horizons, one being EAST and the other west, due to the coming division of europa. i can see that most of us chose WEST. what or why we ended up in any specific country is unknown to me, i couldnt even begin to guess, but i am curious about it also.

                                       as for the russians, i cant even to stand to hear the language spoken, to me, there is NOTHING east of poland that is not bloodshed, misery, and heartache. dark dreary places that give me nothing but 'bad vibes'... after the berlin wall came down, i rarely even went to the 'eastern' sector. i just couldnt do it. so, like you, i dont like them either!

                                       perhaps after it was all over, you saw that the ami's were not that bad, came to know the language, culture, and felt comfortable with them. i think, if i had returned to find my burned out house and murdered ( i think if it was dresden.. it was MURDER, the 1945 fire bombing was nothing short of genocide in my opinion) spouse, i would have ended my own life right there beside her also. as i said below... that must have been a terribly sad and heart wretching homecoming for you. and knowing there was nothing left for you in germany, upon y our demise decided to "put an ocean between you and your past" as i did.. i was reborn in franklin, pennsylvania with mostly german heritage... i still live in the northwest part of the state, in Hadley... next best thing to deutschland huh?!

                                       yes im certain i died in combat. everything from 1920 something, until early 1944? i find very interesting.. after that.. nothing... its as mundane as 1492, or 1918. 1945 is just a date to me PL wise, even though in THIS life, i know it meant our final defeat.

                                       pulp fiction and natural born killers, are two of my all time favorites!  "is there a SIGN in my front yard that says DEAD NIGGER STORAGE jules?!?" or "where's Zed?...zed's DEAD!" LOL!  but strangely, i can relate to the random assed "last memory or dream before the first" idea, thats how mine were/are also. a smell, a taste, a situation can set off a mini-dreamlike flashback thingy for me... as you said... its SOOOO very weird.

                                       what did you fly? i saw you mention to fritz, or fritz mention to you an HE111... is that what you flew? or were flying?
                                      do you remember what brought you down? or how you came to be in the basement of that farmhouse? id really like to know. dont worry about rambling.... as you can see im quite the rambler myself ..  later..-glocke

                                       ill give you the short version ( i can get long winded, haha ) i was born in berlin, in the 1920's, my father was absent ( i think maybe a casualty of ww 1 ) my mother was a seamstress, we were very poor. i was a loner, and remember being excited that i had been 'accepted' (to what?? the SS? im not sure). all of my memories are from the ostfront, cold, lonely, and bleak memories of freezing cold, constant hunger and thirst, unsurmountable odds and desparation.

                                       when i was 6 or 7, i woke up screaming one night, the dream i had was so real, and shocking, that it is burned into my memory, i recounted to my mother, ( who is very spirtual, into astrology and such) and she=2 0kind of guided me through my early years, understanding what was going on with her son. she came to my defence when i got MAD as hell watching old ww2 flicks ( the series Combat, hogans hero s, the big red 1, etc.) because they were WRONG! 'we' didnt retreat like scared children! 'we' didnt act like confused fools!! and so on. she was quiet about it, never 'outing' me to others, but kept her eye on me, and now, she is as convinced as i am.

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Oct 17, 2008
                                        take your time buddy, the weather here is bad, so ive nothing to do but drink weizen bier and type.. thinking about it.. what the hell is so bad about that? HAhahaha!

                                        its a bit beyond strange that you saw the same documentary, dealing with our 'common' situation, around the same time I DID.. and you are on a DIFFERENT CONTINENT!!!??? WTF???? are we getting signals from outer space?? or maybe from beyond the grave?!?! WOW!! this is strange fitz..

                                         ive mentioned something before about us.. ALL of us.. maybe have an obligation to "set the record straight" or even to save earth from yiddish bankers.?

                                        something to think about ... schlaft schoen - Glocke

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Oct 21, 2008

                                          Hallo Glocke,

                                          Sorry for the delay.  We're off to furniture shop again in a bit, but I've got
                                          enough time to answer a few E-mails.
                                          (This married life takes up so much of my time!)  ;)

                                          Anyway......
                                          Very Interesting!  You and I are roughly the same age.
                                          In this life, I started May 20th, 1968.

                                          How did you feel when the Wall came down?
                                          What was it like to be there for that event?

                                          I understand how you felt toward the Russian soldier when you were there.
                                          Myself, I didn't get to return to the Heimat until '06, but I went to Berlin too.
                                          One day I was waiting for the bus, and suddenly felt nauseous, with a creepy-
                                          crawly skin type feeling.  Not knowing what was happening, I looked around
                                          and a group of 'tourists' had appeared.  They were very rude, older, wart-y skin,
                                          and were literally 'shoving' their way through the crowd.  Once on the bus, I understood
                                          why I suddenly felt sick at their arrival.  They started speaking Russian, with their Russian
                                          tour guide.  It was the oddest feeling........almost like Berlin was being violated.
                                          Is that crazy?

                                          Have you ever gone back for another regression?  Maybe it's a moot point, as it sounds
                                          like you're remembering without any outside help, but I've always had a mind to go back.
                                          I've never understood why we were allowed to remember, or caused to remember in this life.
                                          Surely it'd be so much easier to just buy into the Allied propaganda.  Saving Private Ryan was
                                          one of the movies I didn't mind watching until I read that letter from Hans Schmidt.
                                          No wonder I lean towards the movies from the 'Good Side' during the War instead.
                                          Sure, atrocities happened on both sides, but the more I learn about how the Allied side's
                                          have been hidden, or even worse, erased from history, the more angry I get.
                                          But I'm getting off topic......

                                          Also interesting that you've had to face Reds twice since returning.
                                          Makes one wonder if we get to 'choose' when we come back.
                                          Why would one choose being exposed to the DMZ after what happened last time?
                                          The thought is just exasperating.

                                          Like you, but I've always been a bit sad that we lost, and the older I get, the harder
                                          it is to take.  When I first saw 'The Longest Day' I loved it, because it had lots of Deutsche
                                          Soldaten in it, but now I can't even watch it anymore.....at least not more than halfway.
                                          Once the Allies get a foot hold, and go over the top of the cliff, it's just too hard to watch.

                                          More later, my partner is about to drag me out the door! :)
[...]

                                          .

                                          Checked by AVG.
                                        • Jacqueline Wilson
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Oct 22, 2008

                                            Hi Glocke,

                                            No need to apologize, I do the same thing myself.
                                            Thank you for sharing your experiences/feelings with me! :)

                                            It's surprising (or maybe not really, given our pasts) the similarities
                                            we've chosen for this life.  You live in an area that closely resembles
                                            the Heimat.....as do I.  My home this time 'round is near Seattle Washington,
                                            and I was amazed in '06 when I went 'Home' for the first time, that it was
                                            almost exactly the same.  Same climate, trees, etc......
                                            Only thing different were the squirrels. :)  Here they're grey, and over there
                                            they're red of course.

                                            You don't like to hear Russian either?  I know what you mean.  When I
                                            first heard it I was little, but it frightened me. (Still does!)  German on the other hand........
                                            It was also when I was very young, that I first heard it, but I loved it instantly.

                                            You're right, although I don't know if I came to like the Ami's after the War was over.
                                            In my dreams, and feeling on the subject, I honestly believe that I came to respect them
                                            during my captivity.  I feel that I was treated pretty well, and even after returning home,
                                            differentiated between my captors, and the folks who'd destroyed my town.
                                            But I'll probably need another regression or two to fully explore that.

                                            Everything from the end of the Great War until '44 is intensely interesting to me as well.
                                            (In '44 we still had a shot, but to me '45 means nothing but impending doom, and from
                                            May '45 on........just blackness)

                                            I never saw Natural Born Killers, and Pulp Fiction I could've really get into.
                                            (Maybe I had enough of death the last time 'round)
                                            Not much in the way of 'modern' movies sparks my interest.
                                            'Untergang' was terribly depressing, but for accuracy, it's quite good.
                                            'A Bridge Too Far' is one of my current, modern favs, since we actually are 'ahead' at the end.
                                            But I tend more towards the old movies, like Stukas, or Kampfgeschwader Lützow is my current
                                            favourite from the era.  Sure, they're nothing but blatant propaganda, but I still like 'em!

                                            Which probably answers your other question(s).  I'm attracted to Stukas, and I think the HE111
                                            is probably the sexiest bomber ever made, so I feel like I spent a lot of time in those two types of planes.
                                            To be honest, I really can't say for sure.  Most of my dreams have to more to do with my Kameraden
                                            then what I was flying at the time.
                                            In regards to the farmhouse dream........
                                            Here's what I got out of that, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, as I've not researched it yet,
                                            but it was late Fall in '44, and since airplanes were becoming scarce, some of us were converted to
                                            ground troops to try and help hold back the Americans.  (In another dream, I vividly saw my Luftwaffe
                                            uniform under the camouflage Wehrmacht pancho I was wearing)  Some of my old flying compatriots were in the
                                            same group as I, and we just wanted the War to be over, or at least be out of the 'ground troop' situation.
                                            From what I've read, soldiers would never go into a basement or similar structure since they'd be cornered
                                            .......unless they just wanted to be captured and get it over with.  In my dream, we were cold, tired, hungry,
                                            and since we didn't get to fly anymore, we didn't really care about much of anything.  Ground fighting was not for us.
                                            So I guess you could say that we were cowards, and you'd probably be right.  We saw the way
                                            the War was going, that there were no 'Miracle Weapons' that could turn the tide, and we wanted
                                            nothing more than to be warm again, and have some food in our stomachs.

                                            Jackie

                                            Message 21 of 24 , Oct 23, 2008
                                              hi jackie,

                                              yes the similarities are ... strange is such a weak word when put in this context... breathtakingly unbelievable?? too wordsy... lets just go with the simple "WOW!!!" ... you, fitz, and myself share some uncanny similarities.. and im sorry but, i cant yet properly respond. there seems to be SO MUCH information coming at me...from all directions, that im having a hard time sorting everything out.. i will say that..

                                               im sorry, when you made a referance to pulp fiction, i thought you meant the movie, not literal 'pulp fiction'!

                                              yes its strange that we share a home that is similar to our previous home, in a northern climate. i would not want to be anywhere that didnt include snow, mountains or hills, and 4 seasons. fresh air, fresh ideas and faces..

                                               i dont want to offend you , but i am a RABID Obama supporter, i ... just feel something about the man.. and i feel ive had this feeling before, he can lead us back to what george washington wanted for us.. Unity, Liberty, and most of all PEACE.. maybe I.. ALSO... am tired of all the blood and the guts and the war etc. etc. i feel for obama, what i think i felt for Adolph... is that dangerous? or can we make it work this time?

                                               you were NOT a coward!! the most basic human instinct is for survival! you did what you had to do.. for YOU.. that is honorable to me.. "im not dying for a bunch of assholes that already lost the war for us" i agree... in 44... we had a shot, 45 is just... blackness. according to history as i learned it... MANY luftwaffe units were converted to infantry near the end.... putting a pilot in a hole with a rifle, is like putting a sailor in a fighter plane, or a medic in a tank... it NEVER works out..

                                              i was stationed at "andrews kaserne" in lichterfeld, southwest berlin. the prussian kadetten korps compound. yes the russians are or seem to be ugly, pushy, stinky, funny built people that have no right to be in OUR europa, they are VILE!! i CAN NOT STAND THEM, THE LANGUAGE, OR THE CULTURE!! which is strange.. if fitz can forgive the ami's... WHY cant i, or WE forgive the russians??

                                              i never thought about another regression, im a "laid off" union Ironworker, about a year ago, i googled "reincarnated german soldier" ( knowing what i knew, and with LOTS of time on my hands.... i gave it a shot) and i found EK... ever since ive been in EK, and in these other groups.. i REALLY havnt needed a regression.. the stuff just comes back to me... im sure after typing this msg. ill have a VIVID dream, or flashback tonight.. just talking about it... helps to bring it out.. does it you???

                                              ive got to go... MY partner ( mean, bossy wife that THINKS she is in charge) wants me to get off line, and outside..maybe she IS in charge.. hahahahaha gatta go later jackie... Glocke

                                              Message 22 of 24 , May 14, 2009
                                                Jackie,

                                                are you still out there?

                                                Im compiling a list of some goof movies made in Germany during the era
                                                of the Third Reich and I hope its ok to post it here for obvious reasons
                                                as this is the place for that movie talk.

                                                When your ready.. Hope to post that list when I get through the list of
                                                programmes..

                                                All The Best

                                                : )

                                                Fritz
                                              • Fitzcallan
                                                Message 23 of 24 , May 14, 2009
                                                  JA! JA! 'Goof' Was meant to mean GOOD..

                                                   Goof Movies Are Whats Churned Out Of HollyWollyWood..

                                                  Not ALL - But Most ..

                                                  hmmmm

                                                  Message 24 of 24 , May 14, 2009
                                                    HAAAAAAAA i wondered!!! goof movies??? did they have roly poly, bumbling, crippled, or beady eyed grotesquely mustachioed actors in the Reich making fun of Churchill, FDR, or Stalin?? hahahaha!!