LANDSER

  • Sean
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 20, 2009
      Its all kind of quiet as it goes..

      Jackie, Wo bist du ?? Hope you are keeping well and no hassles in life.

      I was wondering off the top of my head if anyone can recommend any movies that show the German Wehrmacht in fairness in any movies made since WW2 ended. We all know the usual Hollywood garbage distorts and makes perverse most facts of WW2 history so it is probably movies made outside the USA Jollywood influence that matter ??

      Stalingrad was a cult classic as was Das Boot..

      Anyone ???

      Hope to hear from you all : )

      Fritz
    • w724bell@aim.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 20, 2009
        i havnt heard of any lately Fritz, and i havnt heard much from Jackie either... are ya out there J?!?!?!?

         i just ordered 2 books through amazon.. "Blood Red Snow" memiors of a machine gunner on the Ostfront, and "The Good Soldier" memiors of a Panzer Grenadier from Osterreich, that served (possibly with me!?) with the GrossDeutschland division. it goes from the 1938 anschluss, through the war, captivity in a Gulag, and finally, his returning to Austria... the reason its called "the good soldier" is because at the may 1945 surrender, he was only a few miles from home.. he could have done what many in his unit did... simply lay everything down, and walked home.. but he was "the good soldier" and stayed with his Kameraden, his Brothers, and he paid for that with 10 years in a camp in Uzbekistan some gaddam where! from the excerpts, it looks to be a fascinating read, i grumble everytime i go to the mailbox and DONT see my books!! after i read them, ill let you know what i think, maybe we could do an exchange??

        i know this has nothing to do with film.. bitte entschuld ich Kameraden.. i hope you both are doing well.. -von Reigel

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 20, 2009

        • jackie@autoamerican.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 20, 2009
            Hallo Fritz!

            Ich bin heute in New York.
            Hoffe nach hause Mittwoch zu sein.

            Mehr spaater! :)
            ~J~

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 21, 2009
              Look like very good books and the kind of books I find hard to put down. The Good Soldier sounds a little like SNIPER which is also about an Austrian who also survives the Ostfront and almost got sent to a Gulag when the Americans handed over scores of German POWs to the Soviets for Slave labour in the Concentration Gulag Camps. SNIPER is Highly recommended ..

              I think its no problem to discuss books on here as well as books often make it to the screens although Hollywood is still in no hurry to show the real story regarding the Landser.

              Jackie, Hope NY treats you well. I almost git drafted into the US Marines there back in 1988 (Long Story) Wouldnt that have been a twist of fate huhhh!!!! (oppss wrong forum ; )

              We have some new forum members now.. Would they like to introduce themselves and be polite and to hello... Any films you can recommend ??

              Sean Fritz

> [...]
            • Sean
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 21, 2009

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 22, 2009
                  im not recieving any mail from the group except for yours Fritz...?? i wonder what is going on?? i almost bought "sniper".. as it also came up in the "people who bought this also bought...." but for some reason "blood red snow" caught my eye..

                  Look like very good books and the kind of books I find hard to put down. The Good Soldier sounds a little like SNIPER which is also about an Austrian who also survives the Ostfront and almost got sent to a Gulag when the Americans handed over scores of German POWs to the Soviets for Slave labour in the Concentration Gulag Camps. SNIPER is Highly recommended ..

                  I think its no problem to discuss books on here as well as books often make it to the screens although Hollywood is still in no hurry to show the real story regarding the Landser.

                  Jackie, Hope NY treats you well. I almost git drafted into the US Marines there back in 1988 (Long Story) Wouldnt that have been a twist of fate huhhh!!!! (oppss wrong forum ; )

                  We have some new forum members now.. Would they like to introduce themselves and be polite and to hello... Any films you can recommend ??

                  Sean Fritz

                • Jacqueline Wilson
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 25, 2009
                    Hallo Fritz!

                    I'm still here, or rather, back here.
                    We went to NY and NH for a week, and just got in last night.

                    .....Still wading through the backlog of E-mails......

                    Hope you're doing well!
                    More soon,
                    Jackie