This is too true to be funny.

  • Luciana
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2012

      This is too true to be funny.

      The next time you hear a politician use the
      Word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about
      Whether you want the 'politicians' spending
      YOUR tax money.

      A billion is a difficult number to comprehend,
      But one advertising agency did a good job of
      Putting that figure into some perspective in
      One of its releases.

      A.

      A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

      B.

      A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

      C.

      A billion hours ago our ancestors were
      Living in the Stone Age.

      D.

      A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

      E.
      A billion dollars ago was only
      8 hours and 20 minutes,
      At the rate our government
      Is spending it.

      While this thought is still fresh in our brain...
      let's take a look at New Orleans ...
      It's amazing what you can learn with some simple division.

      Louisiana Senator,
      Mary Landrieu (D)
      Was asking Congress for

      250
      BILLION DOLLARS
      rebuild New Orleans . Interesting number...
      What does it mean?

      A.

      Well .. If you are one of the 484,674 residents of New Orleans
      (every man, woman and child)
      You each get
      $516,528

      B.

      Or... If you have one of the 188,251 homes in
      New Orleans , your home gets
      $1,329,787.

      C.

      Or... If you are a family of four...
      Your family gets
      $2,066,012.

      Washington , D.C

      HELLO!

      Are all your calculators broken??

      Building Permit Tax
      CDL License Tax
      Cigarette Tax
      Corporate Income Tax
      Dog License Tax
      Federal Income Tax (Fed)
      Federal Unemployment Tax (FU TA)
      Fishing License Tax
      Food License Tax
      Fuel Permit Tax
      Gasoline Tax
      Hunting License Tax
      Inheritance Tax
      Inventory Tax
      IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
      IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
      Liquor Tax
      Luxury Tax
      Marriage License Tax
      Medicare Tax
      Property Tax
      Real Estate Tax
      Service charge Taxes
      Social Security Tax
      Road Usage Tax (Truckers)
      Sales Taxes
      Recreational Vehicle Tax
      School Tax
      State Income Tax
      State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
      Telephone Federal Excise Tax
      Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
      Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Tax
      Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
      Telephone Recurring and Non-recurringCharges Tax
      Telephone State and Local Tax
      Telephone Usage ChargeTax
      Utility Tax
      Vehicle License Registration Tax
      Vehicle Sales Tax
      Watercraft Registration Tax
      Well Permit Tax
      Workers Compensation Tax
      (And to think, we left British Rule to avoid so many taxes)

      STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

      Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago...
      And our nation was the most prosperous in the world.

      We had absolutely no national debt...
      We had the largest middle class in the world...
      And Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

      What happened?
      Can you spell

      'politicians'!

      And I still have to
      Press '1'
      For English.

      I hope this goes around
      the
      SA
      At least 100 times

      What the heck happened?????

    • Angel
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 20, 2012
        Now the government talks about spending trillions of dollars as if they were a few cents.  No wonder we are all in trouble.  If individual households spent as does our government we would soon be insolvent.