Re: [ThewhippetOnline] G'day from Down Under

  • Donna Lane
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2001
      They are native Australian birds, also known as the Western Rosella, or Platycercus Icteratis.  The blue is a relatively new mutation developed in captivity in Australia.  All we have here is the normal "wild" color (Red, with green and black banded wings, yellow cheek patches, and some blue on the leading edges of the wings and on the tail).  Actually, the normal is quite colorful as is, but I would like to find out if I can import a pair of the blues.  If you can find a web address for a breeder, I would be forever thankfull, assuming that I can afford them.

      I envy your interesting variety of beautiful wild birds.  Most of ours are little brown things.