warning: malicious Search engine

  • Sat Ananda Hayden
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2001
      I installed a search engine called Alexa.  I have since discovered that this program can burrow into your system, by-pass firewalls and access your sensitive (read: credit card) information.  It created literally hundreds of airline reservations for me (fortunately, they were never ticketed).  I found this out through a Security search done following my discovery of all those reservations.  And while we really can't tell if it was a bug that looped around on a reservation I was making on-line through an SSL or done with malicious intent, I thought you all might want to know.

      Thanks!
      Sat Ananda Hayden