Re: Please help with info if you can...

  • Dr. David Hersh
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 17, 2003
      At 01:56 AM 3/18/03 +0000, "Patrick Roberts" <rsmith94545@...> wrote:

      >I have a desire for a canine companion and the whippet breed is the ideal
      >breed for my needs.

      I have had 3 black (with Irish marking), female whippets in the last thirty
      years. I've never shown. Never would. Each has been as you said, "a
      canine companion." Good luck with this interesting breed. By the way,
      they all sleep in bed with you under the covers and will teach you how they
      want to get under. All night long, it will be in again, out again, ad
      infinitum. You'll get used to it and will eventually respond in your
      sleep. Bear with the short learning curve.

      David
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      David S. Hersh, Ed.D., Clinical Sexologist http://Doctor-Sex.org
      Whippet: Raven - http://Doctor-Sex.org/raven
      Whippet: Hershford's Bonny Bawd (sire: Whippletree Ampersand Fidelity; dam:
      Special Acres' Xena) - http://Doctor-Sex.org/bonny and
      http://Doctor-Sex.org/bonny2 and http://Doctor-Sex.org/bonny3 and
      http://Doctor-Sex.org/bonny4 and http://doctor-sex.org/bonny5
    • Amber Higginbotham
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 17, 2003
        "By the way,they all sleep in bed with you under the covers and will teach you how they want to get under.  All night long, it will be in again, out again, ad infinitum.  You'll get used to it and will eventually respond in your sleep."

        Funny how they all have such unique personalities but some things are all the same! You really do learn to do this in your sleep! I have one that will also nudge and nudge at you on the couch until you cover her with a blanket.

        You also have to add that you will always have an audience no matter what you are doing! Both of mine and my mom's have to be in whatever room you are in... kitchen... bathroom... wherever!
      • Carol Wright
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 17, 2003
          I second everyone's comments wholeheartedly.  There is nothing better than a Whippet unless it's a house ( and bed) full of Whippets!!  I'm not in the states mentioned, but if you're ever in South eastern West Virginia, you're welcome to visit my Whippets.  Prepare to receive lots of Whippet kisses.  Once you find your Whippet, you will wonder how you ever lived without one.  (or two or three ).

          Carol