Re: [The_Yurt_Community] Re: Myself

  • Bexy Doolan
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2012
      You would need to build a substantial step up to the height of the straw bale.. But it could work and would look really nice rendered in adobe. If the cover came down over the bales it might be a missed opportunity for some space outbound the yurt for pots/growing etc.

      I'm starting the trellis Walls this week with the Hazel poles I coppiced on Saturday.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 16 Mar 2012, at 08:30, keith white <earthflash@...> wrote:

      I like the straw bale idea, just a bit worried about prolonged wet, damp conditions. Still, with the right protection it's something to think about. If the cover was a bales' depth longer it could come down to cover the whole lot, stopping a few inches above ground level, overlapping the vapour barrier upstand on the outside of the bales...