Help Help!

  • Tom Knox
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2011
      I may be a pretty good wood worker, but....Iam not much on erecting the yurt! I have three men including me. The ring or wheel is twisting as in rotating. We have 9 poles in place in opposite positions. The ring is twisting. We made a frame and placed it on the scaffoling. It is not working. The yurt is 24 ft in diameter. Poles have been erected on this cable before.. 2 x 6 poles.

      What do I need to do. When we erected the frame in the shop it went smoothly. Now that the parts are finished, I am having a LOT OF TROUBLE getting the poles in pace.

      If you KNOW what I am doing wrong please tell me straigt out. My help is leaving sunday.

      Thanks a Million
      FRUSTRATED AND TIRED!!
      Tom Knox
    • L K
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2011
        First check if the ground is level and if you need to adjust your
        lattice to level the top portion, maybe widen the circle a bit too. Odds
        are your shop had a perfectly level floor and natural ground rarely is
        so takes some fiddling. Second, you may just need to tighten the outer
        rope supporting the rafters. Also, sometimes the problem simply goes
        away by the time the setup is complete so keep adding rafters and see if
        it straightens out when they are all in place. That usually solves it
        when I encounter the same situation.

        If it does not, then also try temporary center poles and adjust the
        height until the center ring is closer to straight.

        Puppy
        http://www.NYCMongol.com