Greetings

  • Proins'eaf NihOgain
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2006
      Hi,
      Fran new memeber here from the wilds of North Bend. We have just
      Sold our house and are thinking of building a yurt on our new land. We
      Have been looking at all the yurt companies on the web and was
      Wondering if anyone has any experience or info on Great American Yurts
      http://www.yurts-r-us.com/index.htm

      Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

      Thanks Fran
    • Sarah Carriger
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2006
        Welcome to the yurt group, Fran!

        I just got a call last week from Ken at Great American Yurt and our yurt
        is finished. Unfortunately, we aren't ready for it yet so Ken is going
        to store it for us until we are. We are using the platform plans from
        the Ranier Yurt site and I have been pricing wood and planning our first
        trip to the property to set the 4 x 4 posts in concrete. Once we have
        the platform built, we will take delivery on the yurt and set it up. I
        priced scaffold at a local rental place and it was pretty cheap. I
        thought that would be safer and more comfortable than a couple of
        ladders to get the center ring up.

        I wish we could live in ours full time, but I still have to work for
        another 8 or 9 years before I can take early retirement. Until then, it
        will be a vacation home. We stayed in one back in March and just loved
        it - I can't wait to get ours raised. I will post a link to the pics
        once ours is fully assembled and give a full report on our experience.

        Good luck!

      • project@yippee.cc
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2006
          Hello Fran,