sewing in a new window

  • Crappiefisher
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2006
      hi all,
      we received a new window to replace the window that was not created to
      our specifications. has anyone ever sewed on a new window? can i do
      this by hand? or do i need a professional sewing machine?

      no one in the area (i.e. professional canvas workers) will do the
      sewing for us since they did not create the canvas wall, so we are
      stuck doing it ourselves. i've already sewn in screen on the existing
      window (had to replace the vinyl that was there. existing window was a
      flap and vinly window..no screen) and that wasn't too hard, but to
      replace the existing window with the one that we have now (flap,
      vinyl, and screen) i will have to remove the window panel from the
      wall canvas and sew in the new wall panel.

      any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! we don't expect to start
      this until spring when the weather warms up a bit.