Re: Looking for a yurt community or village in the UK

  • Mike Wilson
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
      --- In The_Yurt_Community@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Matthews" <Rob@...> wrote:

      > Hi Mike,
      >
      > In Spain near where I am living there are three communities. Why not
      come to
      > spain?
      >
      > Best wishes
      >
      > Rob

      I'm having second thought about Spain -- do you have time to answer a
      few questions?

      Where are the communities you mentioned? What is the nearest town?

      I'm considering a visit in late Feb or early March. Where is the
      nearest airport? What is the weather like then? How cold do the nights
      get -- what sort of clothing will I need to pack?

      What is the climate like there? How cold does it get in winter, how
      hot in summer? Is there enough rainfall to grow vegetables?

      Will I be able to get some paid work locally? I hope I won't need much
      money, so two or three days a week of unskilled work may be enough. I
      don't imagine I will be able to call on my IT skills until I've learnt
      some Spanish.

      Thanks, Mike
    • eginden2
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
        This seemed like a good thread to post this link on.
        I"m not sure if this a general, open to the public event, or if it's
        just ment for manufactures. It's in France.
        It does have some neat photos. I couldn't see the 2 story Yurt pix. The
        idea sounds cool. Might be a usful site to learn about Europe's Yurt
        Communities.

        http://www.spiritsintent.com/page4.asp