Oh my, where to start!

  • Lucia
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2008
      Hello Everyone,
      My name is Lucia and I'm a newbie. I have been interested in yurts
      since oh... 2002 or so. I'm in the sca and have seen them at Pennsic
      and well, I got hooked. I suppose it's a common story. I have three
      very small kids and two partners and we're looking to take the plunge
      and buy one in the next year or so for our home. I'm wondering if
      anyone is in MA or knows what towns are yurt friendly? What goes into
      getting permitting to put up a yurt? Do I need a general contractor
      or can I just do it myself? Can a yurt roof support pv panels or a
      solar water heater? What is the R-rating on yurt insulation? How
      long does it take to set up for permenant habitation. Does anyone
      know contractors in MA that have done work on a yurt? What else
      should I do before we get going?

      Thanks for all the help!
      Lucia