Forgotten Blue needs new members!

  • Deadra Kolker
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2008

      Hello everyone!  I currently have a rather inactive group that I would like to get going again. However, in order to do that I need some fresh faces to join that can post regularly.  I have included a bit of information about the group in this post.  Feel free to peek about the site.  There are also a few characters that can be adopted if you would like to play a ready-made character. If we need to we can start with a fresh clean slate all the way around, so NOW is the time to join! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.  My contact information is listed below.   If I am unavailable at the time you contact me, don’t worry.  I will get back to you within the day.

      # Name of Board: Forgotten Blue
      # Link to Board: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Forgotten_Blue/
      # RPG Category: Fantasy
      # Contact Details:

          + Yahoo! IM: dark_nightmare_queen
          + AIM: QueenOfRage
          + MSN: dark-portal@...
          + Email: ddkolker@...

      # Activity: Flexible
      # Difficulty: Intermediate (Correct grammar and spelling, posts to be at least 250 words, etc)
      # Rating: PG-13+ (For possible moderate to strong sexuality, language, humor, and/or violence.)
      # Types of Characters/Creatures allowed:  Any type of fantasy creature.  NO mechas, cyborgs, androids, computers, lasers, etc. are allowed.
      # Setting:

      When:
      The story takes place approximately 4,000+ years after the events in the Prologue. Those who were the first, those from Old Home, have long since perished and now their future children thrive on Neo.

      Where:
      The story takes place on a planet called Neo, meaning "new." This planet is very lush and contains an abundance of life. The skies contain two suns: a larger yellow orange one and a much smaller blue one. At night, the two suns vanish, only to be replaced by two moons with a backdrop of a beautiful see of galaxies, nebulae, and glittering stars.

      In this world, magic or mana is a part of every day life. Things such as computer, androids, robots, and the like are unheard of and is beyond the imagination of those who make their home on Neo. There is however, a degree of mechanics in this world. The only major example of this, however, are the flying ships the pirates fly. Unfortunately, only the pirates know how to build and uses these flying ship and they are not about to give up their secrets.

      # Plot/Story:

      Long, long ago the people of Old Home were forced to leave their homes under mysterious circumstances. The journeyed through the realm of Inbetween and found themselves in the Lands of Neo. Adapting to their new homes was hard, and many lost their lives. New things were discovered and old things were lost.

      Today, those from Old Home have long since gone. However, their children’s, children’s, children are alive and well. They know no other life than that on Neo. They co-exist with the creatures and humanoids that were once strange to those from Old Home. As they continued to live on, they began to evolve in order to co-exist more seamlessly with Neo.

      These evolved children from those of Old Home are called "Newlings." Unlike their ancestors, most of them have the ability to use magic. Magic was something that was unheard of in the beginning.

      However, there are still many mysteries that Neo harbors. Discoveries are made routinely. But, there is one mystery that seems to be out of reach. That, my friends, is the mystery of the Lands of the Mystics and it's people. Everyone knows the Mystics exist, but no one has ever seen one, nor have they obtained any proof of their existence....

      Unbeknownst to the populace of Neo, a battle of unfathomable proportions plunges all the lands into chaos every 5,000 years. This battle is always the deciding fate for the future and always, always, means the end for all life. Those who live on Neo never have enough time to learn of this 5,000 year cycle but, perhaps one day, someone will discover the truth in time and fight for their future.