What to Wear to the Job Interview (Monster)

  • Roger Morales, CNSA
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10 1:28 PM

      To ensure delivery of this email please add monster@... to your address book or safe list

      Legal Newsletter

      What to Wear to the Job Interview
      You have a job interview in five minutes. You've learned everything about the company, you're prepared for any questions they might ask and you even arrived a few minutes early. You couldn't be more ready -- but when you stop in the restroom for a mirror check, you question yourself: "Am I dressed the way I should be for this interview?" Learn how to select the appropriate attire.
      Click to continue
      Manage a Toxic Employee
      Today's workplace is full of horror stories about employees who work for toxic bosses, but what happens when a manager is in charge of a toxic employee? While termination seems like the simple solution, it's not always that easy. Learn what makes a toxic employee tick and how to take control of the situation.
      Click to continue

      Heard on the Boards: Don't Want to Look Like a Job-Hopper
      Monster member kalaj1960 posts: Here's the problem with how to format my resume: The first job I had for more than 12 years, and it was with a good company. I did well there, but I was laid off from that job in '98. Since then, I've either not worked, had part-time or temp jobs, or have had jobs that have lasted less than a year (not my doing -- either the company shut down, the industry slowed down, or as with my current position, they'll be eliminating this position soon). I've also never really had the kinds of jobs where I can put numeric results to my work. I can't "prove" I increased sales or anything like that. But I have a college degree, first-rate communication and technical skills, and everyone I've worked for has liked me. So, the challenge is, how do I construct a resume that has one great job more than 10 years ago, but after that a series of dead-end jobs I wasn't able to make into anything? My resume will make me look like I'm a job-hopper when I really don't want to come across that way.
      Join the discussion
      What to Do When You've Outgrown Your Job
      You've been in your job for several months now and are doing tasks far above your job description. Yet you feel your boss is oblivious to the fact that you've moved way beyond the duties you were originally hired to do. How can you get not only recognition, but also a raise and new title?
      Click to continue
      Prepare Your Elevator Speech
      How many times have you been unable to find the right words in an impromptu situation? Selling yourself on command can be tough, particularly when you have to do it in a short bit of time. This is why you should develop an elevator speech, or a sound bite that details your professional story, before you need it. Follow these pointers to craft one.
      Click to continue
      Fly Under the Radar to Absorb Delicate Office Politics
      Politics will affect you in your work from day one, no matter what type of job you have or what industry you're in. So it's important to not only be aware of politics, but to know what to do about political situations in your workplace.
      Click to continue
      From the Monster Blog: Stay Well at Work
      Monster Blogger Christine posts: People seem to be getting sick a lot this year. My 1-year-old son has had one bug or another for weeks, everyone I know has a cold or the stomach flu, and I’m just knocking on wood that I stay well. Among other factors, the cooped-up environment of an office in winter is a breeding ground for germs, meaning illnesses can make the rounds quite easily. Besides relying on luck or superstition, you can take other steps to help ward off getting sick. The best way to stay healthy is, of course, to keep washing your hands. But here are three other healthy nuggets of wisdom that bear repeating: Stay three feet away from your coworkers...
      Read more and respond
      Lawrence 'Lucky' Leprechaun's Resume
      According to legend, leprechauns are small, mischievous Irish men who work as shoemakers and guard the pot of gold at the end of every rainbow. With St. Patrick’s Day coming up, many of these wee lads are looking for work, so The Resume Expert put together a resume sample to help them -- and you -- out. Check out Lawrence “Lucky” Leprechaun’s resume here.
      Click to continue

      Check out additional Monster Industry newsletters.

      Monster respects your online time and privacy. If you no longer wish to receive the Monster Industry newsletter please click here and submit your request.

      Requests for unsubscribing or for changing preferences can be made only by clicking on the link above and may take up to 10 days to take effect.

      Questions? Email us directly by clicking here. Please do not reply to this email.

      To read the Monster Privacy Commitment, visit http://about.monster.com/privacy/.

      Monster, 5 Clock Tower Place, Ste 500, Maynard, MA 01754

      Add monster@... to your address book to ensure delivery of Monster emails.

      Copyright 2009 Monster. All Rights Reserved.