What job portal do you use to look for Paralegal Jobs?

  • R
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 24, 2008
      What job portal do you use to search for paralegal jobs?
    • Charlene Healy
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 24, 2008

        I’ve found the more professional positions are on Career Builders!

        Charlene

        What job portal do you use to search for paralegal jobs?

      • Heather R.
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 24, 2008
          Ditto for Career Builder.

          Heather R in Boulder, CO

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 24, 2008
            I've used career builder as well however, most of the jobs there seem
            to be for more metropolitan areas. Since I live in what many would
            term a relatively rural area (approx. 70,000), I've seen more area jobs
            posted on local sites such as JobNet (hosted by Wisconsin's Dept. of
            Workforce Develop.) and Wisconsin Job Center. Most of the employers in
            the area (unless they are large companies like ShopKo or Schneider) use
            the local ones.

            Jessie
            Appleton, WI

            --- In The_Paralegals_Network@yahoogroups.com, "R" <roger300m@...>
            wrote:

            > What job portal do you use to search for paralegal jobs?

          • Roger Morales, CNSA
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 24, 2008
              Thanks for your response I am looking on Career Builder's site and its a great resource for paralegal jobs.

              Thanks.

              --
              Roger Morales, CNSA, Paralegal
            • Gayle Panter
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 24, 2008

                I have found that if you go to the local Bar Associations as well as your State Bar Directory and look for attorneys in your zip code and just forward an e-mail cover letter as well as your resume, I received more interviews as job offers then responding to ads on CareerBuilder, Monster, etc.  I would find a senior attorney (they have more pull in the hiring process) and just forward a resume (even if there is no known position available).  I have even received responses stating that they did not have a position but they had a friend with another law firm who was looking for a paralegal and would I mind if they forwarded my resume.  I have even received phone calls a couple of years later from attorneys who I had forwarded a copy of my resume contact me about a job opening.  (They still had my old resume).

                At least here in the Atlanta area, a lot of the law firms are straying away from using legal recruiters (I am sure it is due to cost), so the Recruiters tend to all post the same position (do they have the job order or are they just posting a "come on in" job ad??)

                IMHO, I think how one looks for a paralegal position will be dependent upon the area in which you live and what job board medium the law firms/corporations are using to hire potential candidates.

                The most common of course is via networking.  Most legal positions are not even listed.  A paralegal or legal secretary finds a position elsewhere and once he/she turns in their notice, will put the word out of the job opening.

                Just my 25 cents worth.

                Gayle in Atlanta

              • Roger Morales, CNSA

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 24, 2008
                    There is also Law Ladders

                    http://tinyurl.com/6mslpm

                    Need more Business Join Merchant Circle
                    http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/North.Port.Notary.Services.941-875-2959

                    Need a Free webs site with pictures ,graphics and all
                    http://northportnotaryservices.weebly.com

                    Join Active Rain

                    http://activerain.com/bridget50
                    http://localism.com/agents /bridget50

                    Bridget Bergeron's Rapleaf Score

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 24, 2008
                      Thanks Bridget.

                      On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Bridget <jaye412@...> wrote:

                      There is also Law Ladders

                      http://tinyurl.com/6mslpm

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 24, 2008
                          Im fine trying to jump from this forum to my notaries public forum. Its draining. How are you doing long time. Are you still with us on my notary boards?

                            Message 13 of 13 , Jun 24, 2008
                              I know there is always drama there.