RE: [The_Paralegals_Network] Casey Anthony Trial

  • Charlene Healy
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 28, 2011

      You cannot convict on what you “think” about her, it comes down to did they prove that SHE killed the child without a reasonable doubt.  I don’t believe that they did that although I think she is a horrible person who at the very least covered up whatever accident or murder she was involved in with the child.  BUT, from what I have seen, there is reasonable doubt……

      Charlene

      I think the jury is going to convict her. I mean really who waits 31 days to report a child missing, not to mention it wasn't Casey that reported her missing, it was her mother. The defense rests tomorrow we shall see with bated breath.

    • RM
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5, 2011
        I with you on that!Reasonable doubt is the name of this game. Lets see what the jury comeback with. Oh how long do you think the jury is going to take in deliberating this case?

        --- In The_Paralegals_Network@yahoogroups.com, "Charlene Healy" <chealy@...> wrote:

        > You cannot convict on what you "think" about her, it comes down to did
        > they prove that SHE killed the child without a reasonable doubt. I
        > don't believe that they did that although I think she is a horrible
        > person who at the very least covered up whatever accident or murder she
        > was involved in with the child. BUT, from what I have seen, there is
        > reasonable doubt......
        >

        > Charlene
        >
        > ________________________________

      • robertl
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2011
          I have mostly been annoyed about how much attention this has gotten. Not that I mind it being on the court channel, but on stations I watch like HLN. But now that it has come to the end I'm interested.

          It is hard to come away without doubt about her guilt at some level. And I'm sure some of you have heard more detailed evidence than I have but the brief snippet of the closing statements from the defense makes me believe that the jury will have a hard time opting for guilty for capital murder. My bet is for some kind of compromise- either 2nd or manslaughter.

          I just hope that if she really did was the prosecution says that she will be found guilty on all charges.

          One question is on the jury instructions. When I observed this recently in another trial there was a lot of input from the attorneys on the instructions. Did that happen here?
        • rjma
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 5, 2011
            Well, if looks like she gets to walk.  Maybe she'll marry OJ.  Wouldn't that be great for the tabs?  So who pays for this defense team?  Or is it all pro bono for the PR it gets them.
            Robert
            I with you on that!Reasonable doubt is the name of this game. Lets see what the jury comeback with. Oh how long do you think the jury is going to take in deliberating this case?

            --- In The_Paralegals_Network@yahoogroups.com, "Charlene Healy" <chealy@...> wrote:

            > You cannot convict on what you "think" about her, it comes down to did
            > they prove that SHE killed the child without a reasonable doubt. I
            > don't believe that they did that although I think she is a horrible
            > person who at the very least covered up whatever accident or murder she
            > was involved in with the child. BUT, from what I have seen, there is
            > reasonable doubt......
            >

            > Charlene

          • Charlene Healy
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 5, 2011

              I’m sure she had a public defender which means WE paid for her defense although I sure hope they didn’t do it for the PR!  They did a terrible job!!!

              Charlene