Executive Assistant job opening (w/ legal bkgrnd preferred) - Oakland, CA

  • josie_morgado
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2010
      Hi everyone - I just opened up this job opportunity today. If you or someone you know is interested, please go here http://cannbe.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-105741.html and apply! Please do NOT email me directly. You'll need to go through the website please. Thank you!

      Location: Oakland, CA
      Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt
      Employment Type: Full Time
      Department: Executive Team

      Company Summary:

      CannBe is helping develop and advance the medical cannabis industry by implementing positive model dispensaries alongside like-minded entrepreneurs. CannBe is led by an impressive team experienced in developing nonprofit organizations, including the renowned Harborside Health Center in Oakland and Sebastopol's Peace in Medicine. Our unstoppable team is comprised of experts in law, government relations, dispensary launch, operations, and organization development.
      CannBe is evolving, developing, growing and so, too, is our team. We need talented individuals who can bridge the gap of design thinking and strategy ‐ believers, dreamers, thinkers and doers. Because we are a start-up company, we look for applicants that are independent, dynamic, flexible, and those who embrace change. People who understand the dynamics of a start-up and are motivated to take action and implement structure and strategy where needed would do well at CannBe. We seek to embody an open, collaborative, communicative workplace where teamwork is fostered and encouraged. Our organization is for those who are ready to dedicate 110% to the dream that we have a powerful role in developing the medical cannabis industry into one of professionalism and benefit to the community.

      The reasons CannBe is a great place to work at are as diverse as the people who work here. If you're searching for a thriving and exciting work environment where collaboratively we are making a lasting and positive impact in communities, please consider applying at CannBe today!

      Follow the rest of CannBe's story at www.CannBe.com and view a full list of our awesome job opportunities at http://cannbe.iapplicants.com

      Duties: Bring your energy and enthusiasm to the Executive Assistant role which primarily supports our Chief Legal Officer (CLO). S/he may also take direction from multiple sources within the organization. The Executive Assistant will support the CLO by managing and tracking various projects, managing his calendar, attending meetings with the CLO and taking concise, detailed notes. The Executive Assistant will take on projects of all sizes and duration, while expertly maintaining daily administrative demands. S/he will be proficient in managing time, expectations, and communication. Our favorite candidate will show grace under pressure and the ability to thrive in a fast‐paced, intense, and dynamic work environment. This is an excellent opportunity for an initiative‐taking administrative professional who wants to take part in shaping the medical cannabis community.
      Key components of the Executive Assistant position would include:

      Support CLO with email, calendar, and contact database management.
      Maintain extremely accurate calendar - schedule appointments, court hearings, client meetings, etc.
      Support CLO in management of tasks and preparation time, blocking appropriate time on calendar, and preparing related materials..
      Communicate regularly by phone, email and in-person with clients, attorneys and company colleagues.
      Take clear meeting notes, communicate and follow up with action items.
      Maintain fast and professional correspondence – writing letters and emails, returning e-mails and phone calls, drafting of legal correspondence, briefings, legal documents, etc.
      Follow-up with other departments to ensure CLO is responded to in a timely fashion.
      Review and monitor new and updated regulations.
      Check legal forms and documents for accuracy.
      Keep all legal files current
      Create and submit accurate and timely expense reports.
      Perform clerical tasks such as making copies, preparing mail, processing received mail, taking phone messages, filing, and faxing.
      Setup booths and represent CannBe at conferences and events.
      Organize the office – must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
      All other duties as assigned.

      Qualifications: Required Skills/Knowledge/Abilities:

      Bachelor's Degree and/or paralegal certificate are highly desired as well as any law firm experience.
      High level of proficiency with MS Office, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel. Familiarity with PC and MAC environments.
      Ability to interact effectively & regularly with a number of internal and external stakeholders; very strong phone skills and a proactive problem-solving approach required.
      Ability to conduct thorough research.
      Strong business acumen, critical thinking and analytical skills.
      High level of patience and flexibility.
      Ability to integrate a great deal of new information concerning legal requirements, filing procedures, client information and calendaring.
      Ability to display a professional demeanor when dealing with clients, government officials, and prospective clients.
      Ability to pay very close attention to detail and maintain highest degree of accuracy.
      Ability to accurately cross-check and validate information.
      Ability to work independently, as well as with the staff and the public.
      Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving, and decision making skills.
      Ability to adhere to the highest customer service standards with all internal and external customers.
      Excellent ability to multitask efficiently, while taking direction from multiple sources.
      Ability to be resourceful, energetic, and get along well with others.
      Ability to take on more responsibility as the company continues to grow
      Notes:

      This role is fulltime, and then some
      May require travel
      Qualified candidates should expect to pass:

      A background check
      A typing skills test
      Proficiency test for Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
      Several rounds of interviews
      Application Instructions:

      All applicants MUST submit:

      Cover letter: limit to one page please.
      Resume: limit to two pages please.
      CannBe provides a competitive, comprehensive and cost-effective benefits program for you to choose from:

      Medical (HMO & PPO choices)
      Lumenos HSA (a PPO with Health Savings Account feature)
      Guardian Dental
      Vision Service Plan (VSP)
      Additional Life Insurance
      Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability
      Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
      Accident Solution Plan
      Cancer Indemnity Plan
      Pre-Paid Legal
      Identity Theft Plan
      Flex Spending Account (FSA)
      Dependant Care FSA
      Transportation Incentive Program (TIP)
      Paid Time Off (PTO) bank for vacation and sick days
      Twelve and a half Paid Holidays
      We value people and it shows in everything we do. That's why we offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To become part of our dynamic world and learn more about this exciting position, we encourage you to make your move now and visit us online to submit your cover letter and resume at http://CannBe.iApplicants.com

      We are an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming individuals of diverse talents and backgrounds.