File - Cafe Groups Posting Tips & Guidelines

  • The_Cafe_Groups@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 113 , May 1, 2012
      Cafe Groups Posting Tips and Group Guidelines

      ***TIPS & SUGGESTIONS***

      *Be as descriptive as you can in the Subject Line. This allows MANY MORE Members in your Community to view your post and know what you're posting. A generalized post just mentioning Offer or ISO without any other info in the Subject Line may become unseen my most of our Members, as most Members receive post via email. The more descriptive you are in the subject line, the more exposure you will receive!

      *Be as descriptive as you can in the CONTENT of your posts. This will help you in the long run, as it gives more necessary information to the message viewers, and can result in less emails(questions). Things to remember could be: color, size, dimensions, use, age, mileage, year, documentation, condition/damage/flaws, availability, location, contact information, etc.

      *Location. Placing a City/Location in the Subject Line of your post is very important! If there is no room in the Subject Line, we suggest at least placing it in the content of your post/message. We do not "require" locations, as it only helps the Member submitting the post. Without a general location, many may not respond as they may think it is not worth your time or theirs.

      *Using Wanted, ISO, WTB. As many of us know, posts in the WANTED format have become disliked by many in the Toledo/Michigan area. So, if you're looking to obtain an item at no-charge, may we suggest using ISO, as it is appeared much more friendly to many. Posting a Wanted is fine if you do not do it very often, but you take the chance of others categorizing you. ISO is preferred by many. Also, are you LOOKING TO BUY/PURCHASE an item? You're going to be best off to use the WTB format. WTB stands for Wanted To Buy or Wanted To Borrow. For example, if you're looking to purchase a new digital Sony camcorder, by posting Wanted, you take the chance of only 10% of the Members looking at your post, even if someone has one for sale. If you use WTB, you will have the best chance of finding what you're looking for as many more are likely to read your request. You can also use ISO if you're looking to buy/purchase/borrow.

      *If you're submitting a post for something that may have several terminologies, as others may not know it by "your term" but as something else, it is a good idea to use a more generalized term. For example: if you're selling a Cherry Picker, you may want to use the term Engine Hoist in the Subject Line, and the word cherry picker, or both, in the post itself.

      *Spelling/Grammar: It is always A PLUS to try and use proper grammar and spelling, as this helps many make a generalized visual interpretation of the posting Member. Again, not required, but suggested as it will only "help" you.

      * Do YOURSELF and Others a *BIG* favor, and be as user-friendly as possible. This will help you in many ways in the long run. All of the "tips" mentioned above are purely suggestions to help you have the best experience possible in the Cafe Groups!

      *Emails: Do you like them? Do you hate them? You can always edit your Membership in every Yahoo Group by selecting your email preference in Email Settings. The setting must be done while you're actually on the Groups Site, and will only pertain to that Group. If you dont mind many email, you can select INDIVIDUAL EMAIL. If you prefer less emails, say one or two per day max, select DAILY DIGEST. Keep in mind that with the Daily Digest option, many of the post included may be outdated by the time you receive the Digest or visit the Group. If you select Daily Digest, we suggest visiting the Group several times per day if you're interested in being "the first" to know or get something! WE STRONGLY SUGGEST NOT selecting the No Email option. The reasoning behind this is that if we, The Group Admin, send out a Special Notice to the Group regarding site changes, etc, you will not receive it nor be aware of it, unless you watch every post in the Group by visiting the site. Failure to receive a Group change, etc, could easily result in posting incorrectly to the Group, which could lead to a Strike or even Membership Loss without notice.

      *Group PHOTO SECTION. We allow Group Members access to the Group Photo section, which is GREAT for displaying pics/items you have for sale, services you offer, a businesscard type advertisement, items you looking for, community events, etc. All that we ask is you create a specific ALBUM for your account, place all of your pictures there, and keep all photos up to do. Members are permitted to have a reasonable amount of albums, if needed. Each album may contain a different topic(ex. for sale, ISO, Boat Show Pics, etc). NO PERSONAL PICTURES ARE PERMITTED.

      ***GROUP POSTING GUIDELINES***

      *Always use Proper Posting Format. We're not being picky here, as this just helps keep everything running smooth, helps Members know what your post is about, and helps you receive more views to your posts. Proper Posting Format is described on the Main Page of this Cafe Group. Format consists of using: FS, For Sale, ISO, Services, Wanted To Borrow, Borrow, Barter/Trade, Recipe Exchange, INFO, OFFER, PENDING, TAKEN, RECEIVED, SOLD, etc. If you're not sure what format to use, feel free to contact us. By not using the proper format, can result in many Members not reading your post. Group Admin can edit posts accordingly if they feel the need, which is done to help the exposure/effectiveness of your posts.

      *Please keep all posts within your area. We look to see that posts do not range say 45-50 miles outside of the Groups coverage area. The Community prefers to see "local" posts. If you post to one Group and your outside of the 45-50 mile area, we may deny your post and suggest a Cafe closer to you. We DO NOT allow any posts that are outside of the NW Ohio, SE MI, NE IN area. Indiana posts can only be submitted under certain circumstances pre-approved by the Group Admin.

      * We allow ONE similar/identical non-commercial post per any 7-day period. The exception here would be posting a PENDING, TAKEN, SOLD or RECEIVED. So, if you're posting an Item For Sale, an ISO or Wanted, Offer, Info, Garage Sale, or any other type of non-commercial post, please allow a 7-day period to elapse before reposting or "updating". For example, if you have an item for sale and you want to run it at a particular price today, but decide to lower the price in two days, you must wait until the 8th day to re-post.

      *We allow ONE similar/identical COMMERCIAL post per any 30-day period. The only exception would be by Group Admin Pre-Approval under certain circumstances only.

      *If you have a Commerical Post that you would like submitted every month, email the Group Admin. We can take the work off of your hands by setting up your message to post at the beginning of every month AUTOMATICALLY. This is considered a Members Monthly Posts. Once you're in the Group for 30+ days, you will notice at the beginning of each month, a variety of posts being submitted, such as Services Offered, and Group Guidelines. These are automatically distributed by our server.

      *Any post that we feel is inappropriate in any way can be rejected, deleted, or denied by the Group Admin at any time, without prior notice. A result of this may be a Membership Strike and/or Immediate/Indefinite Membership Loss, or Posting Privilege Suspension.

      *All posts must be appropriate for all ages(as this is a Community Group), must be of legal content, and cannot be used in a deceiving fashion to attract viewers/Members. The act of deceiving Group Members and/or Group Admin may result in Immediate/Indefinite Membership Loss.

      *One Cafe Account per household per one specific Cafe. Several Accounts under one household/same address may result in Posting Privilege Suspension, A Membership Strike, and/or Immediate/Indefinite Membership Loss. Any/all exceptions must be pre-approved by the Group Admin.

      *As of 2008, we currently have seven Cafe Groups that cover all of NW Ohio and SE Michigan. Members can choose to be a Member of one Cafe, Several Cafes, or all of the Cafes. We strongly suggest using the Yahoo ID/Email Account for all of the Cafes you belong to. For example, if you belong to 5 of the 7 Cafes, please do not use 5 different identities/email addresses, as this can be viewed as a form of deception and could result in Membership Loss.

      This is a generalized list of Cafe Group Posting Tips and Group Guidelines. Group Guidelines are subject to change at any time, without prior notice. Group changes will be distributed through the Group Message System, if/when they occur.

      THANK YOU FOR BEING PART OF THE CAFE COMMUNITY!!!
      Your Friendly Cafe Groups ADMIN TEAM

      Note: if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions at any time regarding a Cafe Group, a Group Member, an Email, etc... please do not hesitate to email us at eDrop1com@...

      Document Update: 4-15-08
    • The_Cafe_Groups@yahoogroups.com