More House Blather

  • robert_e_bailey
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 7 1:35 PM
      Hello to all,

      Anyone wishing to see inside Art and Wendy's house may visit
      michiganoutdoorproperties.com click on Kent County, then Slayton Lake.
      The kitchen is featured in PRIVATE HEAT. The bathroom figured into
      DYING EMBERS. The deck was in both books.

      Best,

      Bob
    • BEAUVALLET@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 7 4:34 PM
        In a message dated 8/7/2006 4:47:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, robertebailey@... writes:
        Hello to all,

        Anyone wishing to see inside Art and Wendy's house may visit
        michiganoutdoorprop erties.com click on Kent County, then Slayton Lake.
        The kitchen is featured in PRIVATE HEAT. The bathroom figured into
        DYING EMBERS. The deck was in both books.

        Best,

        Bob
        .
        Geez, what a nice place. Wish I could hit the lottery!

        Cheers,
        Naomi
      • Robert Bailey
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 7 5:34 PM
          Hi Naomi,

          Fantastic to hear from you. Hope all is well in the Columbus area. I need
          to hit the lottery too. If I sell the house I should just about have gas
          money to get to Virginia. Glad you like the house. Nice you could see some
          of the places that Art and Wendy inhabit--if only in my mind.

          Best,

          Bob

          >From: BEAUVALLET@...
          >To: The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club] More House Blather
          >Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 19:34:30 EDT
          >

          >In a message dated 8/7/2006 4:47:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          >robertebailey@... writes:
          >
          >Hello to all,
          >
          >Anyone wishing to see inside Art and Wendy's house may visit
          >michiganoutdoorpropmichiganoutdoorprop<WBR>erties.com click on Kent County
          >The kitchen is featured in PRIVATE HEAT. The bathroom figured into
          >DYING EMBERS. The deck was in both books.
          >
          >Best,
          >
          >Bob
          >

          >.
          >Geez, what a nice place. Wish I could hit the lottery!
          >
          >Cheers,
          >Naomi
        • Anita
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 8 5:16 AM
            Bob,
            The house is beautiful. You have done a great job on your re doing it. Sure wish I could afford something like that.
            Anita

            > From: "Robert Bailey" <robertebailey@...>
            > Date: 2006/08/07 Mon PM 08:34:57 EDT
            > To: The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: Re: [The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club] More House Blather
            >
            > Hi Naomi,
            >
            > Fantastic to hear from you. Hope all is well in the Columbus area. I need
            > to hit the lottery too. If I sell the house I should just about have gas
            > money to get to Virginia. Glad you like the house. Nice you could see some
            > of the places that Art and Wendy inhabit--if only in my mind.
            >
            > Best,
            >
            > Bob
            >

            > >From: BEAUVALLET@...
            > >To: The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: Re: [The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club] More House Blather
            > >Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 19:34:30 EDT
            > >

            > >In a message dated 8/7/2006 4:47:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            > >robertebailey@... writes:
            > >
            > >Hello to all,
            > >
            > >Anyone wishing to see inside Art and Wendy's house may visit
            > >michiganoutdoorpropmichiganoutdoorprop<WBR>erties.com click on Kent County
            > >The kitchen is featured in PRIVATE HEAT. The bathroom figured into
            > >DYING EMBERS. The deck was in both books.
            > >
            > >Best,
            > >
            > >Bob
            > >

            > >.
            > >Geez, what a nice place. Wish I could hit the lottery!
            > >
            > >Cheers,
            > >Naomi

          • Robert Bailey
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 8 6:02 AM
              Hi Anita,

              Great to hear from you.

              I spent so much money doing the job I can't afford the house, either. I do
              have the satisfaction of the time I spent working with my sons and the hope
              that my wife's spirit is at rest--she was livid about the condition the
              house had fallen too, before we did the remodel. Also, I will know that I
              have left the house in far better condition than I found it back in 1979.

              We raised three boys here. I hope another family can have the same
              experience.

              Best,

              Bob

              >From: Anita <albaldwin43@...>
              >To: <The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: Re: Re: [The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club] More House Blather
              >Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 8:16:03 -0400
              >
              >Bob,
              >The house is beautiful. You have done a great job on your re doing it.
              >Sure wish I could afford something like that.
              >Anita
              >

              > > From: "Robert Bailey" <robertebailey@...>
              > > Date: 2006/08/07 Mon PM 08:34:57 EDT
              > > To: The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club@yahoogroups.com
              > > Subject: Re: [The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club] More House Blather
              > >
              > > Hi Naomi,
              > >
              > > Fantastic to hear from you. Hope all is well in the Columbus area. I
              >need
              > > to hit the lottery too. If I sell the house I should just about have
              >gas
              > > money to get to Virginia. Glad you like the house. Nice you could see
              >some
              > > of the places that Art and Wendy inhabit--if only in my mind.
              > >
              > > Best,
              > >
              > > Bob
              > >

              > > >From: BEAUVALLET@...
              > > >To: The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club@yahoogroups.com
              > > >Subject: Re: [The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club] More House Blather
              > > >Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 19:34:30 EDT
              > > >

              > > >In a message dated 8/7/2006 4:47:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
              > > >robertebailey@... writes:
              > > >
              > > >Hello to all,
              > > >
              > > >Anyone wishing to see inside Art and Wendy's house may visit
              > > >michiganoutdoorpropmichiganoutdoorprop<WBR>erties.com click on Kent
              >County
              > > >The kitchen is featured in PRIVATE HEAT. The bathroom figured into
              > > >DYING EMBERS. The deck was in both books.
              > > >
              > > >Best,
              > > >
              > > >Bob
              > > >

              > > >.
              > > >Geez, what a nice place. Wish I could hit the lottery!
              > > >
              > > >Cheers,
              > > >Naomi

            • Victoria Ewald
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 8 7:10 AM
                --- Robert Bailey <robertebailey@...> wrote:

                > We raised three boys here. I hope another family
                > can have the same
                > experience.
                >
                > Best,
                >
                > Bob

                Hi Bob,

                That is exactly why we have the house that we have
                now. Mom died here, dad died a year later, and the
                three children wanted a family to have the house....so
                they took our bid back in 1989. Love stayis in a house
                making it a home.

                Best wishes for you on the sale,
                Vickie

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Robert Bailey
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 8 7:29 AM
                  Hi Vickie,

                  I hope the love stayed--because we ripped everything else out and had it
                  hauled away in a dumpster.

                  Best,

                  Bob

                  >From: Victoria Ewald <ve48154@...>
                  >To: The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: Re: Re: [The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club] More House Blather
                  >Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 07:10:04 -0700 (PDT)
                  >

                  >--- Robert Bailey <robertebailey@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > We raised three boys here. I hope another family
                  > > can have the same
                  > > experience.
                  > >
                  > > Best,
                  > >
                  > > Bob
                  > >
                  >Hi Bob,
                  >
                  >That is exactly why we have the house that we have
                  >now. Mom died here, dad died a year later, and the
                  >three children wanted a family to have the house....so
                  >they took our bid back in 1989. Love stayis in a house
                  >making it a home.
                  >
                  >Best wishes for you on the sale,
                  >Vickie

                  >http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Victoria Ewald
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 8 8:55 AM
                    Hello Bob,

                    I don't think that I need to tell you that the spirit
                    of love lives on forever. The love that raised 3 boys
                    in your house will never be hauled away with any
                    remodeling project.

                    Knows about love,
                    Vickie

                    --- Robert Bailey <robertebailey@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Vickie,
                    >
                    > I hope the love stayed--because we ripped everything
                    > else out and had it
                    > hauled away in a dumpster.
                    >
                    > Best,
                    >
                    > Bob
                    >

                    > >From: Victoria Ewald <ve48154@...>
                    > >To: The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club@yahoogroups.com
                    > >Subject: Re: Re: [The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club] More
                    > House Blather
                    > >Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 07:10:04 -0700 (PDT)
                    > >

                    > >--- Robert Bailey <robertebailey@...>
                    > wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > We raised three boys here. I hope another
                    > family
                    > > > can have the same
                    > > > experience.
                    > > >
                    > > > Best,
                    > > >
                    > > > Bob
                    > > >
                    > >Hi Bob,
                    > >
                    > >That is exactly why we have the house that we have
                    > >now. Mom died here, dad died a year later, and the
                    > >three children wanted a family to have the
                    > house....so
                    > >they took our bid back in 1989. Love stayis in a
                    > house
                    > >making it a home.
                    > >
                    > >Best wishes for you on the sale,
                    > >Vickie

                    > protection around
                    > >http://mail.yahoo.com

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Robert Bailey
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 8 9:37 AM
                      Hi Vickie,

                      I think you are right about that. I wish my wife could see the place. My
                      oldest son is out here to enjoy the lake (like I would let him quit working
                      to get wet, ha!) with his family, complete with two yeard old granddaughter
                      whose laughter is filling the house with joy.

                    • Victoria Ewald
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 8 1:09 PM
                        Hi Bob,

                        The great joy in my life is the laughter of my sons.
                        How blessed to have a second generation of Bailey
                        laughter.

                        Smiling,
                        Vickie

                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • Robert Bailey
                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 8 1:58 PM
                          Hi Vickie,

                          We have a great new shot of the front of the house on the Michigan Outdoor
                          Properties Site.

                        • Victoria Ewald
                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 9 2:59 AM
                            Good Morning Bob,

                            Great pictures. I posted the link to them on delphi,
                            and emailed the link to my husband. lol.

                            Have a great Wednesday,
                            Vickie

                            --- Robert Bailey <robertebailey@...> wrote:

                            > Hi Vickie,
                            >
                            > We have a great new shot of the front of the house
                            > on the Michigan Outdoor
                            > Properties Site.
                            >
                            > Best,
                            >
                            > Bob

                            http://mail.yahoo.com
                          • Robert Bailey
                            Message 13 of 16 , Aug 9 6:06 AM
                              Hi Vickie,

                              Glad you like. The first shot was a little far away, no garage, couldn't
                              see the lake--other than that , it was a real sales tool.

                              Best,

                              Bob

                              >From: Victoria Ewald <ve48154@...>
                              >To: The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club@yahoogroups.com
                              >Subject: Re: Re: [The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club] More House Blather
                              >Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 02:59:41 -0700 (PDT)
                              >
                              >Good Morning Bob,
                              >
                              >Great pictures. I posted the link to them on delphi,
                              >and emailed the link to my husband. lol.
                              >
                              >Have a great Wednesday,
                              >Vickie
                              >
                              >--- Robert Bailey <robertebailey@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > > Hi Vickie,
                              > >
                              > > We have a great new shot of the front of the house
                              > > on the Michigan Outdoor
                              > > Properties Site.
                              > >
                              > > Best,
                              > >
                              > > Bob

                              >http://mail.yahoo.com
                            • Robert Bailey
                              Message 14 of 16 , Aug 9 1:43 PM
                                >From: BEAUVALLET@...
                                >To: The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club@yahoogroups.com
                                >Subject: Re: [The_Art_Hardin_Fan_Club] More House Blather
                                >Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 19:34:30 EDT
                                >

                                >In a message dated 8/7/2006 4:47:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                                >robertebailey@... writes:
                                >
                                >Hello to all,
                                >
                                >Anyone wishing to see inside Art and Wendy's house may visit
                                >michiganoutdoorpropmichiganoutdoorprop<WBR>erties.com click on Kent County
                                >The kitchen is featured in PRIVATE HEAT. The bathroom figured into
                                >DYING EMBERS. The deck was in both books.
                                >
                                >Best,
                                >
                                >Bob
                                >

                                >.
                                >Geez, what a nice place. Wish I could hit the lottery!
                                >
                                >Cheers,
                                >Naomi
                              • Robert Bailey
                                Message 15 of 16 , Aug 9 1:56 PM
                                  Hi Naomi,

                                  I am such a shit. Slow, I mean. I just read your May 21 review of John
                                  Sandford's new novel, DEAD WATCH. I cannot thank you enough for your
                                  mention of PRIVATE HEAT and DYING EMBERS in that review. Giant HUG. Honest
                                  to God, that was the kindest and most thoughtful for you to do. Art and
                                  Wendy thank you. Linda and I hope to see you at Foul Play when DEAD BANG
                                  comes out.

                                  Giant Thanx,

                                  Best,

                                  Bob

                                • BEAUVALLET@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Aug 9 7:58 PM
                                    In a message dated 8/9/2006 5:01:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, robertebailey@... writes:
                                    Hi Naomi,

                                    I am such a shit. Slow, I mean. I just read your May 21 review of John
                                    Sandford's new novel, DEAD WATCH. I cannot thank you enough for your
                                    mention of PRIVATE HEAT and DYING EMBERS in that review. Giant HUG. Honest
                                    to God, that was the kindest and most thoughtful for you to do. Art and
                                    Wendy thank you. Linda and I hope to see you at Foul Play when DEAD BANG
                                    comes out.

                                    Giant Thanx,

                                    Best,

                                    Bob

                                    .
                                    .
                                    Bob,

                                    Wouldn'ta said it if I dint mean it! If you've read any of my negative reviews you know how unforgiving I can be if I don't like a book! So I didn't mention you to be kind, I just think that folks who like Sandford's faster/better books will like yours, too. Hope somebody takes me up on it, and checks your books out.

                                    I missed a trip up to Foul Play to their book club tonight, life has just been too stressful recently to add to my woes by attending a reading by -- oh geez -- an author whose book I was rather rough with in an amazon review. Probably healthier for me to stay away, because he might figure out I'm "THAT" b!tch and try to do me physical injury. Or worse.

                                    But when you're there, I'll be there. Durn, I want autographs and photos! Not to mention the NEW book! Don't remember if I said or not, but I loved the intro and was happy to hear the publisher (wisely) restored it for publication!

                                    Cheers,
                                    Naomi