IT IS FOR YOUR GOOD!

  • Bayo Afolaranmi
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2008

      Dearly Beloved,

      IT IS FOR YOUR GOOD!

      "For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome" (Jeremiah 29:11, AMP).

      "It is good that one should hope in and wait quietly for the salvation (the safety and ease) of the Lord" (Lamentations 3:26, AMP).

      Since about four weeks ago that my wife decided to nurture the chicks that suddenly became motherless through the mysterious death of their mother hen, I have continued to learn more lessons of life. One of such lessons is the way God handles our situation, especially when we do not like such way.

      My wife does not allow the motherless chicks to move freely around outside our residence when she is not at home to monitor their movement. Therefore, she normally confines them to an enclosure. Whenever this happens, they normally make pathetic noises. The moment they are released, the joy of freedom is seen in them as they move freely around our courtyard to look for what they could eat on their own. One day, when my wife was not at home, out of pity for these chicks, one of our children released them from their enclosure. Alas, one of the chicks fall prey to a hawk. If the other chicks could reason, they would have blamed the person that carelessly released them, and appreciated my wife that always confines them to safety and allows them to move out freely under her watchful eyes. They would have known that their confinement is for their good.

      God, at times, relates with us in a similar way! He "confines" us into His will and purpose so that no evil will befall us. He releases us to be free to do what we want when He knows that there is no danger ahead of us, or when He is ready to watch over us. In such cases of "confinements," we may be groaning and praying that He should release us, but He will not if it is not for our good. Any attempt for us to do things against His will and purpose may have adverse consequences.

      Have you been praying that God should do something for you, and He has not done it? Probably He is keeping you in His will and purpose for your life, and waiting for the appropriate time to answer the prayer in His own way. Do not be dismayed. It is for your good!

      In His service,

      Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).

      "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. FOR TO ME, TO LIVE IS CHRIST AND TO DIE IS GAIN" (Philippians 1:20-21, NIV).

    • Bayo Afolaranmi
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2015
        Dearly Beloved,
[...]
        Have you been praying that God should do something for you, and He has not done it? Probably He is keeping you in His will and purpose for your life, and He may be waiting for the appropriate time to answer the prayer in His own way. Do not be dismayed. It is for your good!