Re: Dinner at Hever: Lady Elizabeth Boleyn (Attn: Anyone)

  • Catalina
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2011
      Young Thomas Howard, son to Thomas Howard who should be Thomas Howard, second Duke of Norfolk but was not because John Howard, first Duke of Norfolk backed Richard the Third, King of England at Bosworth and Henry Tudor won. Henry Tudor became Henry the Seventh. Henry the Seventh just died and the Howards were full of hope that the young Henry the Eight would see reason and restore the Duchy of Norfolk to the Howards. Young Thomas Howard was travelling to Hever to visit with his favourite sister, the Lady Elizabeth Boleyn with his wife, Anne of York. Anne of York hath said unto her beloved husband as they were travelling, "It shalt be good to see Elizabeth Boleyn again, shalt it not, dear husband."

      Young Thomas Howard, although he was not so young but as there was his father, Thomas Howard, he was referred to as young Thomas Howard. Young Thomas Howard and Anne of York, daughter of Edward the Fourth and Elizabeth Woodville, King and Queen of England hath been wed for many years. It irked young Thomas Howard that his beloved Princess Anne of York hath needed to begged tweny shilllings weekly of her sister, the Queen, Elizabeth of York, wife of Henry the Seventh. How young Thomas Howard itched that his father, Thomas Howard should become the Duke of Norfolk. "Yes, my dearest Anne, my white petal, it shalt be good indeed. I hath missed my sister. It is just that she doth hath children and healthy ones at that and we do not. How hath we sinned in the eyes of God, my dearest Anne."

      "God is testing us, my dear Thomas. We must be happy with what we hath. Always." Anne of York smiled and knew the great ambition of her Thomas and his father, Thomas Howard. How her father in law's second wife, Agnes Tilney would love to be Duchess of Norfolk, thought Anne of York. She, on the other hand, knew about power for she was a Princess of England and saw how her uncle, Richard the Third hath abused her bother, Edward the Fifth, rightful King of England and her other brother, Richard, Duke of York and Norfolk for old Edward the Fourth hath given Norfolk to his second son, Richard, Duke of York by having him wed with young Anne Mowbray, the last Duchess of Norfolk within her own right. He wed with Anne Mowbray at six and Anne Mowbray was two. She died whence she was nine years old.

      OOC: Carly, I will play both Thomas Howard, third Duke of Norfolk before he was such and Anne of York although she dies in 1510.

      --- In TheTudorEra@yahoogroups.com, "carly1357" <carly1357@...> wrote:

      > Lady Elizabeth Howard Boleyn, wife to Thomas Boleyn, was seated at one end of the elegant candlelit dinner table; her husband at the other end opposite her, In between them were their three young children: George, Mary and Anne. Even though her gown hid it, Elizabeth's middle was swollen again with child....she was due in a month's time, and hoped to give her husband another healthy son.....

    • carly1357
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 16, 2011
        Elizabeth Boleyn smiled across the table at her husband..
        "Thomas, you know that my brother Thomas and his wife Anne are due to pay us a visit?", she began... "The reason I mention it is because I think the babe may arrive whilst they are visiting with us, and I wanted to make sure you did not mind seeing to their comforts in my stead, my Lord Husband.." She shifted her weight in her velvet chair, as her back was tired, and beginning to ache...