[TheTrueSabbathsAndNewMoons] Request Prayer

  • PWC
    Message 1 of 51 , Apr 1 2:08 AM
      Dear Br. Carlo,
              I find myself awake again in the middle of the night yet again from breathing difficulties brought on by the incessant smoking of my new neighbors. For a few weeks now I have been having difficulty getting any restful sleep because the air is so heavy with cigarette smoke that I am having great difficulty breathing and sleeping. I have a constant headache, and my throat is raw and sore. I am only getting sleep in short amounts; I have not had a full night's sleep in quite some time now. Please pray that I may receive relief from these conditions. I am very tired.

      Thank you my brother.
      Br. Paul

    • David Smith
      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 5 3:55 PM
        JAHZRAH WROTE: Sorry to keep harping on this but, do we/you/I believe the
        Scriptures because when all is said and done it comes down to Faith or
        Belief in these words of the Creator.

        I doubt there are any on this forum who do not believe in the words of the
        Creator. Are we to believe His words literally throughout the entire Bible?
        Yes, the scriptures explicitly state that the sun actually does rise and
        set. Do we take this literally or is it explaining what we see with our
        eyes?

        CARLO WROTE: Mattithyah (Matthew) 24:29 says: "Immediately after the
        Tribulation of those days, the Sun shall be darkened, and the Moon (Luna)
        shall not give its Light, and the Stars shall fall from Heaven, and the
        powers of the Heavens shall be shaken".

        If we understand the words literally then will the sun actually stop
        emitting light or will the light from the sun be obscured here on earth?

        Again, the literal understanding is that the moon will also "not give its
        light" (which means it has light of its own) or does it mean the light that
        the moon has and passes on to earth will also be obscured?

        If we're going with the literal interpretation then will the stars actually
        "fall from heaven"? Will all the stars fall on earth or just fall from
        heaven into something else? It doesn't say 10% of the stars or only the
        man-made stars (which of course are not actually stars) but seems to imply
        all the stars. Can be understand this literally?

        JAHZRAH WROTE: In regards to the corners of the earth verses: if you had an
        orange you could slice it down the middle and turn it and slice it again to
        give you four equal peices. When you have these four peices they can be
        described as corners or quarters. So really, a round object can be described
        as having corners.

        That's a bit of a stretch since there is no mention of the earth being
        sliced into four pieces. If we are accepting the literal interpretation of
        the word then four corners seem to indicate something square.

        tracy wrote: Here are dozens of verses that say that the sun moves. Do you
        [really] believe the Bible?

        Genesis 15:12 And when the sun was GOING DOWN... 15:17 ...the sun WENT
        DOWN... 19:23 The sun was RISEN UPON THE EARTH...

        If the sun is rotating around the earth then can we accept that the sun
        actually does "go down"? Down where? Even if it is rotating around the earth
        the sun is never really down. It shines on the earth 24 hours a day, and has
        been every day without exception for thousands of years.

        Do only those who really believe the Bible take each and every verse
        literally?

        Malcolm Bowden: Those who say that the Bible is only recording the
        "appearance" of the movement of the sun (a) are having to ADD to the most
        obvious meaning of the understanding of the Bible passage

        But we explain that the sun doesn't actually go down but it seems to go down
        to us as we stand fixed in one area of the earth. Would this be adding "to
        the most obvious meaning of the understanding of the Bible" as we accept it
        literally or is there some degree of discernment we have to exercise when we
        read the Bible with modern science in mind?

        OR

        Can we interpret certain words and passages literally when it best suits our
        beliefs and other words and passages must be understood through common
        sense, context, knowledge and discernment? Are we to literally understand
        some words but other are understood a "common ways of speaking"?

        Peace and joy in Yahshua,
        Dave