Re: [TheTrueSabbathsAndNewMoons] When Does The Weekly Sabbath Begin and End?

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 96 , Mar 1, 2006

      Carol wrote: The TRUE explanation for this Verse is just what our Dear Brother Paul RIGHTLY said: the Night follows the Day, in the 24 hours Daily Cycle, from a Day to the Next Day.

      1 Samuel 28:5-8,18,19 (1917 JPS) 05] And when Saul saw the host of the Philistines, he was afraid, and his heart trembled greatly. 06] And when Saul inquired of Yahuah, Yahuah answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets. 07] Then said Saul unto his servants: 'Seek me a woman that divineth by a ghost, that I may go to her, and inquire of her.' And his servants said to him: 'Behold, there is a woman that divineth by a ghost at En-dor.' 08] And Saul disguised himself, and put on other raiment, and went, he and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night; and he said: 'Divine unto me, I pray thee, by a ghost, and bring me up whomsoever I shall name unto thee.' 18] Because thou didst not hearken to the voice of Yahuah, and didst not execute His fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore hath Yahuah done this thing unto thee this day. 19] Moreover Yahuah will deliver
      Israel also with thee into the hand of the Philistines; and tomorrow (H # 4279 machar - the
      morrow) shalt thou and thy sons be with me; Yahuah will deliver the host of
      Israel also into the hand of the Philistines.'

      Before we can know what night belongs to what day we have to know what “thing” did Yahweh do unto Saul that “day”?

      Can anyone tell me what she meant by “therefore hath Yahuah done this thing unto thee this day”?

      Dave

    • PWC
      Message 96 of 96 , Apr 3, 2006
        Dear Br. David,
                Please contemplate the follow passage from the Essene Gospel of Peace:

        Essene Gospel of Peace Bk 1 1:42
        ( 42 ) ..... When you can gaze on the brightness of the noonday sun with unflinching eyes, you can then look upon the blinding light of your Heavenly Father, which is a thousand times brighter than the brightness of a thousand suns. But how should you look upon the blinding light of your Heavenly Father, when you cannot even bear the shining of the blazing sun? Believe me, the sun is as the flame of a candle beside the sun of truth of the Heavenly Father.

        With the brightness that envelops Yahuah, how can it be asserted that anything was created in darkness ??

        YashaNa.
        Br. Paul

        David Smith <davesmith@...> wrote:
        Davide wrote: Are you perhaps teaching that the Entire Universe was created in Darkness in the Beginning?
        Or maybe are you believing that the Entire Universe, with Billions of Galaxies, and Hundreds of Billions of Stars, and Planets, was Created just in the Fourth Day (Genesis 1:14-19), and in the Beginning YAHWEH would have Created only a Dark Heaven, and a Dark Earth?

        It’s apparent in Genesis that darkness existed before light and is understood if one can answer this question. When did Yahweh create “darkness”? If darkness is simply the absence of light then before light was created there had to be darkness.

        Ge 1:3 And Elohim said, Let there be light: and there was light.

        Before this happened darkness had to have existed otherwise there would not have been a need to create light. Now, maybe you have a different definition for darkness. Darkness could mean the blotting out of light or the covering of light and so light was first and darkness was created after and overwhelmed the light, restricting its supremacy.
        Davide wrote: Please, Remember that YAHWEH is LIGHT, and there is NO Darkness in HIM, a Being of Light, The Father of the Light, Dwelling in the Light.
        And surely His Malakim (Angels), who HE Created BEFORE The Creation of the Entire Universe, are Beings of Light, and NOT of Darkness (except for those who then BECAME of Darkness, like Satan the devil, and the demons).

        AND

        Being a clear matter of Fact, in YAHWEH SHAMMAH, where Father YAHWEH will be, there will be NO Night (Darkness) AT ALL (Revelation 21:25; 22:5), having ANY darkness (night), Physical and Spiritual, being out, just as in The Beginning, when there was no darkness (night), Physical and Spiritual, YET, until Satan the devil and the demons rebelled, and came to be part of the Spiritual darkness (night), and so the Physical darkness (night) came to be!

        If Yahweh is light and the angels are light then why the need to create light in verse 3?

        I notice you said, “where Father YAHWEH will be, there will be NO Night (Darkness) AT ALL,” implying that Yahweh’s light only extends out to a limited area. Since darkness is simply the absence of light and since Yahweh is light and has always existed, then He doesn’t use His light to illuminate the earth or universe but created lights to do this for Him.

        We’re discussing the lights and the darkness of the universe and yet you’re point is that Yahweh is light and Satan is darkness and since Yahweh was first then day’s light comes before night’s darkness.
        Davide wrote: LIGHT is always FIRST, and then the Darkness can come, both in Spiritual and Physical matters!
        If light is first then darkness cannot exist since darkness is the absence of light.

        1Co
        15:44-46 It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body. …it is not the spiritual which is first but the physical, and then the spiritual.

        Are we, as you say, enlightened first and then we are in darkness?
        Mt 4:16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light (Yahshua).
        Ac 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light
        Ro 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
        Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in Yahweh: walk as children of light:
        1Pe 2:9 Ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

        You have it reversed, darkness comes first and then light is created which obliterates the darkness.

        2Co 4:6 For Elohim, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness.

        It’s impossible to be the opposite, darkness cannot come out of light because darkness is the absence of light.

        2Pe
        2:17 These (evil ones) are wells without water …to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.

        I agree, Yahweh is light and He was first but even when He becomes the source of light for New Jerusalem there will still be darkness in other places. So, just because Yahweh was light in the beginning it doesn’t mean He was the source of light spoken of which He created in Gen 1:3.

        Davide wrote: Please note that Genesis 1:2 clearly says that WATERS were there.
        And Water (H2O) is IMPOSSIBLE to exist without Light.
        Since Water was there, that clearly and surely means that there was Light BEFORE.

        Water exists two miles down on the floor of the
        Pacific Ocean yet there is total darkness. We are told Yahweh create light not that He create hydrogen. Genesis 1:1 is when Yahweh created hydrogen and all the other elements that He would eventually make into light, as well as other things.
        Davide wrote: But the Earth BECAME (in Original Hebrew) formless and empty, and Darkness BECAME (in Original Hebrew) upon the face of the deep (Genesis 1:2), clearly meaning that the Earth was NOT Created in that DARK condition in the Beginning (Genesis 1:1; See also Isayah 45:18; Iyyob / Job 38:4-7).
        YAHWEH's FIRST Re-Creative Act on the surface of the Earth, was to Make (in Original Hebrew, and NOT to Create, since HE did Create It in the Beginning!) the Light on the Earth, and to Divide / Separate between Light (that HE Called DAY, Hebrew "Yowm"), and Darkness (that HE Called NIGHT, Hebrew "Layil").

        We are told, “In the beginning Elohim created the heaven and the earth” but are we to believe He created them intact, complete, all in one moment? With modern technology like the Hubble Telescope He is allowing man to get a glimpse of the vastness and magnificence of His creation. In the beginning He did create everything except over time He has “made” them into what He needs for His purpose.

        Eventually, over time, the earth became what Adam knew and over more time it became what we have today. When Yahweh speaks of a “Re-Creative Act” in scripture He always speaks of His future re-creation, of which Yahshua is the beginning. There is never a mention of three creations in scripture, one in the past, our present one and one to come.

        How do you reconcile these passages?

        3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

        Here we have “the first day” even though the heaven has yet to be “made” (2nd day verses 7-8) and the sun has yet to be “made” (4th day).

        16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

        If “the Earth was NOT Created in that DARK condition in the Beginning” why did Yahweh need to create light and why was the sun not created until the 4th day?

        Davide wrote: Please note also that the Hebrew word for "Darkness" ("Choshek") in Genesis 1:2, is the SAME Hebrew word for "Darkness" ("Choshek") in Genesis 1:4-5, that is Called NIGHT (Hebrew "Layil"), and it is NOT Called EVENING (Hebrew "Ereb").

        But all “darkness” is not called night. In Gen 1:5 that particular darkness He called night but there are other forms of darkness that are not called night.

        Davide wrote: On the contrary, everything begins in the LIGHT!

        Would you please show us in scripture where “everything begins in the LIGHT.”

        Brother Arnold wrote: Everything begins in darkness, the day, the month, the earth and even a baby and until the Father of light comes and says let there be light, everything remains in darkness.

        Yes, that is the sequence Yahweh has laid out. Darkness is everywhere but He comes to our aid with His perfect light. Thank you Yahweh for your mercy and for reaching for us in the darkness and pulling us into your glorious light.

        Praise His wonderful name!!

        Dave