It s Your Choice Now

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21 1:03 AM
      Refreshing autumn breezes bring cool, crisp days and the invigorating promise of another wonderful Feast of Tabernacles. Families from around the world are gathering enough belongings for an eight-day stay in the Golden City of Jerusalem, where Yahshua the Messiah now reigns. Many are already en route. Vast crowds are coursing along roadways, singing praises and anticipating the coming days with unspeakable joy.

      The atmosphere is much like jubilant Israel leaving Egypt to keep a Feast for Yahweh (Ex. 5:1).

      The "old days" of the 21st century, when obedient celebrators numbered only in the few thousands, pale in comparison. Those keeping the Feasts back before the Kingdom came to earth could never have fully appreciated this breathtaking drama — everyone from across the planet coming in an unending stream to Jerusalem!

      Finally, after millennia of ignorance, stubborn resistance, tired old excuses, procrastinating, and indecision, people everywhere are traveling to the place where Yahweh commands all people to be in this seventh Biblical month. They are coming to keep the great Feast of Tabernacles, the highlight celebration of the year.

      Their joy is indescribable! And why shouldn't they be happy? At long last, an entire world is being blessed of Yahweh for complete submission to His laws and commands. After millennia of human rebellion, suffering and misery, universal joy and peace reign under the righteous law of the King of the universe! Man's hopeless holidays are no more.

      If you think this is some fantasy from the imagination of some movie script writer, you had better think again.

      Human Misrule Will Soon Come to an End

      What you have just read is as real as tomorrow – and nearly as close. It is a description of the millennial Kingdom of Yahweh come to earth. Thousands of years of human misrule will have ended. Finally the earth will be cleansed of the rebellion and sin that began in the Garden of Eden and continued through 6,000 years of misery and pain.

      In the Kingdom ruled by Yahshua, men will have no more opportunity to ruin their lives, the lives of others, and the world around them through defiance of the Creator and His laws. Yahweh will at last take full control, and everyone WILL obey Him!

      In the first year of Yahshua's millennial reign, in the seventh month, people from around the world will fulfill what the prophets of old foretold. The scene will be the same everywhere – one dwelling after another will be vacated for eight days while people all over the world leave for the annual Feasts.

      Miraculously for the travelers, the usual problems and hindrances will disappear as quickly as they crop up. Priestly guides will help them along their way to the great city to worship the King, Yahweh of Hosts. This kingdom of righteous priests will be composed of True Worshipers who were obedient to Yahweh in our day, before Yahshua returned, and were taken up in the first resurrection when Yahshua came to earth.

      Now in the thousand-year reign, they assist Yahshua the Messiah in governing the nations of the earth. They teach the laws and statutes of Yahweh, just as they themselves learned to keep them back in a time when few cared about seriously following the Scriptures in their lives. This was foretold and promised in Revelation 2:26-27: "And he that overcomes, and keeps my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father."

      Isaiah gives us a glimpse of these former human beings at work as Kingdom priests: "And your ears shall hear a word behind you saying, `This the way, walk you in it,' when you turn to the right hand and when you turn to the left," 30:21. You can be one of those teachers if you are obedient now.

      Feast Prophecies Fulfilled

      Biblical laws, including the Feasts, will be enforced everywhere by the greatest Power in the universe – Yahweh Himself.

      Here is what the prophet Zechariah prophesied: "And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, Yahweh of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles" (Zech. 14:16). The prophet Isaiah makes it clear that immediately after the return of Yahshua, once He subdues the earth and establishes His Kingdom, that people will start keeping the Feasts at Jerusalem. Everyone will either comply or die: "For by fire and by his sword will Yahweh plead with all flesh: and the slain of Yahweh shall be many," Isaiah 66:16.

      Further down in the passage we read, "For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory" (v. 18). And where will they go? Isaiah continues: "And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto Yahweh out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, says Yahweh, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of Yahweh" (verse 20).

      This scene will be replayed many times throughout the year as one by one each of the annual observances of Leviticus 23 will be faithfully kept. "And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, says Yahweh."

      Those who rebelled against Yahweh and refused to keep His Feasts will have their own infamous memorial: "And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh" (Isa. 66:23-24).

      All the scoffers, including those who today strenuously resist the keeping of so-called "Jewish" Feasts, are going to be either humbled or eliminated. It will be their choice. Millions will be forced to admit that Yahweh's people were right when they kept His appointed days. Many will be ashamed of themselves for once ridiculing the ways of Yahweh.

      Scores of the Chagrined and Brokenhearted

      Millions will wish they had taken the teaching of the Feasts seriously back when keeping the Biblical observances and obeying the other laws was a free choice that relatively few took to heart. Had they done so, their blessings would be far greater now. They would be among the priests ruling in Yahshua's Kingdom.

      Ezekiel's prophecy about those who rebelliously serve their own lusts and desires stood as a Biblical warning for thousands of years: "Then shall you remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations" (Ezek. 36:31).

      And what about those who perhaps in ignorance do not obey the Feast command in the Millennial rule of Yahshua? The prophet Zechariah says: "And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, Yahweh of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain" (Zech. 14:17). Famine! Death! One will either keep the Feasts of Leviticus 23 or one will suffer plague.

      In keeping the Feasts, which revolve around the harvest seasons, we rejoice in the abundance of the earth's produce. Anyone refusing to do so in the Millennial reign will suffer just the opposite – starvation resulting from drought. Those who stubbornly resist will also feel the sting of the rod of iron administered by those who have been resurrected to priesthood and who rule under Yahshua, as we have seen.

      It's Your Choice Now

      The entire planet will be in harmony with Yahweh once more, as it once was in the Garden of Eden. All of nature will return to an Edenic harmony and consequent beauty as earth's people's submit to their Creator in a way that hasn't been seen since Adam and Eve before their rebellion.

      It will be His way or no way. No excuses. No questioning. No compromising. No promises of "some other time, I'm too busy right now" or "Maybe next year when I'm ready." Yahweh will accept nothing short of complete obedience from everyone. One will either submit or suffer the wrath of the Mighty One of the universe!

      What would you do in that day? Resist...or humbly comply? The important question is, what are you doing NOW, knowing that Yahweh's Feasts are so important that they will soon be enforced around the world? Do you want to be in that Kingdom reign, or suffer from no rain as you are forced to learn Yahweh's ways at that time?

      `But I'm Not Jewish'

      Those who misconstrue the Bible's clear command to keep the seven annual Feast days, as well as the weekly Sabbath, counter Yahweh's mandate with the rationale, "I'm not a Jew. Those observances are for Jews."

      First, realize that the Feast days were given to Moses on Mount Sinai to pass on to Israel (see the Book of Leviticus, along with the last verse, which reveals that Moses was given all the law, not just the Ten Commandments on Sinai). Israel was composed of 12 tribes, only one of which was known as the Jews, the tribe of Judah. The 11 other tribes were not Jews, but Hebrews, who were collectively known as Israel. All 12 tribes stood at the base of Mt. Sinai to receive Yahweh's laws and agreed to His covenant, Exodus 19:1, 5-6. Therefore, the mandate was given to more than the Jews. The entire nation of Israel received the statutes and judgments.

      The Scriptures make it clear that we are to become spiritual Israelites. That means we do what Israel did and live by the same laws Israel did. Paul wrote, "Who are Israelites?" Then he answers his own question, "To whom pertains the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of Yahweh, and the promises" (Rom. 9:4).

      The original covenant was made with Israel and no one but Israel. What most fail to understand is that Yahweh is still working with and through Israel. Others have a part in the promises only by special adoption, as Paul reminds us.

      Yahshua's disciples clearly understood this fact. Just before His ascension they approached Him and asked, "Master, will you at this time restore again the Kingdom to Israel?" (Acts 1:6) They did not comprehend His timetable, but they did understand that He was working with those known as Israel. Others who want a part in the salvation promise must become spiritual Israelites (Rom. 9 and 11) and abide by the same covenant agreement Yahweh made with Israel. That agreement included obedience to all of Yahweh's laws given at Sinai – including the Ten Commandments and Feast days.

      Yahweh's Worship, Yahweh's Days

      Yahshua never changed the core terms of the covenant agreement with Israel when He came to earth. He said He did not come to destroy the law but to fulfill it, Matthew 5:17. Fulfill means to meet the law's requirements. What Yahshua did was to open the way for those outside of Israel to come into the same promise by taking hold of the same covenant Yahweh made with Israel – now it's a RENEWED covenant commonly known as the "New Testament." The basic terms of that covenant are still the same: obedience to His laws (see Hebrews 8, Romans 7:1, Acts 24:14).

      Another reason that the argument, "They're Jewish Feasts," falls flat is found in many passages, including Leviticus 23:2: "Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of Yahweh, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts." This verse in the law tells us exactly whose Feasts they really are: the Feasts of Almighty Yahweh.

      Prior to listing each of the seven annual appointments, Yahweh provides this important introduction, "These are the feasts of Yahweh, even holy convocations, which you shall proclaim in their seasons" (Lev. 23:4). If these Feasts are just for Jews, then in the Millennial Kingdom only Jews would be required to observe them. But we have seen that in the Kingdom the whole world will be keeping them at their appointed times.

      After Moses finished cataloging the Feasts in Leviticus 23, we find this: "And Moses declared unto the children of Israel the feasts of Yahweh" (v. 44). Notice that Moses spoke to all of Israel, not just to the Jews, and he declared to them the "Feasts of Yahweh," not the "Feasts of the Jews."

      Only later in the New Testament did they begin to be referred to as Feasts of the Jews because the Jews were noted for observing them, being the one Israelite tribe still faithful in keeping them. The rest of the Israelites were derelict, being scattered throughout other nations and taking up their heathen holidays, as we find in James 1:1; 1Peter 1:1, and John 7:35.

      To keep the Feasts or not to keep them — that is the choice set before each of us. It is our decision, and the appropriate consequences will follow. Bear in mind, that when Yahshua returns, ALL will comply or face a plague. (Zech.14:16-19)