Re: [TheTrueSabbathsAndNewMoons] The "Lunar Sabbath"

  • YHWHPeople@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2008
      Shalom Brother Yehochanan,

      You wrote,

      Shalom Arnold,

      …..

      In your article, 7th Day, you said, Those who want to keep a counting
      one through seven over and over again without any respect to the weekly
      cycle of six ordinary workdays are breaking the scriptural DEFINITION
      of a seventh day rest that we just covered, and the reason is this. The
      traditional Sabbath can fall a day or two after the Day of Atonement
      and therefore you cannot have a SCRIPTURAL SEVENTH day rest after
      working ONLY one day, two days, three days, four days, five days, BUT
      you can have a SCRIPTURAL SEVENTH day rest after working SIX days, this
      also is an absolute. The only scriptural definition of a seventh day
      rest comes after a cycle of six ordinary working days and there's not
      ONE place in the Scripture where a seventh day rest ever came after two
      or three days of work.

      That is a Straw Man argument.

      First, we do not consider the Annual Sabbath to be seventh day Sabbaths
      unless it happens to land on the seventh day of the week.

      Your lunar Sabbath almanac has the same problem that you accuse our
      almanac of having. That is, the Day of Atonement occurs on the 10th of
      the month, which is only one full day after the conclusion of your
      seventh day Sabbath on the 8th. This means that after the seventh day
      Sabbath, the 9th of Ethanim is an ordinary working day, and then you
      have the Annual Sabbath on the 10th. This breaks up your ordinary
      working day cycle of six days as well. Therefore, there are not six
      ordinary working days before the Annual Sabbath of Yom Kippur on your
      almanac. You contradict yourself and accuse our almanac of having the
      same problem that yours has.

      Yet, you admit that this is a problem in your article with the
      following statement a few paragraphs down from the previous quote: The
      Day of ATONEMENT is a day of REST and breaks up the cycle of six
      workdays, this is a true irrefutable statement. The Sabbath ALSO breaks
      up the cycle of workdays, and this also is an absolute and if you have
      a traditional weekly Sabbath fall two or three days after Day of
      Atonement it cannot, By Definition or By Case Law Found in Scripture,
      be a scriptural seventh day rest.

      Now, this is how you explain it. From my reading, it explains nothing:
      ARNOLD: How can you have a SEVENTH day rest after only THREE days work?

      RESPONSE; YOU CAN’T! that is why the 15th of the 7th moon is not a
      scriptural 7th day. Perhaps that is why it is referred to as a
      Sabbaton/special rest.

      You wrote,

      How can a FOURTH day be a scriptural SEVENTH day rest???

      RESPONSE; IT CAN’T because it's the fourth day since the commanded rest
      on the 10th. And a scriptural 7th day comes after 6 work days.

      The Sabbaths/intermissions are kept by COMMAND “not” by COUNT although
      you may count and number, it is still by command. The carnal number
      seven is not the spirit of the Sabbath/intermission, it directs us
      toward it. He uses the MOON to teach or show which days are NOT
      workdays, and which days or WORSHIP days and that is the only way
      anyone can know for sure when the appointments are and you do not have
      to go outside the Scripture to ask anyone when to begin the count for
      the seventh day.

      You wrote,

      From that explanation, it explains how the Annual Sabbath can break up
      the week in both almanacs. And your reason is that
      Sabbaths/intermissions are kept by COMMAND “not” by COUNT although you
      may count and number, it is still by command. So, in your own words, it
      is IRREVELANT if the Annual Sabbath breaks up the ordinary workweek of
      six days. If it was not, then is means that you would have to reset
      your workweek. And in the seventh month, the seventh day Sabbath could
      not be on the 15th as it always is. Rather, you ignore that fact that
      that annual Sabbath occurs during the ordinary work we--AS WE DO--and
      keep the seventh day Sabbath day on the regular scheduled time (the
      15th of the month for your and the seventh day of the week for us). So,
      in both case, there will always be six days in between seventh day
      Sabbaths.

      RESPONSE; He decides which days are Holy worship days, not us. If you
      follow the simple instructions in Lev-23, it lays out the whole year as
      to worship days and work days. All the New moon days are worship days,
      the 10th day in the 7th month is a worship day, and all the 7th days
      that come after 6 work days are worship days etc. and this will cause
      the weekly Sabbaths to fall on the 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th of the
      months throughout the year.

      You wrote,

      You may not have noticed, but at the same time, you also explain why
      the 15th of Abib (the First Day of Unleavened Bread) the month does not
      have to be a seventh day Sabbath since (in your words again)
      Sabbaths/intermissions are kept by COMMAND “not” by COUNT although you
      may count and number, it is still by command. So, again, the First Day
      of Unleavened Bread is a Sabbath because the Creator commanded it to be
      so, not because it the seventh day of the week.

      RESPONSE; unlike the 15th in the 7th month, the 15th in the 1st month
      comes after 6 work days and wherefore is a scriptural 7th day.

      The Sabbath WORSHIP day breaks up the CYCLE of workdays and is called
      the Sabbath/intermission, a day of complete rest. The Day of Atonement
      WORSHIP day also breaks up the CYCLE of SIX workdays and it is also
      called a Sabbath and is a day of complete rest. The new moon also
      breaks up the SIX ordinary workdays by it being a WORSHIP day even
      though it is not a day of complete rest as the other two. People don’t
      like to admit this because It goes against their tradition but it is
      the Fathers doing and not mine.

      You wrote,

      The Scripture cycle consists of six workdays then rest on the seventh
      day and is only interrupted by the Creator of days Himself and only the
      Father can changed that which he has set in motion with an exception
      such as the Day of Atonement. The new moon is also is a WORSHIP day,
      same as the Sabbath and day of Atonement and is NOT one of the six
      ordinary workdays and the only difference is it is not a complete rest
      and is not called a Sabbath as the Day of Atonement and the seventh day
      Sabbath is.

      YOU WROTE,

      Hmmm…so an exception is made for the Annual Sabbath in your case. How
      convenient.

      RESPONSE, I was not the one that made the exception and the reason it
      works for me and not for you is I follow the instructions of Lev-23,
      etc. with ought a preconceived traditional Sabbath.

      You cannot scriptural count a WORSHIP day as an ordinary work day and
      this is why I say it is IMPOSSIBLE for the traditional seven-day count
      to work because of the Day of Atonement which is subconsciously counted
      as a workday and a worship day at the same time during the same 24-hour
      period. This is done by those who keep the Sabbath by a carnal count
      instead of by command.

      You wrote,

      Straw Man argument. We do no such thing. Again, you are doing the same
      thing that we do. There is no difference other than the fact that your
      reset your weeks each month. Nothing else is different. You calendar is
      the same as John Cordero’s and the majority of Messianic Jews except
      you reset the weeks each month. If you stop resetting your weeks each
      month, you almanac will be the same as the majority. It is the only
      difference you have with the others. So, you wrote all of those
      articles when there is only one difference--resetting the weeks.

      RESPONSE; I am not the one who reset’s the weeks each month. It is
      reset because of the new moon WORSHIP day which you count as an
      ordinary work day.

      You cannot scriptural count a WORSHIP day as an ordinary work day
      and this is why I say it is IMPOSSIBLE for the traditional seven-day
      count to work because of the Day of Atonement which is subconsciously
      counted as a workday and a worship day at the same time during the same
      24-hour period. This is done by those who keep the Sabbath by a carnal
      count instead of by command.

      YOUR RESPONSE;

      WRONG! We do not count the Annual Sabbath days as workdays. There are
      scriptural exceptions to the command to work a day that we would
      ordinarily work on.

      RESPONSE; You have it backwards, He is the one that decides the work
      days and you have no authority trying to count a Holy day as a work
      day. It breaks up the cycle of work days and is not counted as one.
      Follow the instructions of Lev-23 without adding to it or taking away
      and you will have it.

      You wrote,

      I faced the same thing when I accepted the 364-day Enochian calendar.
      Based on my definitions, it seems to go perfectly with the Torah.

      RESPONSE; I would never entertain the thought of a 364-day calendar
      when nature its self will not allow it. There are 365 sun sets from
      equinox to equinox and the seasons would float off real quick.

      Brother Arnold www.lunarsabbath.info