The Truth about the Two Witnesses of Revelation

  • Jahzrah Jahzrah
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2007
      The Two Witnesses

      Background Readings: Revelation 11:1-14, Zechariah 4.

      1. Political Awareness

      The peoples of this world are becoming increasingly aware of political, legal and spiritual issues. Issues involving democracy, freedom of choice, human rights, legal rights, the power of the media, privacy etc. are now well discussed, even amongst the hitherto illiterate masses in the most backward nations. People have also woken up to the enormous greed, corruption and violence that is sweeping the globe.

      Ignorance had been the norm for millennia; but now there is a great awareness of what’s going on; an awareness largely due to the abundance of evidence provided via the media by eye-witnesses. Never a day passes but we read, hear and even see pictures of events taking place all over the world. Eye-witness reports from remote places are broadcast to audiences in all countries. Yes, eye-witness reports are invaluable as any news reporter or solicitor will tell you.

      2. Two Witnesses

      In the legal profession the presence of even one witness to a crime or transaction is considered good evidence: but the presence of TWO WITNESSES is conclusive. On the evidence of two witnesses, people have been put to death. Most adults know that important legal documents need the signatures of at least two witnesses.

      ·        Marriage Certificates
      ·        Title Deeds to land and property
      ·        Business Contracts
      ·        Powers of Attorney
      ·        Peace Treaties etc.

      All these transactions call for at least two witnesses to be present. In spiritual matters it is the same. Witnesses are called for before truth can be established. In Revelation chapter 11 verses 1-13 we read about Two Witnesses who are scheduled by the Almighty JAH to testify for 42 months to earth’s teeming millions about His Truth. Questions concerning them are numerous, here are but 3 important ones:

      1.      When do they appear on the world scene?
      2.      Who are the Two Witnesses?
      3.      What do they witness to and what is their message?

      Answers to these questions vary, depending on which of the so-called Scripture based groups and Christian group’s literature you read, they are varied to say the least; but I will not list them all. Instead I will begin by quoting the Scripture passages, which tell of the Two Witnesses and then, after a brief analysis, answer the three questions above.

      ·        Revelation 11:1-6 - 1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of JAH, and the altar, and them that worship therein. 2: But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.3: And I will give power unto my TWO WITNESSES, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.4: These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the Maker of the earth. 5: And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. 6: These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

      3. When Do The Two Witnesses Appear?

      The answer to this first question is: The Two Witnesses make their appearance on the world scene during the 6th Trumpet (2nd Woe), which occurs towards the latter part of the Seventh Seal. In other words, the Seventh Seal is subdivided into seven stages and the 6th Trumpet is the 6th stage.

      The record concerning the 6th Trumpet begins at Revelation 9:13, and continues all the way through to Revelation 11:14. During this 6th Trumpet (also known as the 2nd Woe) ONE THIRD OF MANKIND are slain! (Rev.9:15-18). This great multitude, an estimation of at least 2,000,000,000 people or more, is about twice the population of China! Pause awhile and consider that staggering fact.

      Very briefly these are the events leading up to the 6th Trumpet, the 2nd Woe, when this unimaginable slaughter of a third of mankind will occur.

      ·        Sixth Seal (Rev.6:12-17)
      There is a global earthquake and spectacular signs in the sun, lunah (moon) and stars. Blind panic grips earth’s inhabitants, who run to the rocks and mountains seeking shelter from the wrath of the Almighty Jah and His Son Jahshuwah the Messijah. Events under this Seal have obviously not yet occurred.

      After the 6th Seal occurs, the 144,000 servants of the Most High are sealed in their foreheads with Jah’s Name (Rev.7). This sealing work is also still future. It has not occurred. When it does occur, sealed believers will no longer need spiritual instruction as to how to live: because they will instinctively know right from wrong (Heb.8:8-13).

      ·        Seventh Seal (Rev. 8 to Rev.20)
      The Seventh Seal begins AFTER the 144,000 are sealed.
      The Seventh Seal is subdivided into 7 Trumpets, the last 3 of which are called WOES.

      ·        1st Trumpet
      ·        2nd Trumpet
      ·        3rd Trumpet
      ·        4th Trumpet

      ·        5th Trumpet (1st WOE) (Rev.9:1-12)
      During this Woe the following events will occur:

      ·        The Abyss will be opened and the Abbadon the King of the Bottomless Pit will be released. Leading an army of evil angels Abbadon will torture mankind for 5 months: that is, all except those who were sealed with JAH’S Name before the events under the Seventh Seal began.

      ·        6th Trumpet (2nd WOE) (Rev.9:13 - Rev.11:14)
      During this Woe, which lasts 3.5 years, these events will occur:

      ·        One third of mankind will be slain.

      ·        The seven thunders sound. (Rev.10:3-6)

      ·        The Two Witnesses begin their 42-month testimony.

      ·        They have the power to cause a 3.5 year drought and to plague mankind at will.

      ·        After testifying for 3.5 years they are killed by the Beast (Abbadon) who arose from the Abyss at the 1st Woe. After 3 ½ days the Two Witnesses are raised to life, much to the astonishment and terror of earth’s population.

      ·        Their resurrection marks the end of the 2nd Woe.

      ·        7th Trumpet (3rd WOE) (Rev:11:14 - Rev.19:21)

      During this Woe, which also lasts 3.5 years, the following events will occur:

      ·        The woman of Revelation 12 will be protected in the wilderness for this period of 1260 days, which is 3 ½ years. (Rev.12:6)

      ·        The seven last plagues devastate the earth. (Rev.16)

      ·        Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots, is overthrown and   the economies of all nations collapse. (Rev.17 & 18)

      ·        Jahoshawah the Massijah returns to earth at the end of this Woe. (Rev.19)

      From the foregoing you will see that the Two Witnesses appear on the world scene at the 6th Trumpet (the 2nd Woe), which occurs towards the latter part of the Seventh Seal, when a third of the human race is perishing!

      At this time in Creation, which is the year 6,206 from creation or 2006 AD, we are not in the prophetical age that deals with the above mentioned occurrences. Many people think the end is near in the sense that the above occurrences are a couple of years away, but that is not so. These events won’t be seen by anyone who is alive today. That I can be sure of….I am aware that many people don’t see it this way, but this is the Chronology of Scriptural Prophecy, and many other events have to take place first before the previous events take place.

      4. Who are the Two Witnesses?

      To identify the Two Witnesses we will look closely at SEVERAL SCRIPTURAL CLUES; the first three of which are the most important because they specifically tell us who the Two Witnesses are.

      SEVEN CLUES

      ·        The first clue describes the Two Witnesses in symbolic terms as “TWO OLIVE TREES.” (Rev.11:4, Zech.4:3-11)

      ·        The second clue tells us “They stand in the presence of the MAKER of the whole earth.” (Rev.11:4, Zech.4:14)

      ·        The third clue refers to them as the “TWO ANOINTED ONES.” These three clues are found in this passage:

      • Zechariah 4:11-14 - 11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these TWO OLIVE TREES upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?12: And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these TWO OLIVE BRANCHES which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves? 13: And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord. 14: Then said he, These are THE TWO ANOINTED ONES, that stand by the Maker of the whole earth.

      They prophesy for a period of 42 months or 1260 days during the 2nd Woe. (Rev.11:2-3)

      Any attempt by man to hurt them results in immediate death. (Rev.11:5). Abbadon, who is another rebel angel, who is to also rise from the Bottomless Pit, eventually kills them. The bodies of the Two Witnesses are then exhibited in the city of Jahrushalem (Jerusalem), where our Saviour was crucified.

      After three and a half literal 24-hour days, they are resurrected and ascend to heaven in full view of their enemies.

      Notice that the Two Witnesses are specifically referred to as ‘two olive trees‘two anointed oneswho ‘stand in the presence of the MAKER of the whole earth.’

      The first three clues identify WHO and WHERE the Two Witnesses are. The other four tell us WHAT they do and what happens to them.

      From these clues I do believe that the Two Witnesses ARE NOT:

      ·        The Old & New Covenant (Testament) Scriptures. The Scriptures have testified about JAH for thousands of years, not just 42 months. Besides, the Scriptures abide forever (Isa.40:8) and attempting to hurt them, by whatever means, has never resulted in instant death. Many people however, teach this false doctrine.

      ·        The Holy Spirit. As with the Scriptures, the testimony of JAH the Holy Spirit has continued for a lot longer than 42 months. The Holy Spirit’s “body” can’t be on mocking display as Rev.11: 9-10 pictures. And by the way, the Holy Spirit is Jah, in other words the Abbah is the Holy Spirit.

      ·        Two Men or anyone of the nation of Jahzrael (Israel). Whether Enoch, Noah, Moses, Elijah, Daniel, John the Baptist etc. At death, ALL these men of JAH did not go directly to heaven to stand in JAH’S presence. They all died and were buried.

      The Saviour confirmed this when he said to Nicodemus…

      • John 3:13 - And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

      This means that these great men of JAH were not standing in JAH’S presence when Zechariah’s prophecy was given. They were in their graves awaiting the resurrection. John the Baptist wasn’t even born at the time. Moreover they will most certainly not be raised to life only to die a ‘second death.’ Scripture tells us that the “second death” is the ‘lake of fire’ (Rev.20:14) and that it is appointed unto men “once to die.”

      • Hebrews 9:27 – And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

      This means that Mosheah (Moses) who died in the land of Moab (Deut 34:5) couldn’t possibly die again as one of the Two Witnesses.

      • Deuteronomy 34:5 – So Moses the servant of JAH died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of JAH

      THE TRANSFIGURATION

      In regards to the transfiguration when the 3 Apostles saw Elijah and Mosheah speaking with Jahoshuwah, it was only a VISION that obviously astonished the Apostles. It wasn’t “real time” so to speak.

      • Matthew 17:2 – And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light, 3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elijah (Elias) talking with him.

      • Matthew 17:9 - And as the came down from the mountain, Jahoshawah charged them, saying, TELL THE VISION to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.
      So we could see Mosheah and Elijah were only seen in a vision, they weren’t alive at that time.

      I would like to focus in on Matthew 27:52-53 for a moment. This Scripture has caused much confusion for people. Notice that it says that the Saints (Jahzarenes) arose AFTER HIS RESURRECTION.

      • Matthew 27:52-53 - 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
      This is obviously speaking of the FUTURE second resurrection, which is scheduled to take place in the future, which is indeed thousands of years AFTER THE MESSIJAH’S RESURRECTION. This is an obvious insertion by the heathen translators to make a past resurrection look plausible.

      The Scriptures don’t say how long after his resurrection they arose, and we know from the Scriptures the 2nd resurrection never took place yet and that it is a future event, so indeed these saints that the Scriptures say arose are those who will arise in the second resurrection and go into Jahoshalem and appear before many people.

      It seems that a little shuffling of the scriptures by the translators are responsible for this and they have placed these verses here to attempt to cause confusion, of which it has; but nonetheless, in accordance with the Scriptural doctrine of the two resurrections (eternal life and eternal damnation), the Matthew 27:52-53 verses are in complete harmony with Jah’s plan of Salvation…they who have ears let them hear.

      Even in Paul’s time there were many deceivers that said the resurrection was already passed, but they were in err and even so today this false doctrine will hurt the faith of many who don’t put line upon line.

      • 2 Timothy 2:18 – Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
       Aren’t they Men?

      To summarize I believe the Two Witnesses of Revelation are not the Word of JAH, the Old and New Testaments, which have been with mankind for centuries and ‘abide forever.’ Nor are they the Holy Spirit, Who is not subject to death. Nor are they two righteous men past or present (the popular idea that Elijah and Enoch are the two witnesses is false).

      ENOCH

      Many people say that Enoch is one of the witnesses because it says in Genesis 5:24…

      And Enoch walked with Jah: and he was not; for Jah took him.

      However this does not mean Jah took Enoch to Heaven where His throne is, because as we know, the Messijah had said “no man has ascended into heaven”.

      Please bear in mind that there are 3 heavens according to the Bible. The first heaven is the sky, the second is what we call ‘space’ and the 3rd is the Creator’s habitation. Men can go in the sky, and even in space, but no one can go to Jah’s dwelling called “Heaven”.

      Enoch did indeed go up into the sky and Jah put him somewhere else on Earth. Jah preserved Enoch from the evil of that time and translated him into the coming Kingdom.  Many of Jah’s Righteous sons of that time were given to evil and joined to Satan’s family and united with Cain’s daughters….

      • Genesis 6:1-4 - [1] And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, [2] That the sons of Jah saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

      Read the article on Genesis 6 for more proof about the Sons of Jah being mortal men…. http://members.tripod.com/zionofjah/id104.htm

      In Genesis 5:24 we see that in regards to Enoch….

      • Genesis 5:23 – And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
       Notice that it tell us that “all the days of Enoch” were 365 years, so it is very clear that Enoch died and was buried somewhere unknown, just like Moses.

      • Deuteronomy 34:6 – And He (Jah) buried him (Moses) in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Bethpeor: but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day.

      Not enough prove, well there’s more. You may be wondering about the word “Translated”.

      Notice in Hebrews chapter 11 that we read that Enoch was translated to not see death. This death however, is not the first physical death referred to, it is speaking of the second Eternal death.

      • Hebrews 11:5 – By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because Jah had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony that he pleased Jah.
       The word ‘translated’ means that Enoch is assured into the Kingdom of Heaven. He has been translated from eternal death (sin) into Life in the coming Kingdom of Jah just like we will if we get into Jah’s kingdom.

      • Colossians 1:14 - Who hat delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

      Now to the untrained mind it would seem to appear that Enoch never died, but as earlier said, it was the second and eternal death that was being referred to here.

      • Revelation 2:11 - ……He that overcometh shall not be hurt o

        (Message over 64 KB, truncated)
    • The Community of YAHWEH
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007
        Shalom Jahzrah!

        I would like to say that your article on "The Two Witnesses" is very interesting.

        But, please, post it also on "Every Word Of Truth" Group (EveryWordOfTruth@yahoogroups.com), that you are member too, that is more related as Subject than on "The True Community" Group.

        May our Creator and Father YAHWEH Bless your and our Insight of HIS Will and Word, The Truth!

        True Love in HIS Beloved Son and our Savior YAHSHUA MESSIYAH,

        Carlo Tognoni

        The Community of YAHWEH For The Disciples of YAHSHUA
        Linked and Related to International Congregation of YAHWEH

[...]

        From the foregoing you will see that the Two Witnesses appear on the world scene at the 6th Trumpet (the 2nd Woe), which occurs towards the latter part of the Seventh Seal, when a third of the human race is perishing!

[...]

        From these clues I do believe that the Two Witnesses ARE NOT:

[...]

        • Revelation 2:11 - ……He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

        • Revelation 20:6 – Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, …….

        • Revelation 20:14 – And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

        Looking back to the book of Hebrews, this whole chapter speaks of the heroes of the faith (Abel, Enoch, Rahab, Moses, Abraham etc.), but what is the important part of this issue is found in verse 39.

        • Hebrews 11:39-40 – And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise; 40 Jah having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

        So as we can see, all the former prophets and patriarchs of old have died in Faith awaiting the promise of Eternal life.

        ELIJAH

        Now in regards to Elijah, I am aware that many people say Elijah is in Heaven; this is not true. The truth of the matter is that Elijah was taken up into the sky (heavens) and put somewhere on the Earth where no man could find him. Elijah did not go to Jah’s Heaven where His throne is. He was just taken away out of sight, just the same way an airplane appears to vanish in the sky after traveling far away.

        • 2 Kings 2:11-12 – 11 And it came to pass, as the still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven (the sky). 12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Jahzrael, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.

        Many years after Elijah was taken away and put in an unknown area, he (Elijah) sent King Jehoram a letter about his wickedness. Keep in mind that this Jehoram was king of Judah and not the Jehoram that was king of Jahzrael.

        • 2 Chronicles 21:12 – And there came a writing to him (Jehoram) from Elijah the prophet, saying, Thus saith the Adonay Jah of David thy father, Because thou hast no walked in the ways of Jehoshaphat thy father, nor in the ways of Asa king of Judah,

        So there you have it, Elijah was alive on earth well after his taking away, for many years. So I repeat, the two witnesses are not men, and remember the transfiguration was a vision.

        If the Two Witnesses aren’t men, who, then, are the Two Witnesses?

        5. Two Archangels

        Back to the question: Who are the Two Witnesses?

        The Scripturally Truthful answer is:

        • The Two Witnesses are the two anointed Archangels (Ark Angels) who stand in JAH’S presence. They are the highest-ranking angels in the universe and were represented by the two Cherubim standing on either side of the Ark of the Covenant, this is why they are called Ark angels (Archangels) . Proof of this amazing fact now follows:

      • John Cordaro
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007
          Greetings Jahzrah,

          Can you elaborate upon how archangels can be killed (die) and then have the Spirit of life enter into them again in light of Yahshua's words in Luke 20:36 which imply that angels cannot die? Thanks.

          Shalom,
          John

          !
[...]

          ·    &! nbsp;   Revelation 11:1-6 - 1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of JAH, and the altar, and them that worship therein. 2: But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.3: And I will give power unto my TWO WITNESSES, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.4: These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the Maker of the earth. 5: And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. 6:These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

[...]

          ·
        • Jahzrah Jahzrah
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007
            Greetings John,

            Well indeed Angels are Immortal beings. Some angels are temperarily immortal. Like Satan and the rebel angels.....they have a destruction in the future.

            Angelic warefare is real. Only angels can kill or harm other angels....Only angels can lock up and apprehend each other. So that is why it is only Abbadon who can kill the ark angels, however, even as you said they can't die, they only died temperarily, and by the powers of the Most High they are resurrected...so they indeed do live. To me that is not going against the words of the Messiah at all...

            I feel my explanation was valid in the article and if the word says they were killed by an angel then so be it....

            not much else I can say...but I would suggest we remember the Old Testament incidences of angelic warefare...

            peace

            John Cordaro <jcordaro@...> wrote:
            .

            Check out the website of the Zion Assembly of Jah with over 80 articles to study at http://www.members.tripod.com/zionofjah/

            Our join our discussion forum at thetruecalendar@yahoogroups.com

            There is much information on the Scriptural Almenach (Calendar), the Creator's Universe, His Name, Laws, Festivals and plan of Salvation at these links. Enjoy!

            Glory be to Jah and His Son Jahshuwah!

          • Jahzrah Jahzrah

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007
                Greetings John,

[...]

                Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
                in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

              • John Cordaro
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007
                  Greetings Jahzrah,

                  I fully understand angelic warfare exists and believe your understanding of the two witnesses is plausible, but if I am going to accept that view, then I need to be able to explain it to others. At this point, I am having difficulty grasping the concept of temporary immortality. That is an oxymoron. It seems to me that if we accept that concept, then it can also be said that the "pre-existent immortal Son" temporarily died when, in reality, the Son was not immortal to begin with.

                  Can you please explain Satan's destruction in light of Rev.20:10? Also, what verses do you use to prove Satan and his angels have a future destruction?

                  Shalom,
                  John

                  .

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007
                    Shalom John!

                    Great question.

                    In fact, in all the Scriptural episodes in which faithful malakim and rebellious angels are involved in warfare among them, even in the War in Heaven of Revelation Chapter 12, I don't see any of them killed, and dead, but, at most, they loose the fighting, battle, war, and they are put out of Heaven, and/or they are restrained in some Places (Tartaros, Bottomless Pit, Abyss, etc.), like a kind of Jail, waiting for YAHWEH's Judgment.
                    Or, would they be a kind of "Highlanders", a race of immortals, that can be killed, and die only under certain conditions???...