Faith and Obedience and the Feasts

  • Jahzrah Jahzrah
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2006
      Greetings,

      The question has been asked, "Where does Faith in The Creator come into this matter of keeping the Feast days on the Creator’s True Calendar?"

      Answer

      Faith is confidence, reliance or trust in the Almighty. It is taking JAH at His absolute word, believing Him, trusting Him implicitly.

      Without faith it is impossible to please the Most High. (Heb.11:6) Faith knows that the Almighty Jah and His son Jahoshuwah (JAH is salvation) will always do what they have promised. Mature faith never asks The Creator for visible manifestations or miracles to prove His love or His power. Mature faith believes the Almighty without any proof and accepts what the Father and Son have to offer without doubting their word.

      Faith, however, is not a blind belief born of ignorance.

      Instead, it is intelligent, spiritual confidence based on the Almighty's absolute reliability in His past performance as seen in His creation, in fulfilled prophecy and in answered prayer. Faith is an action of the mind. It is an inner conviction that the Holy One of Israel is holy, just, merciful and good and that He loves every one of His children. Faith is invisible righteousness and is sometimes called the 'righteousness of faith.'

      Faith is the main factor which distinguishes the people of The Most High from the rest of the world. Truthful Believers have faith in The Almighty. Humans of deceit or Unbelievers do not; many do not even believe that He exists.

      However, those that believe in Him but don’t believe 100% what the Eternal One has expounded and continue to live and teach by mixing the science of this world with the Scriptures are in for a rude awakening. But back to the point…..

      We are saved by faith in JAH'S only begotten son Jahshuwah the Messiah. Nothing else can save us. This is the very first fact we learn about salvation; that it is a free gift which we receive from Abbah - by faith! The Scripture says: the just shall live by faith!

      OBEDIENCE, on the other hand, is faith in action. Obedience is the fruit of faith. Obedience is practical righteousness. It is speaking the truth and doing good works. Obedience is following in the footsteps of the Almighty and His Son. Obedience is the visible expression of our love for the Most High. Obedience is the best and, perhaps, the only tangible evidence that our faith is alive.

      Obedience is living faith! Without obedience all professions of faith are nothing but self-deluding presumption; because where there is no obedience there really is no faith.

      The Scripture says:

      ·         James 2:26

      For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

      But obedience, important as it is, cannot save us from the consequence of our past sins, keep this fact in mind.

      The Holy Writings tell us that the penalty of sin is death, eternal death! (Rom.6:23) And since all of us have sinned at some time or the other, we all need a Saviour to save us from that death penalty.

      Only Jahshawah the Massijah, the Saviour of the world, can do that for us. We cannot save ourselves. Neither can our obedience save us; however perfect it may happen to be. Obedience cannot cancel past sins or lift that death penalty of which the Law stipulates.

      To cancel past sins we need help from above. We need a Saviour. We need Jahoshuwah to wash away the record of our past sins. That's where faith comes into the picture. The Almighty sent His son to save the world, to save you and me from sin and its eternal consequences - death!

      Jahshawah is the Saviour. His name means 'JAH is salvation.' He alone can save us from sin and its eternal consequences - death! That's why he came to earth; to save his people from their sins. (Matt.1:21)

      In short: we of the Zijahn Assembly of Jah receive Him by faith, we accept Him by faith, we live by faith in the Son of JAH, who gave Himself for us - that we might inherit eternal life.

      The Saviour doesn't only save us from the consequences of our past sins; he also annihilates from within us the tendency to sin in the future. That is the Saviour's ultimate objective, to save us from our sins - past, present and future, pause and consider that awesome truth; His will is to annihilate within us the tendency to sin in the future.

      In other words, he came to make us obedient.

      Rom.8:3
      For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, Jah sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

      True Nazarene Believers accept the Saviour by faith. Countless millions of tracts echo this basic truth about salvation.

      But having accepted salvation through faith doesn't mean we can thereafter blatantly disobey JAH, by breaking the very commandments that define sin and classify us as sinners in the first place. That would make a mockery of salvation. That would make JAH'S people, Spiritual-Jahzrael, the laughing stock of every evil angel in the universe. It would prove how ineffective the Saviour's efforts have been to save His people from their tendency to sin.

      Instead we believers should express our faith by keeping the Almighty's commandments, by being obedient in EVERY WORD, by not sinning in the future.

      The Scriptures say:

      • 1 John 2:3:
      And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4: He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

      Put another way, we may say that faith and obedience are two sides of the same spiritual coin. If either is missing the coin is worthless. Consequently to the two most important questions ever asked:

      1.     'What must I do to be saved?'
      2.     'What good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?'

      These two vital answers are given; each spelling out the same eternal truth in two different ways. Here are the two answers:

      PAUL said:

      • Acts 16:30:
      And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31: And they said, Believe on the Adonay Jahoshuwah the Messiah, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

      JAHSHUWAH said:

      • Matt.19:16:
      And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17: And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, JAH: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

      As you can see there really is no conflict between Paul and Jahshuwah, between faith and obedience; any more than there are two roads to salvation or eternal life.

      Both Paul and Jahshuwah are saying the same thing in different ways. Paul speaks of faith, that invisible action of the mind. Jahshuwah speaks of obedience, the visible actions that reflect what is in the mind.

      The Apostle James says the same thing in yet another way. He wrote:

      • James 2:20
      But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

      In short, Obedience is faith in action, living faith! You cannot have one without the other. Both are absolutely essential if you want to please JAH. That is what the Scriptures teach. Dare we say anything different!

      This is why we keep the Feastivals of the Most High on His Calendar, because we wish to faithfully OBEY Him and not man. In this we indeed endeavour to walk in the LIGHT that is set before us that we may please our Maker by Obeying His Commands. And keeping the SET Feasts at the truly appointed times and seasons is one of the facts we wish to share with those who want to walk in complete obedience.

      May the Originator of the Universe continue to open our eyes that we can see and our ears that we can hear. One Love.

      Glory be the Abbah and to the Ben!

      Check out the website of the Zion Assembly of Jah with over 70 articles to study at http://www.members.tripod.com/zionofjah/

      Our join our discussion forum at thetruecalendar@yahoogroups.com

      There is much information on the Scriptural Almenach (Calendar), the Creator's Universe, His Name, Laws, Festivals and plan of Salvation at these links. Enjoy!

      Glory be to Jah and His Son Jahshuwah!