Re: [TheTrueCommunity] When Is Morning Part 2

  • PWC
    Message 1 of 156 , Oct 27 7:36 PM
      Dear Br. Carlo,
              Here is Part 2 of 4.

      YashaNa.
      Br. Paul

      PROOF OF THE SCRIPTURAL
      SUNRISE-TO-SUNRISE DAILY CYCLE
      Part 2 of 4

      Morning & Night Are Synonymous

      The above becomes very important in such writings as Philo's. Although Philo was a contemposrary of our Messiah Yahusha, Philo was an Alexandrian Jew; a deacon in the church; writing in his native tongue of Greek. Notice what Philo has to say about what language the Law was originally written in.

      Philo the Alexandrian Jew On the Life of Moses II Bk 25:5:26,27
      (26) IN OLDEN TIME THE LAWS WERE WRITTEN IN THE CHALDAEAN LANGUAGE, and for a long time they remained in the same condition as at first, not changing their language as long as their beauty had not made them known to other nations; (27) but when, from the daily and uninterrupted respect shown to them by those to whom they had been given, and from their ceaseless observance of their ordinances, OTHER NATIONS ALSO OBTAINED AN UNDERSTANDING OF THEM, their reputation spread over all lands; for what was really good, even though it may through envy be overshadowed for a short time, still in time shines again through the intrinsic excellence of its nature. SOME PERSONS, THINKING IT A SCANDALOUS THING THAT THESE LAWS SHOULD ONLY BE KNOWN AMONG ONE HALF PORTION OF THE HUMAN RACE, namely, among the barbarians, AND THAT THE GREEK NATION SHOULD BE WHOLLY AND ENTIRELY IGNORANT OF THEM, TURNED THEIR ATTENTION TO THEIR TRANSLATION.

      The scriptural rule to establish a truth is to have the support of two or three witnesses. Below are many more than three witnesses in scripture testifying to the fact that Morning is the last half of Night. We know that Morning and Evening are opposites; therefore; extrapolating from this proof, we can safely and certainly state that Evening is the last half of Day.

      Morning coming after Midnight is very plainly demonstrated in the passage below from the Early Christian writing, the Acts of Philip Chpt 9. Here it states plainly that Morning came after Midnight prayers.

      Acts of Philip 9:102
      102] They journeyed five days, AND ONE MORNING AFTER MIDNIGHT PRAYERS a sudden wind arose, great and dark (misty), and out of it ran a great smoky (misty) dragon, with a black back, and a belly like coals of brass in sparkles of fire, and a body over a hundred cubits long, and a multitude of snakes and their young followed it, and the desert quaked for a long distance.

      And then we have the same kind of example of Morning as a time in the Night in
      1 Samuel 29:9-11.

      1 Samuel 29:9-11
      09] Forsooth (for truth) Achish answered, and spake to David, I know thou are good, and as the angel of Iehouah (Jehovah/Yahuah) in my eyes; but the princes of Philistines said, He shall not rise with thee into battle. 10] Therefore RISE THOU EARLY (*1), thou, and thy servants that came with thee; AND WHEN YE HAVE RISEN BY NIGHT (*2), AND IT BEGINS TO BE CLEAR (*3), go ye. 11] Therefore DAVID ROSE BY NIGHT (*2), HE AND HIS MEN, THAT THEY SHOULD GO FORTH EARLY (*1), and turn again to the land of Philistines; soothly (truly) Philistines rose into Jezrael.

      (*1) Middle English Arly - Early. Equates with Middle English Morwenynge Morning; also Middle English Uhtentid - from Old English root word Uhte - a German loan word meaning the part of the night before daybreak; and with Strong's H # 7925 Shakam - Morning.
      (*2) Middle English Nyytertale - Night. Equates with Strong's H # 7925 Shakam - Morning.
      (*3) Clear - Strong's H # 216 Ore - Sunlight; after Boqer; Dawn; on the Morrow. Equates with the Middle English Morwen - Morn; Morrow; Next Day.

      Just as with Wycliffe, the 1899 Douay-Rheims version states very plainly the Morning comes before the light of the New Day.

      29:10] Therefore arise in the morning, thou, and the servants of thy lord, who came with thee: and when you are up before day, and it shall begin to be light, go on your way.

      The 1568 Bishops Bible renders the same verse:
      29:10] Wherefore now ryse vp earlie in the morning with thy maisters seruautes that are come to thee: and whe ye be vp earlie, assoone as ye haue lyght, departe.

      The 1599 Geneva Bible renders the same verse:
      29:10] Wherefore now rise vp earely in the morning with thy masters seruants that are come with thee: and when ye be vp earely, assoone as ye haue light, depart.

      Here we have a second example of equating Morning with the Night:

      Joshua 3:1,5
      01] Therefore JOSHUA ROSE BY NIGHT (*1), and moved tents; and they went out of Shechem, and came to (River) Jordan, he and all the sons of Israel, and dwelt there three days. 05] And Joshua said to the people, Be ye hallowed, for TOMORROW (*2) IEHOUAH (JEHOVAH/YAHUAH) SHALL SHOW YE MARVELS AMONG YE.

      (*1) Middle English Nyytertale - Night. Equates with Strong's H # 3915 Layil - Night; Mid-Night Season.
      (*2) Middle English To-morwen - Tomorrow. Equates with Strong's H # 1242 Boqer - Dawn; Morrow.

      There is an apparent discrepency between the Wycliffe/Douay-Rheims versions and the KJV/JPS OT versions. The Wycliffe/Douay-Rheims render Night and Before Daylight. Night equates with Middle English Nyytertale - Night; and Middle English Morwenynge - Morning; also Middle English Uhtentid from Old English root word Uhte - a German loan word meaning the part of the Night before Daybreak.

      However, the KJV/JPS OT render Morning - keyed as Strong's H # 1242 Boqer - Dawn; Morrow; but it seems that this is one of the rare occasions where the KJV/JPS OT use Morning in its true sense, of pre-Dawn Darkness.

      We find find a third example of equating Morning with Night. Please also note that both of the passages below state the AT EVEN THE SUN WAS DOWN - NOT IN THE ACT OF EVENING:

      Mark 1:32-35
      32] But WHEN THE DAY SETTLING (1*) WAS COME, AND THE SUN WAS GONE DOWN (*2), they brought to him (Yahusha) all that were of malaise (sickness), and them that had fiends. 33] And all the city was gathered at the gate. 34] And he heeled many, that had diverse maladies (sicknesses), and he cast out many fiends, and he suffered them not to speak, for they knew him. 35] AND HE ROSE FULL EARLY (*3), and went out, and went into a desert place, and prayed there.

      (*1) Middle English Dagesetelen - Day Settling; sinking to rest at Evenetide - the hour it takes the Sun to fully set below the horizon. Equates with Strong's G # 3798 Opsios - Late Afternoon.
      (*2) Middle English Setelgang - Sunset. Equates with Strong's G # 1416 Duno/Dumi - To Set; Sink; Go Down.
      (*3) Middle English Full Arly - Full Early. Equates with Middle English Morwenynge - Morning; also Middle English Uhtentid - from Old English root word Uhte - a German loan word meaning the part of the night before daybreak. Equates with Strong's G # 3029 & G # 4404 - Lian Proi - Much; Greatly; Exceedingly Before Dawn.

      The following is an excerpt from 3 Maccabees Chpt 5. For the whole account covering four consecutive days wherein King Ptolemy Philopator had planned to exterminate the Jews, see 3 Maccabees 5:1 to 6:36 in the section on 3 Maccbees. This excerpt PLAINLY DEMONSTRATES THAT MORNING HAPPENS BEFORE DAYBREAK (DAYSPRING/MORN), WHILE THERE IS YET ANY RAYS OF THE SUN.

      3 Maccabees 5:20-24 (1952 RSV)
      20] BUT, HE (KING PTOLEMY PHILOPATOR) ADDED, TOMORROW (*1) WITHOUT DELAY PREPARE THE ELEPHANTS IN THE SAME WAY FOR THE DESTRUCTION OF THE LAWLESS JEWS!" 21] When the king had spoken, all those present readily and joyfully with one accord gave their approval, and each departed to his own home. 22] BUT THEY DID NOT SO MUCH EMPLOY THE DURATION OF THE NIGHT IN SLEEP AS IN DEVISING ALL SORTS OF INSULTS FOR THOSE THEY SOUGHT TO BE DOOMED. 23] THEN, AS SOON AS THE COCK HAD CROWED (*2) IN THE EARLY MORNING (*2), HERMON, having equipped the beasts, BEGAN TO MOVE THEM ALONG IN A GREAT COLONNADE. 24] THE CROWDS OF THE CITY HAD ASSEMBLED FOR THIS MOST PITIFUL SPECTACLE AND THEY WERE EARGERLY WAITING FOR DAYBREAK. 25] But the Jews, at their last gasp, since the time had run out, stretched their hands toward heaven and with most tearful supplication and mournful dirges implored the Almighty Iehouah (Yahuah) to help them again at once. 26] THE RAYS OF THE SUN WERE NOT YET SHED ABROAD, .....

      (*1) Equates with Middle English To-Morwen - Tomorrow; and Strong's H #1242 Boqer - Dawn; Morrow.
      (*2) International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (ISBE) - Cock: The first full salute (cock crow) comes almost to the minute at half-past eleven, the second at half-past one, and the third at Dawn.
      (*3) Middle English Arly Morwenyng - Early Morning; After Mid-night.

      The following passages states very clearly that the Passover (Paschal Lamb) was slain in the Afternoon of Abib 14th. THE EVENING BEGINS IN THE DAYLIGHT AFTER THE SUN PASSES THE ZENITH AT HIGH NOON.

      Matthew 26:2-5,17-21
      02] Ye know that after two days Passover shall be made, and man's son shall be committed to be crucified. 03] Then the princes of priests and the elder men of the people were gathered into the hall of the prince of priests, that was said Caiaphis, 04] and made a counsel to hold Yahusha with guile, and slay him. 05] but they said, Not in the holiday, lest peradventure noise were made in the people. 17] AND IN THE FIRST DAY OF UNFERMENTED (UNLEAVENED) LOAVES (PASSOVER DAY - ABIB 14) THE DISCIPLES CAME TO YAHUSHA and said, Where would thou we make ready to thee, to eat Passover? 18] Yahusha said, Go ye into the city to some man, and say to him, The Master says, Mine time is nigh; at thee I make Passover with mine disciples. 19] And the disciples did, as Yahusha commanded to them; and they made the Passover ready. 20] AND WHEN EVEN (*1) (ABIB 14) WAS COME, HE SAT TO MEAT WITH HIS TWELVE DISCIPLES. 21] And he said to them, as they ate, Soothly (truly) I say to ye, that one of ye shall betray me.

      (*1) Middle English Eve - Even. Equates with Strong's G # 3798 Opsios - Late Afternoon.

      Luke 22:1,7,14
      01] And the holiday of Unfermented (Unleavened) Loaves, that is said Passover, nighed. 07] But the days of Unfermented Loaves came, in which it was needed, that the sacrifice of Passover were slain. 14] AND WHEN THE HOUR (*1) WAS COME, HE (YAHUSHA) SAT TO MEAT (MEAL), AND THE TWELVE APOSTLES WITH HIM.

      (*1) Middle English Oure - Hour. Equates with Strong's G # 5610 Hora - Hour; Eventide.

      Mark 14:1,2,12-14,17,18 ,26,27
      01] Passover and the Feast of Unfermented (Unleavened) Loaves was after two days. And the highest priests and scribes sought how they should hold him (Yahusha) with guile, and slay. 02] But they said, Not in the Feast Day, lest peradventure a noise were made among the people. 12] And the first day of Unfermented (Unleavened) Loaves, when they offered the Passover, the disciples said to him, Whither will thou that we go, and make ready, that thou eat the Passover? 13] And he sent two of his disciples, and said to them, Go ye into the city, and a man bearing a gallon of lough (water) shall meet ye; follow ye him. 14] And whither ever he enters, say ye to the master of the house, That the Master says, Where is mine eating place, where I shall eat Passover with mine disciples? 17] AND WHEN THE EVEN (*1) WAS COME, he came with the twelve. 18] And when they sat at the meat, and ate, Yahusha said, Soothly (truly) I say to ye, that one of ye that eats with me, shall betray me. 26] And when the hymn was said, they went out into the Hill (Mount) of Olives. 27] And YAHUSHA SAID TO THEM, ALL YE SHALL BE SLANDERED IN ME THIS NIGHT (*2); for it is written, I shall smyte the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered.

      (*1) Middle English Eve - Even. Equates with Strong's G # 3798 Opsios - Late Afternoon.
      (*2) Middle English Nyytertale - Night. Equates with Strong's G # 3571 Nux - Night; Midnight.

      The following passage from Job conclusively proves that Dawn/Sunrise is the beginning of a new daily cycle by plainly referring to BOQER (DAWN/DAYSPRING) - THE TIME WHEN THE SUN IS FULLY RISEN.

      Job 38:4-12
      04] Where were thou when I set the foundations of earth? show thou to me, if thou have understanding. 05] Who set measures thereof if thou know? or who stretched forth a line thereon? 06] On what thing are the foundations thereof made fast? or WHO SENT DOWN THE CORNER STONE THEREOF, 07] WHEN THE MORN (*1) STARS PRAISED ME TOGETHER, and all the sons of Iehouah (Yahuah) sang joyfully? 08] Who closed together the sea with doors when it when it brakes out coming as of the womb? 09] When I set a cloud the covering thereof, and I wrapped it in darkness, as with clothes of young childhood. 10] I compassed it with my limits and I set a bar, and doors; 11] and I said, Until thou shall come, and thou shall not go further; and here thou shall brake together thy swelling waves. 12] AFTER THY BIRTH DID THOU COMMAND THE BEGINNING OF DAY (*2), AND SHOW TO THE MORN (*3) HIS PLACE?

      (*1) Middle English Morwen - Morn; Morrow Day. Equates with Strong's H # 1242 Boqer; Dawn; Morrow.
      (*2) Middle English Dahging - Daying; Dawning. Equates with Strong's H # 1242 Boqer - Dawn; New Day.
      (*3) Middle English Morwen - Morn; Morrow Day. Equates with Strong's H # 7837 Shachar - Dayspring; Dawn.

      The following passage is from 2 Samuel 11 where David spies Bathsheba bathing. It proves conclusively that Evening is part of Afternoon Daylight. The 1384 Wycliffe, the 1899 Douay-Rheims, & 1952 RSV indicate that David rose after mid-day; after noon; and late one afternoon, respectively. The 1917 JPS Old Testament clearly states that David rose at Eventide (equates with Middle English Dagesetelen - Day Settling - which is the hour it takes the Sun to fully set at Middle English Setelegang - Sunset).

      2 Samuel 11:1,2
      01] Forsooth (for truth) it was done, when the year turned again in that time wherein kings are accustomed to go forth to battles, David sent Joab, and with him his servants, and all Israel; and they destroyed the sons of Ammon, and beseiged Rabbah; forsooth (for truth) David dwelt in Jerusalem. 02] While these things were done, it befell, that DAVID AROSE in a day from his bed AFTER MID-DAY (*1), and walked in the soler (upper room) of the king's house; and he sighted a woman washing herself even against on her soler (upper room); soothly (truly) the woman was full fair.

      (*1) Middle English Mid-dage; Midday. Equates with Strong's H # 6256 & H # 6153 Eth Ereb - Noontide to Eventide.

      To continue with this account of David and Bathsheba:

      2 Samuel 11:12-15
      12] Therefore DAVID SAID TO URIAH, DWELL THOU HERE ALSO TO-DAY (*1), AND TO-MORROW (*2) I WILL DELIVER THEE. URIAH DWELT IN JERUSALEM THAT DAY, AND TOMORROW. 13] And David cleped (called) him, that he should eat and drink before him, and David made drunken Uriah; and he went out in the day settling, and slept in his bed with the servants of his master; and went not down to his house. 14] THEREFORE THE MORN (*3) WAS MADE, AND DAVID WROTE AN EPISTLE (LETTER) TO JOAB, and sent by the hand of Uriah, 15] and wrote in the epistle (letter), Set ye Uriah against the battle, where the battle is strongest, that is, where the adversaries are strong, and forsake ye him, that he be smitten and perish.

      (*1) Middle English To-Dage - Today. Equates with Strong's H # 3117 Yom - Today.
      (*2) Middle English To-Morwen - Tomorrow. Equates with Strong's H # 4279 Machar - Tomorrow; Next Day.
      (*3) Middle English Morwen - Morn; Morrow Day. Equates with Strong's H # 1242 Boqer; Dawn; Morrow.

      It will be noticed that Josephus make specific reference to David's late Evening attempt to persuade Uriah to stay THAT NIGHT with David. If the correct reckoning of the scriptural daily cycle was from Sunset-to-Sunset, then Josephus has make a blunder that calls into question his integrity as a credible Jewish historian for all time by referring to this particular Night as THAT NIGHT and not Tomorrow Night or the Next Night.

      Josephus Antiquities of the Jews 7:7:1
      (1) BUT David fell now into a very grievous sin, though he were otherwise naturally a righteous and a religious man, and one that firmly observed the laws of our fathers; for when LATE IN AN EVENING HE TOOK A VIEW ROUND HIM FROM THE ROOF OF HIS ROYAL PALACE, where he used to walk at that hour, he saw a woman washing herself in her own house: she was one of extraordinary beauty, and therein surpassed all other women; her name was Bathsheba. So he was overcome by that woman's beauty, and was not able to restrain his desires, but sent for her, and lay with her. ..... the king sent for Joab's armor-bearer from the siege, who was the woman's husband, and his name was Uriah. ..... the king took some portions of meat from his supper, and gave them to him, and bade him go home to his wife, and take his rest with her. Uriah did not do so, but slept near the king with the rest of his armor-bearers. ..... THE KING ORDERED HIM (URIAH) TO STAY THERE THAT NIGHT, THAT HE MIGHT DISMISS HIM THE NEXT DAY TO THE GENERAL.

      The following passages from the Books of Mark and John clearly show that Evening is a continuation of the present daily cycle:

      Mark 4:35
      35] And he (Yahusha) said to them IN THAT (*1) DAY (*2), WHEN DAY SETTLING (*3) WAS COME, Pass we againward.

      (*1) Middle English Thet - That. Equates with Strong's G # 1565 Ekienos - Self-same; Very same.
      (*2) Middle English Dage - Day. Equates with Strong's G # 2250 Hemera - Day; also with Strong's H # 3117 Yom - literally the warm hours of Daylight.
      (*3) Middle English Dagesetelen - Day Settling; sinking to rest at Evenetide - the hour it takes the Sun to fully set below the horizon. Equates with Strong's G # 3798 Opsios - Late Afternoon.

      John 20:19
      19] Therefore WHEN IT WAS EVEN (*1) IN THAT (*2) DAY (*3), ONE OF THE SABBATHS (*4), and the gates of were shut, where the disciples were gathered, for dread of the Jews, Yahusha came, and stood in the middle of the disciples, and he said to them, Peace to ye.

      (*1) Middle English Eve - Even. Equates with Strong's G # 3798 Opsios - Late Afternoon.
      (*2) Middle English Thet - That. Equates with Strong's G # 1565 Ekienos - Self-same; Very same.
      (*3) Middle English Dage - Day. Equates with Strong's G # 2250 Hemera - Day.
      (*4) Middle English Sabatis - Sabbaths. Equates with Strong's G # 4521 Sabaton - from H # 7676 Shabbath (Sabbath) - by extension the interval between two Sabbaths. By context, the first day of the sabbath/week.

      Given the truth of the above scriptural witnesses, from numerous versions over the past 600+ years, we arrive at THESE SCRIPTURAL DEFINITIONS:
      MORN - MORROW - WHEN THE SUN HAS FULLY RISEN OVER THE HORIZON - A NEW DAILY CYCLE BEGINS.

      EVENING - SUNSETTING - THE ACT OF BECOMING NIGHT - SUN SETTING BEGINS AFTER IT PASSES THE ZENITH AT HIGH NOON - SUNSETTING CONTINUES UNTIL THE SUN HAS FULLY SET BELOW THE HORIZON.

      EVEN - WHEN THE SUN HAS FULLY SET BELOW THE HORIZON - NIGHT BEGINS.

      MORNING - MORROWING - THE ACT OF BECOMING MORN - MORNING BEGINS AT MID-NIGHT WHEN THE SUN BEGINS RISING AGAIN AND CONTINUES UNTIL THE SUN HAS FULLY RISEN OVER THE HORIZON BEGINNING A NEW DAILY CYCLE ON THE MORROW/NEW DAY.
      Applying the above definitions to Genesis 1:5 we can read: and THERE WAS SUN SETTING AND THERE WAS SUN RISING, one day.

      If the above is not enough evidence to dispell any lingering skepticism of the veracity of the scriptural daily cycle beginning with Daylight then please continue to study all the evidence to support the fact that the scriptural daily cycle begins and ends with Sunrise. What follows is a preponderance of other scriptural evidence that supports this FACT. This fact is not limited to the so-called accepted canon of 66 books of the modern Christian Bible, but also includes scripture from the Apochrypha (written 250 BCE - 50 BCE), and early Christian writings of the first couple of Centuries CE, before the rise to despotic power of the Roman Catholic Church, which burned thousands of Early Christian Books and Manuscripts of Hebrew origin through the early years of 15th Century CE.

      GENESIS
      Genesis 1:4,5,8,13,19,23,31
      04] And Iehouah (Jehovah/Yahuah) sighted the light, that it was good, and he divided light from the darknesses; and called the light, 05] day, and the darkness, night. AND DAY SETTLING (*1) AND MORN (*2) WAS MADE, one day.
      08] And Iehouah (Jehovah/Yahuah) called the firmament, heaven. AND DAY SETTLING (*1) AND MORN (*2), the second day.
      13] And AND SAAY SETTLING (*1) AND MORN (*2) WAS MADE, the third day.
      19] AND DAY SETTLING (*1) AND MORN (*2) WAS MADE, the fourth day.
      23] AND DAY SETTLING (*1) AND MORN (*2) WAS MADE, the fifth day.
      31] And Iehouah (Jehovah/Yahuah) saw all things which He made, and those were full good. AND DAY SETTLING (*1) AND MORN (*2) WAS MADE, the sixth day.

      (*1) Middle English Dagesetelen - Day Settling. Equates with Strong's H # 6153 Ereb - Dusk; Eventide - from H # 6150 Arab - To Grow Dusky at Sunset - identical to H # 6148 Arab - to mingle; meddle, intermix (light with darkness).
      (*2) Middle English Morwen - Morn; Morrow Day. Equates with Strong's H # 1242 Boqer; Dawn; Morrow.

      Genesis 19:1,2,15,23
      01] And TWIN ANGELS CAME TO SODOM AT SETELGANG (*1), while Lot set in the gates of the city. And when he had seen them, and worshipped low to earth, 02] and said, My masters, I beseech, bow ye into the house of your child, and dwell ye there; wash ye your feet, AND IN THE MORN (*2) YE SHOULD GO YOUR WAY. Which said, Nay, but we should dwell in the street. 15] AND MORN (*2) WAS MADE, THE ANGELS CONSTRAINED HIM (Lot), and said, Rise thou, and take thy wife, and thy two daughters which thou has, lest also thou perish together in the sins of the city. 23] THE SUN DAYED (*3) ON EARTH, and Lot entered into Zoar.

      (*1) Middle English Setelgang - Sunset. Equates with Strong's H # 6153 Ereb - Dusk; Eventide - from H # 6150 Arab - To Grow Dusky at Sunset - identical to H # 6148 Arab - to mingle; meddle, intermix (light with darkness).
      (*2) Middle English Morwen - Morn; Morrow Day. Equates with Strong's H # 1242 Boqer; Dawn; Morrow.
      (*3) Middle English Dahgide - Dayed; Dawned. Equates with Strong's H # 3318 Yatsa -Be Risen.
      Yesterday/Yesternight

      1828 Noah Webster's Dictionary defines YESTER, YESTERDAY, & YESTERNIGHT as:
      Yester - Last; last past; next before the present; as yester sun.
      [Note. This is seldom used except in the compounds which follow.]
      Yesterday
      - 1. The day last past; the day next before the present.
      Yesternight - 1. The last night.

      In the account of Lot's daughters committing incest with Lot, we have indisputable proof that Night follows Day in the Daily Cycle; that Night is the last half of the previous Daily Cycle. In this brief account it is clearly demonstrated that Night belongs to the previous Daily Cycle as the Night is specifically referred to as YESTERDAY.

      Genesis 19:30-35
      30] And Lot ascended from Segor, and dwelt in the hill, and his two daughters with him, for he dreaded to dwell in Segor; and he dwelt in a den (cave), he and his two daughters with him. 31] And the more (older) daughter said to the lesser (younger), Our father is old, and no man is left in the earth, that may enter to us, by the custom of all earth; 32] come thou, make we him drunken of wine, and sleep we with him, that we may keep seed of our father. 33] And so THEY GAVE TO THEIR FATHER TO DRINK WINE IN THAT NIGHT (*1), and the more (older) daughter entered, and slept with their father; and he felt not, neither when the daughter lay down, neither when she rose. 34] AND IN THE MORN (*2) the more (older) daughter said to the lass, Look-see! I SLEPT YESTERDAY (*3) WITH MINE FATHER, GIVE WE TO HIM TO DRINK WINE ALSO THIS NIGHT; thou shall sleep with him, that we save seed of our father. 35] AND THEY GAVE TO THEIR FATHER ALSO IN THAT NIGHT (*1) TO DRINK WINE, and the lesser (younger) daughter entered, and slept with him; and soothly (truly) he felt not then when she lay down, neither when she rose.

      (*1) Middle English Thet Nyytertale - That Night. Equates with Strong's H # 1931 & H # 3915 - Hu/Hiy Layil - Night - The Self Same (Mid)Night Season.
      (*2) Middle English Morwen - Morn; Morrow Day. Equates with Strong's H # 4283 Mochorath/Mochoratham - The Morrow; Tomorrow; Next Day.
      (*3) Middle English Gistirdage - Yesterday. Equates with Strong's H # 570 Emesh - Yesterday; Last Night.

      Genesis 24:54
      54] And when a feast was made, THEY ATE AND DRANK TOGETHER, AND DWELT (*1) THERE. Forsooth (for truth) THE CHILD ROSE EARLY (*2), and spake, Deliver ye me, that I go to mine master.

      (*1) Dwelt - Strong's H # 3885 Loon/Leen - Abide; Lie; Lodge; Remain; Tarry all/that Night
      (*2) Middle English Arly - Early. Equates with Middle English Morwen - Morn; Morrow Day; also Strong's H # 1242 Boqer; Dawn; Morrow.

      Genesis 29:21-24
      21] And he said to Laban, Give my wife to me, for the time is fulfilled that enter to her. 22] And when many companies (households) of friends were called to the feast, he made weddings (pledgings), 23] and IN THE DAY SETTLING (*1) LABAN BROUGHT INTO HIM (JACOB) LEAH HIS DAUGHTER,
      24] and gave a handmaid, Zilpah by name, to the daughter. And when Jacob had entered to her (to perform husbandly duties) by custom, WHEN THE MORN (*2) WAS MADE, HE SAWE LEAH, 25] ...

      (*1) Middle English Dagesetelen - Day Settling - sinking to rest at eventide - even time - the hour it takes the sun to fully set. Equates with Strong's H # 6153 Ereb - Dusk; Eventide.
      (*2) Middle English Morwen - Morn; Morrow Day. Equates with Strong's H # 1242 Boqer; Dawn; Morrow.

      Genesis 30:15,16,33
      15] Leah answered, Whether it seems little to thee, that thou have ravished my housebond (husband) from me, nay but thou take also some mandrakes of my son? Rachel said, The housebond (husband) sleep with thee in this night for the mandrakes of thy son. 16] And when JACOB CAME AGAIN FROM THE FIELD AT DAY SETTLING (*1), Leah went out into his comings and said, Thou shall enter to me, for I have hired thee with the hire for the mandrakes of my son. HE SLEPT WITH HER (LEAH) IN THAT NIGHT (*2); 33] And MY RIGHTFULNESS SHALL ANSWER TO ME MORN (*3), when the time of covenant shall come before thee; and all that are not diverse and spotted and dun (dun colored/dull brown), as well in sheep as in goats, should reprove me of theft.

      (*1) Middle English Dagesetelen - Day Settling - sinking to rest at eventide - even time - the hour it takes the sun to fully set. Equates with Strong's H # 6153 Ereb - Dusk; Eventide.
      (*2) Middle English Thet Nyytertale - That Night. Equates with Strong's H # 1931 & H # 3915 - Hu/Hiy Layil - Night - The Self Same (Mid)Night Season.
      (*3) Middle English Morwen - Morn; Morrow Day. Equates with Strong's H # 3117 Yom - Warm Daylight Hours; H # 4278 Machar - Tomorrow; Next Day.

      Genesis 32:23,24,26,31
      23] And when all things that pertained to him (Jacob) were led over (the ford), he dwelt alone, and, look-see! 24] A MAN (ANGEL) WRESTLED WITH HIM (JACOB) UNTIL THE MORN (*1). 26] AND HE (THE ANGEL) SAID TO JACOB, LEAVE THOU ME, FOR THE MORN (*1) DAYS (*2) NOW. Jacob answered, I shall not leave thee, nay but thou bless me. 31] AND AT ONCE THE SUN DAYED (*3) TO HIM, after that he passed Penuel; forsooth (for truth) he halted in the foot(steps).

      (*1) Middle English Morwen - Morn; Morrow Day. Equates with Strong's H # 7837 Shachar - Dayspring; Dawn
      (*2) Middle English Daghis - Days; Dawns. Equates with Strong's H # 5927 Alah - Break of Day.
      (*3) Middle English Dahgide - Dayed; Dawned. Equates with Strong's H # 2224 Zarach - Appeared.

      Genesis 44:3
      03] And WHEN THE MORN (*1) DAYED (*2), they were delivered with their asses.

      (*1) Middle English Morwen - Morn; Morrow Day. Equates with Strong's H # 1242 Boqer; Dawn; Morrow.
      (*2) Middle English Daghide - Dayed; Dawned. Equates with Strong's H # 215 Ore - Break of Day.

      Water Drawing Time

      In these passages from John Chpt 4, the Essene Gospel of the Holy Twelve Chpt 23 (discovered 1870) it is quite clear that the Samaritan woman came to draw water at Jacob's well at the 6th hour of the day - the noontide hour, which is in harmony with
      Genesis Chpt 24.

      International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (ISBE) - Water Drawer:
      The drawing of water was considered the work of women or of men unfit for other service (Genesis 24:11,13; 1 Samuel 9:11; John 4:7). WATER DRAWING WAS USUALLY DONE AT EVENING TIME (Genesis 24:11), AND THIS CUSTOM HAS REMAINED UNCHANGED. (Genesis 24; John 4). (emphasis added)

      John 4:6,7
      06] And the well of Jacob was there; and Immanuel (Yahusha) was weary of the journey, and sat thus upon the well. AND THE HOUR WAS, AS IT WERE MIDDAY (*1). 07] AND A WOMAN CAME FROM SAMARIA, TO DRAW WATER. And Yahusha said to her, Give me drink.

      (*1) Middle English Mid-dage - Midday; Noon. Equates with Strong's G # 1623 Hektos - Sixth, and G # 5610 Hora - Hour - 6th Hour/Noon Time - Beginning the First Hour of Evening.

      The following passage is from The Essene Gospel of the Holy Twelve; aka the Gospel of the Nazirenes. It is the most ancient and complete early Christian fragment. This Gospel was fundementally used to instruct those Jews who were converting from the simple Jewish faith to that of Messianic Nazirene Judaism and The Way. Written in Aramaic, the text includes the complete life and teachings of Yahusha. In 1870 The Gospel of the Holy Twelve was published from an ancient manuscript discovered in an eastern monastery; another copy was also found at the Mt. Carmel Monastery. In 1997 a newer translation of this gospel was published under the name of The Gospel of the Nazirenes, by Alan Wauters and Rick VanWyhe. While the modern church which remains drunk on the old wine of Rome will vehemently reject many of the tenets of this gospel, an astute reader will immediately see that many readings parallel those in the Gospel of Thomas which was not discovered until 1947. Many missing elements which were removed from our present New Testament copies are still represented and well contained in this writing.

      Essene Gopsel of the Holy Twelve 23:1-3 (aka The Gospel of the Nazirenes)
      01] THEN CAME YAHUSHA TO A CITY OF SAMARIA,
      which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. 02] Now Jacob’s well was there. Yahusha therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat alone on the edge of the well, AND IT WAS ABOUT THE SIXTH HOUR (*1). 03] AND THERE CAME A WOMAN OF SAMARIA TO DRAW WATER; Yahusha saith unto her, Give me to drink. (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy food).

      (*1) 6th Hour. Equates with Middle English Mid-dage - Midday; Noon; also with Strong's G # 1623 Hektos - Sixth, and G # 5610 Hora - Hour - 6th Hour/Noon Time - Beginning the First Hour of Evening.
      The following passage shows the complete daily cycle of this day; characterized by water drawing at noontide; and dwell in (v 23) [lodge - RSV] (this night) was followed by rising up on the morrow; ie, the next day.
      Genesis 24:10-13, 20-23, 42-44, 54
      10] And he took ten camels of the flock of his master, and went forth, and bear with him of all the goods of his master; and he went forth, and came to Mesopotamia (Pandan Aeam), to the city of Nahor. 11] And when HE MADE THE CAMELS TO REST without the city, beside the pit of water, IN THE DAY SETTLING (*1), IN THAT TIME (*2) in which the woman are wont (accustomed) to go out to draw water, 12] he said, Almighty Iehouah (Jehovah/Yahuah) of mine master Abraham, I beseech, meet with me today, and do mercy with mine master Abraham. 13] Look-see! I stand nigh the well of water, and the daughters of inhabiters of this city should go out to draw water; 20] And she held out the water pot in troughs, and ran again to the pit, to draw water, and she gave water drawn to all camels. 21] Soothly (truly) he beheld her privily, and would know whether Yahuah had sped his way, or nay. 22] Therefore after that the camels drank, the man brought forth golden ear rings, weighing two shekels (23 grams or 0.80 oz), and as many rings of the arm, in the weight of ten shekels (115 grams or 4 oz). 23] And he said to her, Whose daughter are thou? show thou to me, IS ANY PLACE IN THE HOUSE OF THY FATHER TO DWELL (*3)? 42] Therefore I came today to the well of water, and I said, Yahuah of mine master Abraham, if thou have addressed mine way in which I go now, look-see! 43] I stand beside the well of water, and the maid that should go out to draw water hears me, give thou to me a little water to drink of thy pot, 44] and says to me, And thou drink, and I shall draw water to thy camels, the ilk (the same) is the woman which Yahuah has made ready to the son of mine master. 54] And WHEN A FEAST WAS MADE, THEY ATE AND DRANK TOGETHER, AND DWELT (*3) THERE. Forsooth (for truth) THE CHILD ROSE EARLY (*4), and spake, Deliver ye me, that I go to my master.

      (*1) Middle English Dagesetelen - Day Settling - sinking to rest at eventide - even time - the hour it takes the sun to fully set. Equates with Strong's H # 6153 Ereb - Dusk; Eventide.
      (*2) Middle English Thet Tyme- That Time. Equates with Strong's H # 6256 & H # 6153 Eth Ereb - Noontide to Eventide.
      (*3) Middle English Dwelle - Dwell. Equates with Strong's H # 3885 Loon/Leen - Lodge, Dwell, Remain, Tarry the Whole Night; by context all this Night.
      (*4) Middle English Arly -Early. Equates with Middle English Morwen - Morn; Dawn; Morrow; Next Day; and Strong's H #1242 Boqer - Dawn; Morrow.

      It is quite evident from the passage below that the event of drawing water happened during daylight hours before Samuel officiated over the sacrificial feast that Saul also took part of.
      1 Samuel 9:9-12,15-19
      09] Sometime in Israel each man going to counsel Iehouah (Jehovah/Yahuah) spake thus, Come ye, and go we to the seer, for he, that is said today a prophet, was called sometime a seer. 10] And Saul said to his child, Thy word is the best; come thou, go we. And they went into the city, in which the man of Iehouah (Jehovah / Yahuah) was. 11] And when they ascended into the highness of the city, THEY FOUND DAMSELS GOING OUT TO DRAW WATER (*1) and they said to the damsels, Whether the seer is here? 12] Which damsels answered, and said to them, He is here; look-see! he is before thee; haste thou now, FOR TODAY (*2) HE CAME INTO THE CITY; FOR TODAY (*2) IS A SACRIFICE OF THE PEOPLE in the high place. 15] Forsooth (for truth) IEHOUAH (JEHOVAH / YAHUAH) HAD MADE REVELATION IN THE EAR OF SAMUEL A DAY BEFORE A DAY, THAT SAUL CAME, and said, 16] IN THE SAME HOUR (*3) WHICH IS NOW TO-MORROW (*4), I shall send to thee a man of the land of Benjamin, and thou shall anoint him duke on mine people Israel, and he shall save mine people from the hand of Philistines; for I have beheld mine people, for the cry of them came to me. 17] And when Samuel had beheld Saul, Iehouah (Jehovah/Yahuah) said to Samuel, Look-see! the man, whom I said to thee; this man shall be master of mine people. 18] Forsooth (for truth) Saul nighed (neared) to Samuel in the midst of the gate, and said, I pray, show thou to me, where is the house of the seer? 19] AND SAMUEL ANSWERED TO SAUL, and said, I am the seer; ascend thou before me into the high place, that thou EAT WITH ME TODAY (*2), AND I WILL DELIVER THEE IN THE MORN (*5), and I shall show to thee all things that are in thine heart.

      (*1) Equates with Middle English Mid-dage - Midday; Noon - The Customary Water Drawing Time - Strong's H # 5256 Eth - Evening; Noontide - Genesis 24:11; also John 4:6,7 Strong's G # 1623 & 5610 Hectos Hora - 6th Hour - Beginning the First Hour of Evening.
      (*2) Middle English To-Dage - Today. Equates with Strong's H # 3117 Yom - the warm hours of Daylight.
      (*3) Middle English Thilke Oure - Same Hour. Middle English Thilke Time - Same Time. Equates with This Time - Strong's H # 6256 Eth - This Evening Season; Noontide.
      (*4) Middle English To-Morwen -Tomorrow. Equates with Strong's H # 4279 Machar - Tomorrow.
      (*5) Middle English Morwen - Morn; Dawn; Morrow; Next Day. Equates with Strong's H #1242 Boqer - Dawn; Morrow.

      This passage from the Martyrdom of Batholomew is so plain that there can be no argument over whether the Scriptural Daily Cycle begins with Daylight or not:

      Martyrdom of Bartholomew v 5,7,11,12 (the Apostle to India)
      ( 5 ) And Polymius, the king of that country, happened to be standing opposite the apostle; and he had a daughter a demoniac, that is to say, a lunatic. And he heard about the demoniac that had been healed, and sent messengers to the apostle, saying: My daughter is grievously torn; I implore thee, therefore, as thou hast delivered him who suffered for many years, so also to order my daughter to be set free. And the apostle rose up, and went with them. And he sees the king's daughter bound with chains, for she used to tear in pieces all her limbs; and if any one came near her, she used to bite, and no one dared to come near her. The servants say to him: And who is it that dares to touch her? THE APOSTLE (BARTHOLOMEW) ANSWERED THEM: LOOSE HER, AND LET HE GO. They say to him again: We have her in our power when she is bound with all our force, and dost thou bid us loose her? The apostle says to them: Behold, I keep her enemy bound, and are you even now afraid of her? GO AND LOOSE HER; AND WHEN SHE HAS PARTAKEN OF FOOD, LET HER REST, AND EARLY TO-MORROW BRING HER TO ME. And they went and did as the apostle had commanded them; and thereafter the demon was not able to come near her. ( 7 ) And it happened, WHEN THE NIGHT HAD PASSED, AND THE FOLLOWING DAY WAS DAWNING, THE SUN HAVING RISEN, the apostle appeared alone with the king in his bed-chamber, and said to him: WHY DIDST THOU SEEK ME YESTERDAY THE WHOLE DAY with gold and silver, and precious stones, pearls, and raiment? ..... ( 11 ) THE KING (POLYMIUS) SAYS TO HIM (BARTHOLOMEW): TO-MORROW, AT THE FIRST HOUR OF DAY, THE PRIESTS ARE READY TO SACRIFICE IN THE TEMPLE, and I shall come there, and shall be able to see this wonderful work. ( 12 ) AND IT CAME TO PASS ON THE FOLLOWING DAY, AS THEY WERE SACRIFICING, THE DEVIL BEGAN TO CRY OUT .....

      The above information should be enough to prove that the Scriptural Daily Cycle is from Sunrise -to- Sunrise; however, there is much more Scriptural proof of the Sunrise -to- Sunrise Daily Cycle throughout the Canonized Biblical Scriptures, along with extracanonical sources. Below follows a comprehensive inclusion of those proofs. Where possible they, too, have been cross referenced with Strong's Concordance Hebrew & Greek Dictionaries.

      EXODUS

      In the passage below it will be noticed that Tomorrow consists of ALL THAT DAY AND NIGHT; and after THAT NIGHT the MORN - NEXT DAY - WAS MADE.

      Exodus 10:3,4,13
      03] Therefore Moses and Aaron entered to Pharaoh, and said to him, Almighty Iehouah (Jehovah/) of Hebrews says these things, How long will not thou be made subject to me? Deliver thou mine people, that it make sacrifice to me; else soothly (truly) if thou against stand, ....... 04] and will not deliver it, look-see! I shall bring in TO-MORROW (*1) a locust into thy coasts (boundaries), - 13] And Moses held forth the rod on the land of Egypt, and IEHOUAH (JEHOVAH/YAHUAH) BROUGHT A BURNING WIND (*2) ALL THAT DAY (*3) AND NIGHT (*4); AND WHEN THE MORN WAS MADE (*5), THE BURNING WIND (*2) RAISED LOCUSTS, which ascended on all the land of Egypt, .....

      (*1) Middle English To-Morwen - Tomorrow. Equates with Strong's H # 4279 Machar - Tomorrow; Next Day.
      (*2) Scorching East Wind - see James 1:11.
      (*3) Middle English Thet Dage - That Day. Equates with Strong's H # 1931 & H # 3117 - Hu/Hiy Yom - That Day; Same Day. Same.
      (*4) Middle English Nyytertale - Night. Equates with Strong's H # 3915 Layil - Night; (Mid)Night season.
      (*5) Middle English Morwen was Maad - Morn/New Day was Made - when the Sun was fully risen above the horizon. Equates to Strong's H # 1242 Boqer - Dawn/Morrow.

      In the passage below it is seen that DAY SETTLING - EVENING - IS FOLLOWED BY THAT NIGHT (v 6,7). In v 10 & 22 is found the New Day.

      Exodus 12:6-10,18,21,22
      06] and ye should keep him (a lamb without blemish) until THE FOURTEENTH DAY OF THIS MONTH; and all the multitude of THE SONS OF ISRAEL SHALL OFFER HIM AT DAY SETTLING (*1). 07] And they should take of his blood, and should put on every side post (of the door), and in lintels, or higher threshholds of the houses, in which they should eat them; 08] AND IN THAT NIGHT (*2) THEY SHOULD EAT FLESH, ROASTED WITH FIRE, and unleavened loaves, with lettuce [leaves] of the field. 09] Ye should not eat thereof any raw thing, neither sodden (seethed/boiled) in water, but roasted only by fire; ye should devour the head with feet and entrails thereof; 10] NEITHER ANYTHING THEREOF SHALL ABIDE (BE LEFT OVER) UNTIL THE MORN (*3); if anything is residue (left over), ye should burn in the fire. - 18] IN THE FIRST MONTH, IN THE FOURTEENTH DAY OF THE MONTH, AT DAY SETTLING (*1), YE SHOULD EAT UNLEAVENED BREAD, UNTIL THE ONE AND TWENTIETH DAY OF THE SAME MONTH AT DAY SETTLING (*1). 21] Forsooth (for truth) MOSES CALLED ALL THE ELDER MEN OF THE SONS OF ISRAEL, AND SAID TO THEM, GO YE, AND TAKE A BEAST BY YOUR HOUSEHOLDS, AND OFFER YE PASSOVER; AND DIP YE A BUNDLE OF HYSSOP 22] IN THE BLOOD WHICH IS IN THE THRESHHOLD, AND SPRINKLE YE THEREOF THE LINTEL, AND EVERY EITHER (EACH) (DOOR)POST; NO ONE OF YE SHALL GO OUT AT THE DOOR OF HIS HOUSE UNTIL THE MORN (*3).

      (*1) Middle English Dagesetelen - Day Settling - sinking to rest at eventide - even time - the hour it takes the sun to fully set. Equates with Strong's H # 6153 Ereb - Evening; Eventide; Dusk.
      (*2) Middle English Thet Nyytertale - That Night. Equates with Strong's H # 2088 & H # 3915 Zeh Layil - That/Self Same Night.
      (*3) Middle English Morwen - Morn; Morrow Day. Equates with Strong's H # 1242 Boqer; Dawn; Morrow.

      Philo gives testimony that the Passover Lambs were slain beginning at Noon-day and continuing until the Evening. Scripture says that the Passover Lambs were slain at bar ha arbayim - that is BETWEEN THE EVENINGS. Coupled with Philo's tesimony, this can only mean when the Sun crosses the zenith at High Noon until the Sun sets Even with the horizen. And that gives testimony that Evening is a time of Daylight as the Sun wanes from High Noon to its Setting below the horizon.

      Philo the Alexandrian Jew The Special Laws (Bk 28) 27:145
      (145) AND ..... COMES THE FOURTH FESTIVAL, THAT OF PASSOVER, which the Hebrews call Pascha, ON WHICH THE WHOLE PEOPLE OFFER SACRIFICE, BEGINNING AT NOONDAY AND CONTINUING TILL EVENING.

      Josephus goes on to tell us that none of the meat of sacrificial lamb was to remain until the next day; which as we have seen many times already, means after the Sun has fully risen over the horizon to begin a New Day.

      Josephus Antiquities of the Jews (Bk 3) 10:5
      05] In the month of Xanthicus, which is by us called Nisan, and is the beginning of our year, on the fourteenth day ... THE LAW ORDAINED THAT WE SHOULD EVERY YEAR SLAY THAT SACRIFICE ... which was called the Passover; and so we do celebrate this passover in companies (households), LEAVING NOTHING OF WHAT WE SACRIFICE TILL THE NEXT DAY (*1). .....

      (*1) Next Day. Equates with Middle English Morwen - Morn; Next Day; Strong's H # 1242 Boqer - Dawn; Morrow; and Strong's G # 4404 Proi - Dawn; Daybreak.

      Exodus 14:21,24,27,30
      21] And when Moses had stretched forth the hand on the sea, Iehouah (Jehovah/Yahuah) took it away, the while A GREAT WIND AND BURNING (*1) BLEW IN ALL THE NIGHT (*2), and turned into dryness; and the lough (water) was divided. - 24] And THE WAKING OF THE MORN (*3) CAME THEN, and look-see! Iehouah (Jehovah/Yahuah) beheld on the camps of Egyptians, by pillar of fire, and of cloud, and killed the host (army) of them; and he destroyed the wheels of cars (carts/chariots), - 27] And when Moses had held forth the hand against THE SEA, IT TURNED AGAIN FIRST IN THE MORN (*4) to the former place; and when Egyptians fled, the loughs (waters) came again, and Iehouah (Jehovah / Yahuah) wrapped them in the midst of the loughs (waters). - 30] And IN THAT DAY (*5) IEHOUAH (JEHOVAH/YAHUAH) DELIVERED ISRAEL FROM THE HAND OF EGYPTIANS, and they sighted Egyptians dead on the brink of the lough (water), - .....

      (*1) The Burning East Wind off the Desert.
      (*2) Middle English Nyytertale - Night. Equates with Strong's H # 3915 Layil - Night; (Mid)Night season.
      (*3) Waking of the Morn equates with Morning Watch - Strong's H # 821 - ash-moo-raw', ash-mo'-reth - a Night Watch. This was the 3rd and final Watch of the Night. In NT times it would have been the 4th Watch of the Night.
      (*4) Middle English Morwen - Morn; Morrow Day. Equates with Strong's H # 1242 Boqer; Dawn; Morrow.
      (*5) Middle English Thet Dage - That Day. Equates with Strong's H # 1931 & H # 3117 - Hu/Hiy Yom - That Day; Same Day.

      Exodus 19:14-16
      14] And Moses cam down from the hill to the people, and hallowed it; and when they had washed their habilment (clothing), 15] he said to them, BE YE READY UNTO THE THIRD DAY, nigh ye not to your femes (women/wives). 16] AND NOW THE THIRD DAY WAS COME, AND THE MORN (*1) WAS CLEAR; and, look-see! thunders began to be heard, and lights (lightning) to shine, and a most thick cloud to cover the mountain; and the sounding of a clarion (shrill sounding trumpet) made noise full greatly, and the people dreaded, that was in the camps.

      (*1) Middle English Morwen - Morn; Dawn; Morrow; Next Day. Equates with Strong's H #1242 Boqer - Dawn; Morrow.

      Here we find that Moses performs an object lesson in that he begins his Hours of Labor in Judging Israel with the start of a New Daily Cycle - on the Morrow (at Boqer/Dawn) - and continues until Evening of that Same Day.

      Exodus 18:12-18
      12] Therefore Jethro, ally of Moses, offered burnt sacrifices and offerings to Iehouah (Jehovah/Yahuah); and Aaron, and all the elder men of Israel, came to eat bread with him before Iehouah (Jehovah/Yahuah). 13] Fosooth (for truth) ON THE MORWE (*1) MOSES SAT THAT HE SHOULD DEEM (JUDGE) THE PEOPLE, THAT STOOD NIGH MOSES, FROM THE MORN (*2) UNTIL DAY SETTLING (*3). 14] And when his ally had sighted this, that is, all things which he did in the people, he said, What is this that thou does in the people? WHY SIT THOU ALONE, AND ALL THE PEOPLE ABIDE FROM MORN (*2) UNTIL DAY SETTLING (*3)? 15] To whom Moses answered, The people come to me, and asks the sentence of Iehouah (Jehovah/Yahuah); 16] and when any strife befalls to them, the come to me, that I may deem (judge) betwixt them, and show the commandments of Iehouah (Jehovah/Yahuah), and his laws. 17] And Jethro said, Thou do a good thing, 18] thou are wasted with a fonned (foolish) labor, both thou and this people which is with thee; the work is above thy strengths, thou, alone may not suffer it.

      (*1) Middle English Morwe - Morrow. Equates with Strong's H # 4283 Mochorath/Mochoratham - The Morrow; Tomorrow; Next Day.
      (*2) Middle English Morwen - Morn; Dawn; Morrow; Next Day. Equates with Strong's H # 1242 Boqer - Dawn; Morrow.
      (*3) Middle English Dagesetelen - Day Settling - sinking to rest at eventide - even time - the hour it takes the sun to fully set. Equates with Strong's H # 6153 Ereb - Dusk; Eventide.

      GO TO PART 3

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Yehochanan Ben-Yisrael
      Message 156 of 156 , May 20, 2009

        Shalom Bro. Paul,

        I really was not interested in reply to this thread.  But, when I was deleting my emails, I read your words again.  I read Mark 1:35 from the Aramaic Peshitta.  It is a lot clearer.  Before I go into it, I will quote the verse from the Murdock translation of the Peshitta and the KJV.

        Mark 1:35 (KJV) And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.

        Mark 1:35 (Murdock from the Peshitta) And in the morning, he rose much before others, and retired to a solitary place, and there prayed.

        That verse has been horribly translated in the Christian bibles.  In the KJV, where they have morning, the word ennookhon is there.  That means in the night as you correctly noted.  Then, later, we see the word, proi.  So, the verse, in Greek, says that he rose up in the night before the morning just before the sun rose.  Many call this time—dawn twilight—which is dawn/shachar in Hebrew.  The root of the word shachar is to be early, diligent.  This means early as in, I arrived early for my job interview.  By intimation, the sunlight arrives early in the dawn before the sun actually is present.

        In the Aramaic text, the word that they translate as proi is tzapra.   In the Aramaic Targums, we see this same word in Psalms 90:6 as boqer.  Boqer is when the sun is visible.  But, proi means the 4th watch of the night—literally—dawn.  Just check the Strong's concordance.

        This is the literal translation from the Aramaic Peshitta.

        Mark 1:35 (Yehochanan from the Peshitta)  And in the morning, he rose early and retired to a solitary place, and there prayed.

        The Peshitta and the Greek are not the same but convey the same message.  The Greek text took to liberty of adding few words to make it clear.  The translation you gave does a good job of translation the Greek—word-for-word.

        Mark 1:35 (2008 Jewish Orthodox Bible)  And very early, while it was still dark, having got up, Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach went out and away to a desolate place, and was davening shacharis there.

        Both, Ennuchon (in the dark) and proi (morning) are in the verse.  It seems that no one translates both words.  Also, many translations add the word, day, when it is not in the Greek or Aramaic text. It should say that he rose up very early while it was still dark just before the morning…

        I think your argument was that morning (boqer) cannot be dark.  I agree.  Dawn/Shachar is the time that the light of the sun begins illumination the earth and before the sun appears over the horizon.  When the sun appears over the horizon, it is boqer, the beginning of the day season.

        Many people believe that between the evenings is dawn and dusk twilight since erev means mixture—by implication—the time when light and dark are mixed.  It is not day because the sun is not visible but it is not night since dark does not dominate.  It is a mixed phase.  It has aspects of both the day and the night.

        I will not get into the between the evenings debate.  I rely on the Jewish sages and they all say that this is the afternoon when the sun is declining up until it is night/dark.  Everyone who says differently arrived at there conclusion via private interpretation.  And that is not a serious issue anyway since we do not do animal sacrifices and there is no instance (that I am aware of) where a person would violate Torah with the smaller timeframe for between the evenings.

        Shalom,

        Yehochanan