Re: Torah leads to Watchfulness

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2012
      I agree with the connectiveness of all these. My contention would be in the sequence, since we are advised by Christ that without Him, we can do nothing. It is only when the law is written in our hearts by the Holy Spirit that we can truly do anything substantive in the way of purity, holiness and the like. So rather than going through all of these steps to arrive at the Holy Spirit (which is impossible without the indwelling of God's Spirit) we need to realize our bankrupcy in our flesh to produce anything truly holy. We can mimick or approximate, but never accomplish holiness without His Spirit in us. "Christ in me, the hope of glory," as St. Paul declares.

      --Steve