Re: Benny Thurman RIP

  • M
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 26, 2008
    • Ed Starkey
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 9, 2008
        To those who were looking for Steve Akin ---[ i'm trippin ] ----i found him ---he is alive & well in south carolina ---He has been sailing the Caribbean  for 15 years. ----sigh--- ed starkey

        --- On Thu, 6/26/08, M <mmoser@...> wrote:
        From: M <mmoser@...>
        Subject: [TheTexas60sMusicRefuge] Re: Benny Thurman RIP
        To: TheTexas60sMusicRefuge@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 10:12 PM

      • Bob Prater
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 10, 2008

          No shit! Do you have contact information?

          I've tried to call you several times but you didn't pick up. Is there a good time of the day to reach you?

          From: M <mmoser@austinchroni cle.com>
          To: TheTexas60sMusicRef uge@yahoogroups. com
          Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 10:12 PM

        • robert galindo
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 14, 2008
            To All:

            Chris Holzhaus, rest in peace, succumbed to colon cancer on July 12, 2008.

            I have no details or information concerning a funeral.

            If you have any information about funeral services, please post.

            Sincerely,

            Robert Galindo
          • robert galindo
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 14, 2008
              UPDATE:

              see link below for Chris's obituary

              http://www.webfh.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=190994&fh_id=10337

              bob

              > Chris Holzhaus, rest in peace, succumbed to colon cancer on
              > July 12, 2008.
              >
              > I have no details or information concerning a funeral.
              >
              > If you have any information about funeral services, please
              > post.
              >
              > Sincerely,
              >
              > Robert Galindo
            • Diana Bordelon
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 15, 2008

                Robert

                Thanks for the info.............I will call my brother and let him know.

                Diana Marechal

                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 15, 2008

                  Robert, Diana And all.

                  Here is the obit info on Chris with a guest book if you want to sign it.

                  http://www.webfh.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=190994&fh_id=10337

                  Danny Meazell

                • Diana Bordelon
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 15, 2008

                    Talked to Sam Kindrick this am..........Chris did  not want a funeral...........but his wife indicated there would be a celebration in early Aug at the same venue as the benefit last year. Will update as I hear more info

                    Diana Marechal

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 15, 2008
                      your welcome.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 16, 2008
                        just got back into town....
                        so sorry to hear about chris' passing. he was quite active on
                        this bulletin board until sickness took him down last year.
                        chris was always willing to put down his memories of his
                        musical past, which included the argyles, max and the laughing kind,
                        mind's eye, children, eastwood review, roky erickson, augie meyers,
                        delbert mclinton (for 15 years). i'm sure there are some others
                        as well.

                        here are 2 clips from last year's benefit in SA:

                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=_c7EIWVfSbg&feature=related

                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=9GoHeZTVoCs&feature=related

                        or you can go to his myspace page:

                        http://www.myspace.com/chrisholzhaus

                        been a rough year for texas musicians.

                        cm
                      • 'Ol Blind Deaf Lightnin Chitlin Lemon
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 22, 2008
                          Well hell; I've said about every curse word I know ...and written
                          most of them here then deleted them lest I get my pee-pee whacked.
                          I am at a total loss for words ...except maybe Dumb Sh_t for not
                          checking in here more often (been a bit sick myself for awhile).
                          And were it not for getting my pp whacked, I woulda probably let all
                          the cussin' loose here ....And no disrespect meant ....but ALL the
                          Respect in the entire freakin' universe meant ....and surely Chris
                          would agree were we face to face and heard about the hardships and
                          passing of another old original Texas 60's Headhunter. Now how many
                          days, weeks, months, years will it take for this dark cloud to blow
                          over. Yea I know; He wouldn't want any damn dark clouds ....and
                          his phoenominal NO-SH_T / REAL-LIFE Cheer has and always will shine
                          brightly through the darkest of clouds; But I ain't the brightest
                          light on the christmas tree at the moment. I think I'll go get a
                          bottle of Black Jack and whatever else it takes to tie one on good
                          enough to tell Brother Chris just how much he has meant to me since
                          geeezus was a baby. I'll see you out on the beach tonight Bro.

                          Denny T~

                          --- In TheTexas60sMusicRefuge@yahoogroups.com, robert galindo
                          <slugger31416@...> wrote:

                          > To All:
                          >
                          > Chris Holzhaus, rest in peace, succumbed to colon cancer on July
                          12,
                          2008.

                          > I have no details or information concerning a funeral.
                          >
                          > If you have any information about funeral services, please post.
                          >
                          > Sincerely,
                          >
                          > Robert Galindo

                        • robert galindo
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 23, 2008
                            ditto.

                            ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ====

                            <slugger31416@ ...> wrote:

                            > To All:
                            >
                            > Chris Holzhaus, rest in peace, succumbed to colon cancer on July
                            12,
                            2008.

                            > I have no details or information concerning a funeral.
                            >
                            > If you have any information about funeral services, please post.
                            >
                            > Sincerely,
                            >
                            > Robert Galindo

                          • Ed Starkey
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 28, 2008
                              For all who sought information on Steve Akin [i'm trippin] ---this is his email address [with permission]- Laughs ---he said he did not know any body was looking for him

                              shakin007@...

                              if there are still problem, send email to:
                              Texas60sMusicRefuge@...

                              MARKETPLACE

                              Blockbuster is giving away a FREE trial of - Blockbuster Total Access.
                              Check out the

                              Y! Groups blog

                              Stay up to speed

                              on all things Groups!