Forensic Expert Witness Association Meeting

  • Barry Zalma
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2005
      Friends, I will be the speaker at the next meeting on September 15th.
      I hope you can attend. Details follows:

      Date: September 15th

      Time: 6PM Registration and Networking, 6:30PM Dinner and Program

      Location: Luxe Summit Bel Air Hotel, 11461 Sunset Blvd., LA

      Program: Recent court decisions relating to expert witnesses
      including how an expert may sue a lawyer for equitable indemnity if
      sued for expert witness Malpractice; the ability of an expert to
      testify based on hearsay and the fact that cross-examination of an
      expert can include facts not in evidence.

      A PORTION OF THE MEETING WILL BE DEVOTED TO A ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION
      OF QUESTIONS, PROBLEMS, ISSUES CURRENTLY EXPERIENCED BY EXPERTS IN
      THEIR PRACTICES. PLEASE COME ARMED WITH YOUR LATEST PEEVE, A "HOW DO
      I HANDLE THIS" QUESTION, RECENT EXPERIENCES THAT WE SHOULD ALL KNOW
      ABOUT, OR ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO DISCUSS OR RECEIVE FEED BACK FROM
      THE ASSEMBLED WEALTH OF EXPERT KNOWLEDGE.

      RSVP: Required. Email: info@... no later than 9/13.

      Cost: $45 members $60 non members. Non Members must
      prepay with Visa or MC or check in advance.

      Regards,

      Barry Zalma, Esq., CFE
      Barry Zalma, Inc.
      4441 Sepulveda Boulevard
      CULVER CITY CA 90230-4847
      310-390-4455
      Fax: 310-391-5614
      Cell: 310-738-6818
      zalma@...
      www.zalma.com
      =====================================
      This message was filtered through Norton Anti-Virus before it was
      sent. Every effort was made to protect you against the inadvertent
      transmission of a computer virus.

      The pages comprising this e-mail message contain confidential
      information from the law office of Barry Zalma, Inc. This information
      is intended solely for use by the individual or entity named as the
      recipient hereof. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware
      that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of
      this transmission is prohibited. If you have received this
      transmission in error, please notify us by telephone immediately so
      we may arrange to retrieve this transmission at no cost to you.
      Please destroy all copies, whether printed, electronic or in your
      computer's memory.
      =====================================
    • Barry Zalma
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
        Friends, if you missed the last meeting you have an opportunity in
        November so mark your calendars:

        DATE: November 17, 2005
        LOCATION: Sportsman's Lodge, 12833 Ventura Blvd., Studio City, CA
        TIME: 6PM Registration & Networking, 6:30PM Dinner and Program
        TOPIC: Managing Client Expectations
        SPEAKER: Ed Poll, JD, MBA, CMC
        Dr. Poll advises law firms and their leaders on practice management,
        business development and financial matters. He practiced law for 25
        years, was the CEO and COO of several manufacturing businesses. For
        the last 14 years, Ed has been coaching and consulting lawyers and
        law firms in the areas of strategic planning, profitability analysis
        and practice development. He has been called as an expert law firm
        management witness by the State Bar of CA Trial Court, appointed as a
        trustee of law firms convicted of disciplinary violations. He will
        be talking about how to ensure a pleased client by managing their expectations.
        COST: $45 Members, $60 Non Members
        RSVP: Required. Members may email their RSVP and pay at the
        door. 48 hour cancellation required. No shows with reservations who
        have not cancelled will be billed. Non Members must prepay with MC
        or Visa by fax or phone. Receipts will be mailed with the
        charges. 949.640.9911 Fax. Phone: 949.640.9903.

        Regards,

        Barry Zalma, Esq., CFE
        Barry Zalma, Inc.
        4441 Sepulveda Boulevard