Re: Lost Wages

  • deg630
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2003
      I definitely agree with Larry here-It has been my experience that
      when the carrier has an outside entity performing tasks such as the
      ones you mentioned, it's best to make sure delays and other
      correspondence is sent by the carriers representative i.e., you.

      I would go as far as to play devils advocate; looking at it from the
      point of view of the claimant attorney-why should i cooperate with an
      accountant/investigator/entity unless i received specific written
      demands from the insurance company to do so? And furthermore, why
      would any correspondence from this other entity be suffice to delay
      the claim? If the claimant attorney submitted documents directly to
      the accountant and not to your office, you might, if you were so
      inclined, have a basis for denial based on late notice to the
      carrier. (That scenario is one i've seen occur when first notice/NF-
      2's etc. are sent to a TPA rather than a carrier directly.) As Larry
      pointed out, insurers are held to the letter of the law, fairly or
      unfairly.

      Dwight Geddes
      MCM